Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Dream Race - Spec B

backpackerd00d

If you would prefer to get it done the easy way i'd recommend doing it through A-Spec. B-Spec is definitely possible but those races can be hard with the Jaguar, im not sure how the Ford or the Ferrari handle it.

This is my first foray into racing games, so it'll take me a while to get to a sufficient standard to venture into A-Spec whilst on a DS3.

My first was GT2... And I sucked at it...

You should have seen back in the day... I was playing need for speed underground on my big brothers PS2. I only knew about the accelerator. Fuck braking just go straight and hope it can take a 90 degree corner at 250 km/h... Never won a single race :(

This is my first foray into racing games, so it'll take me a while to get to a sufficient standard to venture into A-Spec whilst on a DS3.

Start with the license tests and the Sunday Cup races and work your way up. "A sufficient standard" is pretty low, especially the first batch or two of races. The driving line helps a lot with finding corner speeds and braking points. It's not always right, but it's a good first approximation most of the time.

You should have seen back in the day... I was playing need for speed underground on my big brothers PS2. I only knew about the accelerator. Fuck braking just go straight and hope it can take a 90 degree corner at 250 km/h... Never won a single race :(

i have to say this was my approach to racing games too, until i got to GT5. GT5 also tought me that the fastest way around a corner generally isn't powersliding, something i thought was very efficient from my need for speed and burnout days. :)

i have to say this was my approach to racing games too, until i got to GT5. GT5 also tought me that the fastest way around a corner generally isn't powersliding, something i thought was very efficient from my need for speed and burnout days. :)

A common (and irritating) misconception about racing games.

I challenged a friend to race to the platinum for GT5 and he quit after it "wasn't like Need For Speed" :facepalm:

A common (and irritating) misconception about racing games.

I challenged a friend to race to the platinum for GT5 and he quit after it "wasn't like Need For Speed" :facepalm:

I can understand why, i remember when i first played Gran turismo it felt odd and i thought it was shit because cars took forever to brake and turned slower than cars like hummers did in Need for Speed. But eventually you grow used to it and appreciate how realistic it is. I've got friends that prefer the arcade style races while i prefer the simulators, it all comes down to personal preference in the end.

Can I win the Cote d' Azur race with the Jaguar? Even with shortened gears I don't think it can beat the 2J or the Toyota 7.

Seriously, shorten the gears right up, and you'll just zip away from people coming out of the slow corners.

Only had one go at Deep Forest so far, came second. Found the power gap (with no other tweaking other than gears and soft racing tyres) to be too much to make up.

Can I win the Cote d' Azur race with the Jaguar? Even with shortened gears I don't think it can beat the 2J or the Toyota 7.

You certainly can, i've done it on both my play throughs. If possible try to make sure the 2J starts behind you on the grid, that includes if it starts 8th. The toyota 7 shouldn't be a problem. If you really need it though, you can add my account: chris--9- and i can put a chaparral 2J up for lending for you.:)

If the goal is the "dream race" trophy, driving the Chaparral won't help. :p

I know but the comment i replied to stated that they couldn't win with the Jaguar at Cote D'Azur, i would think if they were going for the dream race trophy they'd go for it on the first race as its alot easier.

Well I did try racing at Deep Forest with a borrowed Ferrari but I never catched up the 2J. That was months ago when I still sucked at the game though, maybe I can win the race nowadays.

I'm not sure how much of an affect it has but the Ferrari has the lowest horsepower but lowest weight of the three cars so it would be more suited to Cote D'Azur if thats the only one you have. If you have the Jaguar XJ13 or the Ford Mark IV give them a go as from memory they have about 50 more horsepower so they might be better suited to the first race, they are however a bit heavier. If you're going for this on A-Spec i'd recommend the Ford or the Jaguar over the Ferrari as the Ferrari isn't as stable as the other two cars.