Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

x and square or dual analog?

TitaniumDisc

Before I got the G27, I used :l2: and :r2: on the controller, because they are variable controls and not simple on/off buttons.

X and square are variable as well. I think when GT3 came out they said they detect 100 levels of pressure on the button :confused:

Although with only 1mm of travel between nothing and flat out its a bit pointless.

i never knew you could use the shoulder buttons, i will try them.

Really? :think:

But GT3 would use PS2 controllers anyway...

Yeah and pressure sensitive buttons were introduced for the PS2 controllers. But as TitaniumDisc said; there's only a couple mm of movement and the buttons 'pop' in and out so, even if you get used to it, it's more like 2 points of pressure rather than 100.

Yeah and pressure sensitive buttons were introduced for the PS2 controllers. But as TitaniumDisc said; there's only a couple mm of movement and the buttons 'pop' in and out so, even if you get used to it, it's more like 2 points of pressure rather than 100.

That's not true, when you push, for example X button, first it will go down then it starts recognizing the pressure. I tried it in GT5 today and when I was driving my car on a long straight road and was able to get different top speeds when pushing button slightly harder or lighter. I mean, it didn't go faster than that unless I pressed X harder.

Yes, I think you said that as an example but to give correct information it is pretty easy to find at least 5 preassure levels for each button. Someone said over 100 or was it 1000 I don't know about that but probably he wasn't kidding around.

Yes, I think you said that as an example but to give correct information it is pretty easy to find at least 5 preassure levels for each button. Someone said over 100 or was it 1000 I don't know about that but probably he wasn't kidding around.

I apologize! Before I got a wheel DiRT 3 got me using triggers anyway. But yeah... how much better is using a wheel! So much better.

What wheel would you recommend?

Ideally I would like a proper manual gear change instead of flappy paddles is possible

The G27 has a proper gear stick (w/ clutch) AND 'flappy' paddles and is awesome.

I use the Driving Force GT with >this< and I LOVE it. It has very stiff little sequential paddles on the back which are great.

It's been a while though, there might be good wheels out by manufacturers other than Logitech (i.e. Fanatec, Thrustmaster)?

PS3 Steering Wheel Comparison Guide

Edited by Mate

• 2 weeks later...
by the looks of it im the only one that uses the L3, R3 analogs xD

i dont like using X and square cause its either all or nothing with them.

Never really used the analog sticks properly as I always use either the G27 or x and [].

Just wondering how do you accelerate whilst breaking; easily achieved with pedals, heel toe (if using clutch) or two feet when using flappy paddle..

Easy with the buttons aswell, as your thumb covers both x and square.

I thought it was one stick right? Is it even possible?

:confused::confused:

I just rented this for the custom trophy list, but it reminded me how much I used to love the series on PS2. Plus the graphics are amazing. All I can say is :drool: I'm definitely buying this game.

Anyway, to answer your question, I always used to use the dual analog setup in previous games. I was surprised to find that's the default setting now. For me, I find it easier to control the throttle.

Edited by MFVillin