Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

GT5 disk won't load?

leer_74

Hello group, have a problem.. though its been brought up about being stuck on the GT5 screen (just log out and reboot) but this seems to be different. Here is the situation, when I load the disk nothing shows up!? no icon no loading screen nothing, all you here is the disk going in and starting up then a wierd clicking, stopping sound as if I put in a different format disk. yesterday i was able to play my GT5 game fine well sort of I was able to eject then reinsert the disk a few time before I got an icon and was able to play GT5 fine, then today nothing I cant get it to recognized the disk at all? (log off and on psn) Now before you say its the player its not cus I can play other game jsut fine. Right now playing MLB11 the show (which is dirty as heck), and jsut finished watching a blu-ray movie. So its not the player, and the disk is in perfect shape and I mean perfect like I just got it new. Ive tried to delete update file and reset the system fully nothing? anyother suggestions? I would be really apprciated, cus hate to quit when was working on the gold for the license test and lose my feeling for the game.

Well I went beyond what is mention in that I completely reformatted and installed the ps3 hardware/firmware.. yes jsut to play GT5 :p.. annnnddddd nothing! the disk will not start up not even the icon?!.. now this is getting beyond irritating cause I not even sure if getting a new gt5 disk will work? and no I dont have a jailbroken or hacked machine, though thats intresting about "Hacked PS3 or your PS3's finally cacked it and doesn't think it's worthy of such a game" lol.. also my machine is less than a year old (had to replace an old one) so if basiclly tried everything short of getting a new disk, im going to try the game in a freinds ps3 and see if it boots up. but any other ideas out there?

Well, my GT5 disk didnt work in another PS3... :(.. I still dont know what happened? because like I mention before the disk is perfect, I mean perfect not a blemish or scuff mark and had a it verified that its like I just got it new I got the game 5 months ago and played it off and on but until last last week was working fine.. anyhow The only last thing to do is to see if another GT5 disk will work hopefully it will but I have one other question is how much space does the GT5 take in total? and I mean after all the installs and the updates and anyother stuff that will take up hdd space (besides game save) thanks..