Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Gran Turismo 5 - Special Events Guide

Harry94_

GUIDE HAS BEEN MOVED TO HERE:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/gran-turismo-5/95468-gran-turismo-5-license-test-special-events-guide.html

PLEASE VIEW THE GUIDE THERE, THANKS

• All events apart from X1 Nürburgring and Suzuka completed with DS3 •

Found this guide via a google search? Not a registered member? Then why not Join the forum! Also please don't steal this guide and use it on another site, thanks

Introduction

As many of you requested that I should make a special events guide I have now finally got around to it. Most of the events won't prove to be much of a challenge, it's just getting used to the track and car your using. I have included replays which are of my own to the events which I found to be difficult, if anybody has replays on YouTube for the events I don't have replays for then contact me and I can include them in the guide with credit being given to you. The replays where filmed with a digital camera so the quality isn’t great but you can still see the speed I’m going at and my times I hope this guide helps you in getting all gold’s in the special events!

Also I’ve just started out on YouTube and if my videos helped you please sub! :)

Index

Gran Turismo Karting experience

Jeff Gorden NASCAR School

Top Gear Test Tack

AMG Driving academy:

DRY

WET

Gran Turismo Rally

Sebastian Loeb Rally

Grand Tour

Sebastian Vettle X

Edited by Harry94_

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gran Turismo karting Experience

These where the first special events that I completed with gold first, there really easy once you get used to the Go-Kart and the track. The Autumn Ring event is the hardest one here, but once you get used to the handling of the Go-kart and how fast you can take the corners as well as slipstreaming it shouldn't prove too difficult. No cars are unlocked for completing these events... But you get a horn!

Gold: Random Paint color

Silver: Random Paint color

Bronze: Horn No. 138

Settings:

These events are too easy, I have found it too difficult to describe what to do in the events to get gold, you just want to slipstream/draft the other karts and be very gentle on the sterring and accleration inputs. I never braked, i only took my finger off the acelleration to go around the corners.

Edited by Harry94_

Jeff Gorden NASCAR School

These special events aren't hard unless you make it hard for yourself, if your not slipstreaming in the races you will certainly not win. I did these events after the patch were you couldn't turn off ABS so this shows it can be done. The hardest events here are the last set of races, you have to slipstream like crazy and never leave the slipstream (the only exception is when you overtake). The cars you unlock for completing these events are:

Gold: Random NASCAR Stock Car

Silver: Random Modern Muscle Car

Bronze: Random Classic Muscle Car

Settings:

Everything off

Beginner:

1:

Pretty easy, just slip stream the other cars and take the corner as perfect as you can while slipstreaming. It will be a very close finish and is a good place to get "within 1/100" trophy. Always overtake from the inside if you can.

Pretty easy, just slip stream the other cars and take the corner as perfect as you can while slipstreaming. It will be a very close finish and is a good place to get "within 1/100" trophy. Always overtake from the inside if you can.

Intermediate:

These cone events are easy once you get the hang of how to turn into them and how fast you can go, with all the settings off you should be able to get gold in a few tries. Remember not to hit any cones as you will get DQ. With this event you don't need to brake at all, just take it the corner as smooth as you can without touching the wall.

These cone events are easy once you get the hang of how to turn into them and how fast you can go, with all the settings off you should be able to get gold in a few tries. Remember not to hit any cones as you will get DQ. For this event you will need to brake a little bit after you enter the corner, shouldn't take too long to get gold just don't hit the wall or you will lose loads of speed.

These cone events are easy once you get the hang of how to turn into them and how fast you can go, with all the settings off you should be able to get gold in a few tries. Remember not to hit any cones as you will get DQ.

These cone events are easy once you get the hang of how to turn into them and how fast you can go, with all the settings off you should be able to get gold in a few tries. Remember not to hit any cones as you will get DQ

Advanced:

Rejoining the pack after a pit stop

For this event when you come out of the pits you will want to make sure your in 5th place. The 4th place car is usually the "Fed Ex" car. You will want you slipstream it for the first corner perfectly and never break from it. You should overtake it just before the next corner and you will be able to overtake 3rd place on going around the corner. You won't be far from 2nd place when you finish the 1st lap, just keep slipstreaming it and you will overtake them on the straight or the corner after it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlrsUXY9YII]GT5 Jeff Gordon Nascar School Advanced - Joining the Pack Daytona *Gold* - YouTube[/ame]

Credit to iluRacing for the vid

2 lap battle at Daytona

This can be tricky, what you want to do is at the very first bit you want to slipstream the car in front perfectly and you and him will fly past the "enigizer" car, make sure you don't break from the slipstream or bump into the wall. For the first corner slipstream perfectly the same car as before. You will be close to them on the straight and then near the start of the next corner you will join them, be very careful as the group is huge and overtaking can be difficult as you can't touch the other cars. Repeat the process for the next lap. Refer to the video for more help.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dnc9c_1vfc]GT5 Jeff Gordon Nascar School Advanced - Last Two Laps Daytona *Gold* - YouTube[/ame]

2 lap battle at Indy Superspeedway

I found this event pretty simple, just brake a lot later than the other cars do and overtake them from the inside of the track, be careful not to hit the other cars as this was the main problem I faced with this event. Refer to the video for more help.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWZ5iBUaOdQ]GT5 Jeff Gordon Nascar School Advanced - Last Two Laps Indy *Gold* - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Harry94_

Top Gear Test Track

These events are easy, once you get used to the handling of the cars and how to take the corners of the track you will be fine. The intermediate one was the hardest for me as the car slips everywhere and you tend to go off track or hit another car which gets you DQ, but if you use the right settings you should be ok. The cars you unlock for completing these events are:

Gold: Jaguar XFR ’10 (S)

Silver: Lotus Elise Type 72 ’01 (S)

Bronze: The top gear test track can now be used in Arcade mode and Practice

Beginner:

Settings:

The samba bus is really slow and this event is really slow, the main thing you will need to do too succeed is slipstream as much as possible and cut the corners as much as you can without getting DQ. Remember not to hit any of the other cars.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQRYa21BPSc]GT5 Special Event 3 - Gold - SambaBus '62 @ Top Gear Test Track - YouTube[/ame]

Credit to GTRufus1 for the vid

Intermediate:

Settings:

TC: 6

Active Steering: mild

The Lotus Elise is really light but powerful which makes it hard to control, you will be skidding a lot if you brake too late or turn too fast. There isn’t much more too this event, but try and cut corners as much as you can without being DQ. Remember not to hit any of the other cars.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO2NypzKbc4]Gran Turismo 5 - Special Event: Top Gear Test Track (Intermediate) - Gold - YouTube[/ame]

Credit to uxgalyq for the vid

Advanced:

Settings:

The key to succeeding is this event is to not let the car de-accelerate, once the car reaches a certain speed it starts to de-accelerate and really loses speed. What you will want to do is one the car reaches it maximum speed you need to just keep tapping the accelerator and keep the speed maintained, don’t let go of the accelerator for too long or too short as you will lose speed. Using this method you will find this event very easy. Just be careful not to hit any of the other cars.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB-F6yoXm8Q]Gran Turismo 5 - Top Gear Special Event - Volkswagen Kubelwagen typ82 '44 (Advanced) - YouTube[/ame]

Credit to hunhatrix78 for the vid

Edited by Harry94_

AMG Driving Academy

These events are the 2nd hardest in my opinion because you need to know the track pretty well and how to handle the car absolutely perfect, only kidding :p that's what everybody says but seriously there not hard at all if you use the right settings. I was bumping and sliding all over the place on the rain tracks and still got gold first time. The only ones that I found difficult where all the ones in beginner, the rest are a piece of cake if you use the settings I tell you to use. The cars, photos and tracks you unlock for these events are:

Beginner:

Gold: Winter Ahrweiler in Photo Travel

Silver: Fortified walls of Ahrweiler in Photo Travel

Bronze: Ahrweiler Street in Photo Travel

Intermediate:

Gold: Nurburgring 24hrs available in Arcade mode and endurance training

Silver: Nurburgring available in 4hr endurance training and Arcade

Bronze: Nurburgring Nordschleife in Arcade and Practice

Advanced:

Gold: Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG ’10 (P)

Silver: Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG ’08 (P)

Bronze: Mercedes-Benz A 160 Avangarde ’98 (S)

Expert:

Gold: Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren ’03 (S)

Silver: Mercedes-Benz 65 AMG (R230) ’04 (S)

Bronze: Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Kompressor ’98 (S)

Beginner (Dry)

The beginner section is the hardest section in my opinion, the car is crap and you have to be perfect on a few of the sectors just to scrape gold. It shouldn't prove too difficult and you will gold in soon enough.

Settings:

TC: 2

Active Steering: Mild

ABS: 1

Controller Sensitivity: 5

S1:

For the first sector just pay attention to the driving line and take the corners as fast as you can, the 2 corners before the corner leading to downhill straight can be cut, just drive over the grass but make sure you don't smack any barriers. For the 2nd to last corner you can take it full throttle but go over the grass a bit so you don't go into the wall opposite.

S2:

Pretty easy, just take the corners as fast as you can and this should be easy for you. There’s no where to cut the track in this sector that I know of so I just stayed on the track.

S3:

In my opinion this sector is the hardest of the AMG gold’s. You have to take the whole sector perfect to be able to get gold. For the long straight keep steering inputs to a minimum to maintain maximum speed. For the first corner you just need to let go of the accelerator for about half a sec. For the last few corners you will want full throttle though the first 2 than brake for the rest. This is a hard event and may take some time.

S4:

The driving line doesn't help you at all in the last sector, it tells you to brake when you can go flat out so you will have to make your own judgment here. Fairly easy, just take the corners as fast as you can and you will get gold. For the 2nd to last corner drive over the grass to cut the corner but don't go to fast or you will smack into the wall.

Full Lap:

Apply everything you have learnt in the previous sectors to the full lap. This full lap is easy with these settings, I was bumping into cars etc and i still got gold but I took the corners pretty well to. I got gold first time so it shouldn't take you long.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnRlvs4kUNM]Gran Turismo 5 AMG Driving Academy Beginners Class Full Lap - YouTube[/ame]

Credit to RVI985 for the vid

Intermediate (Dry)

These are thought to be the hardest AMG Events but really there not, the car is really fast and as you can cut corners it makes things easier for you. I'd golded all these events within half an hour so it shouldn't prove too difficult

Settings:

S1:

For the first sector just pay attention to the driving line and take the corners as fast as you can, the 2 corners before the corner leading to downhill straight can be cut, just drive over the grass but make sure you don't smack any barriers. For the 2nd to last corner you can take it full throttle but go over the grass a bit so you don't go into the wall opposite.

S2:

Pretty easy, just take the corners as fast as you can and this should be easy for you. Theres no where to cut the track in this sector that I know of so I just stayed on the track.

S3:

Easy, just stick to the road and take the corners as fast as you can. I got gold first time using the settings above. There's no place to cut the track in this sector.

S4:

The driving line doesn't help you at all in the last sector, it tells you to brake when you can go flat out so you will have to make your own judgement here. Fairly easy, just take the corners as fast as you can and you will get gold. For the 2nd to last corner drive over the grass to cut the corner but don't go to fast or you will smack into the wall.

Full Lap:

Apply everything you have learnt in the previous sectors to the full lap. This full lap is easy with these settings I was bumping into cars but I took the corners pretty well to. I got gold 2nd time so it shouldn't prove too difficult for you.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1PTsE2IcCk]GT5 - AMG Academy - Intermediate Full Lap with Shortcuts & DS3 7:04:627 - YouTube[/ame]

Credit to Made4DBZ33 for the vid

Edited by Harry94_

Advanced (wet)

The first set of wet events are so easy it's stupid. I beat the sector times by about 3 secs with bumping into walls and unnecessary braking. Very easy set of events with the settings I've included.

Settings:

TC: 7

Active Steering: Strong

ABS: 3

S1:

For the first sector just pay attention to the driving line and take the corners as fast as you can, the 2 corners before the corner leading to downhill straight can be cut, just drive over the grass but make sure you don't smack any barriers. For the 2nd to last corner you can take it full throttle and drift through, Drifting is the key to succeeding in these wet events.

S2:

Pretty easy, just take the corners as fast as you can and this should be easy for you. There’s no where to cut the track in this sector that I know of so I just stayed on the track. You will need to drift in this sector to get the best possible time.

S3:

Easy, just stick to the road and take the corners as fast as you can. I got gold first time using the settings above. There's no place to cut the track in this sector. Remember to drift to maintain maximum speed though the corners.

S4:

The driving line doesn't help you at all in the last sector, it tells you to brake when you can go flat out so you will have to make your own judgment here. Fairly easy, just take the corners as fast as you can and you will get gold. For the 2nd to last corner drive over the grass to cut the corner but don't go to fast or you will smack into the wall. Remember to drift throughout the Lap.

Full Lap:

Apply everything you have learnt in the previous sectors to the full lap. This full lap is VERY easy with these settings, I was bumping into cars hitting walls etc but I took the corners pretty well to. I got gold first time so it shouldn't take you long and I beat the gold target time by 10secs.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He6d4TL2YSo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He6d4TL2YSo[/ame]

Credit to FormulaKimball for the vid

Credit to Metdevil678 for this very useful part about the expert events.

AMG Expert:

Metdevils678's settings

TCS: 7

ABS: 10

ASM: Off

My settings:

S1:

The first sector is probably the slipperiest, so it pays to brake early, before the corners, and then use throttle control through the corner.

There is no Driving Line on these challenges so use the Gear Indicator instead, When the red number flashes is about when you should start braking.

'Hatzenbach' is an especially slippery corner, so brake heavily. The following S-bend (Hocheichen) can be cut to save heaps of time, while on the grass try to line yourself up so that you're parallel to the road as you re-enter the track, this will give you a good entrance to the next corner, brake early into it and use throttle control through the long right corner for a fast exit speed.

As you cross the bridge along the 'Quiddelbacher' straight your sector time should be around 0:56:000, though you can get away with about a second slower.

Brake before the hump in the road and use throttle control through 'Flugplatz'.

Brake long before 'Aremberg', using the kurbstones on the left as a guide, I started braking when they finished and stopped braking as soon as I started turning through 'Aremburg'

S2:

Go flat out, full-throttle all the way through 'Fuchsröhre', ignore the '5' Gear Indicator but brake heavily for the following '3'.

The 'Adenauer-Forst' S-bend can be cut, use the same tactic as the S-bend in Sector 1, while on the grass line yourself up parallel to the road on re-enter.

'Metzgefeld' is a deceptive corner, so brake heavier than usual.

Brake very early into 'Kallenhard', you want to start braking before the Gear Indicator appears, so keep that in mind.

For the following '3's on the Gear Indicator, instead of braking just use throttle control, you have more control over your car when using the accelerator rather than the brake.

For 'Wehrseifen' Brake heavily and early.

On the 'Breidscheid' corner it's faster to slow down and then bounce off the barrier than it is to break as early as the Gear Indicator tells you, so don't be afraid to hit the barrier.

Break long before 'Bergwerk and throttle control through it.

S3:

In my opinion, this is the easiest sector. so you shouldn't have to worry about being too clean.

Follow the Gear Indicator exactly, as soon as the red number flashes, break. The lower the number, the harder you need to break. Follow the Gear Indicator through 'Caracciota-Karussell'.

Break early for the dip into 'Wippermann'

S3:

My least favourite sector, I found this one the hardest.

Don't brake too early for the first sandpit corner and try to maintain about 85-90Kmh.

For the following S-Bend avoid the kurbstones or it'll throw you into the opposite wall.

Coming into 'Pflanzgarten' brake before the dip and maintain around 110Kmh around the corner.

break lightly for the '4' right-hand corner and then for full-throttle through the following '3', don't brake for it, but watch out for the '3' after that which will require heavy yet late braking, start braking for it a little after the '3' starts flashing. Slow into 'Schwalbenschwanz' and fast out.

You should be leaving the banked corner at around 1:13.000.

Brake lightly for the following '3' and use throttle control through 'Galgenkopf', try not to go into the grass, impossible to get out of it while maintaining speed.

Go flat out for the easy left under the bridge after the 30 second straight.

Break heavily for the final corners like the Gear Indicator says, there is a shortcut through 'Hohenrain-Schikane' (the final S-bend) just like other S-Bends in Sectors 1 and 2, but it's risky and takes a bit of practise to get right, which you wouldn't want to risk as the final corner of the full lap. It's best to just stay on the track instead.

Full Lap:

Self explanatory, the above 4 sections, one after the other. Here are my sector times throughout the lap:

(G) 8:30.000

1: 0:52.885

2: 1:32.605

3: 2:02.349

4: 3:05.330

5: 3:49.271

6: 4:20.058

7: 5:18.628

8: 5:59.844

9: 6:35.253

10: 7:24.224

11: 7:46.889

12: 8:11.385

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAUD716jC8o]GT5 AMG Academy Expert, Gold, Full Lap, (8:20.167), No Assists, SLS AMG - YouTube[/ame]

Credit to gt5pp for the vid

Overall:

If you're having traction issues, try taking an in-out-in line instead of an out-in-out line. This is because , due to the frequent use of out-in-out lines in good weather the track is 'polished' along these lines. So in the wet those lines are the slipperiest, you'll have much better traction avoiding them even though in-out-in may not be the fastest idea, it's the safest. You can easily see where on the track is 'polished' as it will be light and shiny on the road where the less used areas have more of a 'Matte' look to it.

The Full lap has a lot of padding in the time asked and so makes Gold easy to thrash, this means you can take your time passing the other cars and don't need to risk passing or taking shortcuts.

Edited by Harry94_

Gran Turismo Rally

I just bought the same cars that Pesico said to buy in the trophy guide but I tuned the cars differently. Very easy set of events the only real annoying thing is the wait at the start of each event. Remember to use the appropriate tires for the job

Beginner: RANDOM Road going Rally Car

Intermediate: RANDOM WRC Rally Car

Advanced: RANDOM Historic Rally Car

Beginner

Settings:

For the road event: TC: 3 , ABS: 1

Volvo C30 R-Design '09 (P)

Add whatever tuning you want to get it as close as you can to 245bhp

Intermediate

Settings:

Citroën C4 WRC '08 (P)

Add whatever tuning you want to get it as close as you can to 345bhp

Advanced

Settings:

Citroën C4 WRC '08 (P)

Add as much tuning as you want as there’s no restrictions to the BHP

Edited by Harry94_

Sebastian Loeb Rally Challenge

This event consists of 3 rally time trials. Once you get used to the track and the car these events shouldn't prove to be difficult. I beat Chamonix by 12secs so it's really not that hard if you’re using the right settings. The cars you unlock for completing these events are:

Gold: Citroën C4 WRC ’08 (P)

Silver: Citroën C4 Coupe 2.0VTS ’05 (P)

Bronze: Citroën C3 1.6 ’02 (S)

Toscana

Settings:

TC: Off

Pretty simple and if you've done the grand tour rally event you should find this very easy to gold, for more info refer to that part of the guide.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa8pGOVY-YQ]Gran Turismo 5 Special Events Sebastien Loeb Rally Challenge Toscana - YouTube[/ame]

Credit to NataFFfunfor the vid

Eiger Nordwand K Trail

Settings:

TC: 1

For the first part you are on a track and you can take this first corner pretty fast, for all the downhill and uphill parts you will want to get as much speed as you can but be careful on the downhill parts as you will be going pretty fast and braking at the right time on dirt at that speed can be pretty difficult but you will get used to it. For the last part of the track the corners are pretty sharp and you will want to drift them and get as much speed as you can out of them.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eenki9ydG3I]Gran Turismo 5 - Sébastien Loeb Challenge (Eiger Nordwand K Trail) - Gold - YouTube[/ame]

Chamonix Main

Settings:

This is the easiest of the 3 in my opinion as I find driving on the snow a lot easier than the dirt, easier to handle the car. For the first few corners don't brake but drift and let go of the accelerator. After you have gone flying down the hill you can brake a hell of a lot later than the driving line says, brake and drift. For this huge mountain climb you want to maintain as much speed as you can and don't take the corners on the inside. The rest is pretty easy and if you have already done the "Dream Drifter" trophy this bit should be easy for you. Near the end of the track you may think you can take the slight turn without braking but you can't, you have to brake earlier than the driving line says and drift though. For the very last corner, drift and don't go too fast or you will slip into the wall and get DQ.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E12jxipIHlU]Gran Turismo 5 - Sébastien Loeb Challenge (Chamonix) - Gold - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Harry94_

Grand Tour

I found 2 of these events really hard, Tuscan Night race and Eiger. Eiger is the hardest event in my opinion after X1 challenges and takes some real skill to get gold. The rest shouldn't prove to difficult especially the races. Make sure you use the settings I used as it really helps. You get some photo locations for just completing them all, a really bad prize for such a hard set of events.

Completing 1 event – Chapel Bridge, Lucerne

Completing 2 events – Siena, piazza del Campo

Completing 3 events – Main Square of San Gimignano

Completing 4 events – Abbey of San Galgano

Eiger:

Settings:

Everything else off

A ridiculously hard event because of the horrible turns and hills which make the 8C slip everywhere if your not careful on the steering inputs and acceleration. For the first corner you will want to brake when the driving line says to brake and turn into the corner as tight as you can without skidding, if you skid you will lose loads of time. Continue round to the next left hand corner and again take it as tight as you can. For the next corner use the handbrake method to help swing the car a bit so you can get a better exit (tap the handbrake) and tap the accelerator going down the next corner and once you are halfway though it accelerate down to the bridge. Time: 34.5 - 35.2. Now this hill is where most of you are probably losing time, you will want to keep and maintain a speed going up the hill or you will just slip and lose loads of time. When entering the tunnel you should be on a low 50 and coming out 55.x, this little corner can be taken by braking a tiny bit, try not to lose control because you will be going fast. These last few corners need to be perfect too, brake late and go wide and get as much acceleration as possible coming out of the final corner. As you can see in the video I mucked up the last set of corners but still achieved gold. I will add my own replay once i get my PC working again.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_ln4zgkDlc]GT5 - Grand Tour - Eiger Nordwand - Gold - 1:16.794 - YouTube[/ame]

Credit to Cirrus5005 for the vid

Toscana Night Race:

Settings:

ASM: OFF

Active steering: Strong

I didn't have a clue how to do this event, I just drifted everywhere and did a lot of sudden braking lol, it doesn't help that its pitch black either, all you can see is the driving line and other cars. With the settings above I did the event first time because before I was using ASM (it says to use it in the trophy guide) ASM really slows you down, you need to drift to maintain speed, watch the video for more help. I will add my own video once i get my PC working again.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBu3JiRT3aE]Gran Turismo 5 - Grand Tour: Toscana Night Race Gold (new version: first corner, left hairpin) - YouTube[/ame]

Credit to onlypanavia for the vid

Toscana Rally Time Trial:

Settings:

TC: off

ASM: off

Active steering: Mild

If your good at rally driving and drifting then this event should be easy for you. The driving line really doesn't help you in any rally events as most of The time you can go flat out or just brake a little. You will need to use it though when you have just gone up the hill and have those twisty corners to navigate. Refer to the video for more info.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GlBK6md3iY]Gran Turismo 5 GT5 Grand Tour - Toscana Rally Time Trial Gold Lap 1:53:888 - YouTube[/ame]

Credit to SubBlackStudio for the vid

2 Lap Battle at Monza:

Settings:

The first chicane is the most important part of this track, you can overtake nearly all of the cars at this point. This event is really easy, I got gold first time so it shouldn't prove too difficult to get gold.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJYu2NVCTgI]Gran Turismo 5 - Grand Tour event; Monza (gold, onboard, no driving aids) - YouTube[/ame]

Credit to HeikkiX360 for the vid

2 Lap Battle at Rome:

Settings:

The same applies for this event as the Monza event, the first corner is the most important as you can overtake nearly all of the cars and then just slipstream the others to win. I got hold first time so it should be easy for you to get gold to.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQbEnTGX-As]GT5 Gran Turismo 5 Grand Tour Rome - last race, Gold - YouTube[/ame]

Credit to AlfredTehRocks for the vid

Edited by Harry94_

Sebastian Vettle X

These challenges are really hard, they require perfect concentration and perfect everything. There’s no room for error. I got gold on Monza with a DS3 and as you can see in the video that i was really sloppy and I messed up quite a lot but I still got gold. I bought a Logitech Driving Force Pro for the other two as I couldn't see myself getting gold (didn't have the patience). The challenge is still hard with a wheel but it's not as hard as using a DS3. I found Suzuka the hardest as because of all the turns and sharp corners. The best advice is DON'T GIVE UP, Another real good tip I can give you is to turn off the HUD, Ghost and map. This helps a lot more than you think it would as I got nervous after doing a really good 1st lap and would always mess up the next lap, but with the HUD off you don't know what times you have and when you see the gold trophy come up at the end... :D The cars (rockets) you unlock for completing these events are:

Gold: Red Bull X2010 Prototype ‘10 (Carbon) (P)

Silver: Red Bull X2010 ’10 (random plain color) (B)

Bronze: Red Bull X1 ‘10 S.Vettle (P)

Monza

Settings:

Skid recovery force: On

ABS: 9

Brakes: 5/5

This is the easiest of the three, The key to succeeding in this event is too cut the chicanes as much as you can. For the first chicane brake at the 3rd marker on the left, take the chicane as fast as you can and cut it as much as you can. For the next corner brake at the 2nd marker on the right and cut as much of the corner as you can without smacking into the stone blocks (you can overtake the ghost at this point). For these next corners brake a tiny bit and turn early. Now for the S turn, brake about halfway down the red driving line then accelerate though the S (I messed up on both laps here as I tool it too fast on the 1st and turned to early on the 2nd and mounted the curb). This last corner is a real pain when using a pad as I could never get a good line and I ended up braking more than I needed to. Repeat the same process for the 2nd lap but brake at the 1st marker on the right for the first corner. Lap 1: 1:03 - 1:04 Lap: 2: 59.0 - 1:00.5. WILL ADD MY OWN REPLAY ONCE PC IS FIXED.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbtSAtkScHg]How to get Gold in S. Vettel X Challenge Monza [HD] - Gran Turismo 5 Practice Centre Special - YouTube[/ame]

Credit oinkoink8383 for the vid

Nürburbring GP/F

Settings:

Brakes: 10/10

This for some people is the hardest but I got gold in 4hrs. For the first corner you will want to brake at the last sign on the left (the signs saying how far away from the corner you are) Then take the next corner wide without braking, brake at the end of the red area of the driving line and also take this corner wide but if you feel you are going to fast take your foot off the accelerator, This sector can be from 19.5 - 20.3. These next set of corners I could never take properly, brake a tiny bit and turn early into the corner then for next corner brake at the end of the red part of the driving line and take the corner as fast as you can. The corner coming up now is probably the most important corner on the track, you will want to brake very late and start accelerating out of the corner when you are about half way into it, 2nd sector 33.5 - 34.1. Now for this long straight (Schumacher S) you will want to have full throttle all the way though it then when you get to the sharp left brake about halfway in the Red area of the driving line and turn early, for the next corner just take your foot off the accelerator for about a second and start accelerating when you think you can, 3rd sector 49.5 - 50. Now for the chicane, brake at the 2nd marker on the right and once you are in the chicane accelerate quickly out of it (you can smash straight though the PD boxes but it's really risky and could mess up your run). This last corner for me was the worst corner on the track, I could never take it properly and it was random if I took it good or bad, you will want to brake at the end of the red driving line and accelerate out of the corner when you are about halfway though it. Lap 1: 1:03 - 1:04. For the 2nd lap just repeat the above steps but for the first corner brake at the first marker on the left instead of the 2nd. WILL ADD MY OWN REPLAY ONCE PC IS FIXED.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX7iwO_L0xg][GT5] Sebastian Vettel X Challenge - Nurburgring GP/F Gold - 2'07''888 - YouTube[/ame]

Credit to TeamReiatsu for the vid

Suzuka

Brakes: 5/5 (but 10/10 if you have a pad)

The dreaded Suzuka Circuit, the hardest track on GT5. This event is the hardest thing in the game, if you turn too early or late you will most likely get DQ, brake too late or early the same will happen, there's no room for error here. For the first corner you will want to accurate fully though it until you reach the end of the red part of the driving line but don't brake too hard as you will lose loads if speed. Now for the S turns, if your using a Pad this is going to be so hard to complete perfectly but it's not too hard with a wheel. You will want to accelerate fully for the first right turn, left turn, right turn, but remember to turn early or you will go flying into the sand, then for the next turn take you foot off the accelerator for about a second and start accelerating again all the way though until you reach the sharpish right hand turn, just take your foot off at the start of the red driving line and put it back on at the end of the red driving line. Now for the very sharp right, this corner is a real bitch because you come into it so fast you need to brake and steer earlier than you think, start to brake at the start of the red driving line and turn straight after. 1st Sector: 27.9 - 29.0. Now for the hairpin, look to your right, there's a red and white curb, you will want to brake at the end of this until you reach the hairpin, take the hairpin as tight as you can and accelerate as early as you can out of it and this will give you good speed for the long straight. The 2 corners coming up now (the spoon) are the most annoying corners on the track; it's so hard to get a good line though it without under steering. You will want to take the first corner as wide as you can go, the wider the better but don't go too wide or you will get DQ. Now for the next part of the spoon, tap the brake and steer hard again, you will want as much speed as you can possibly get coming out of this corner as it will set you up for the long straight ahead. 2nd sector 52.0 - 53.0 is good. Now the chicane, I found this a lot easier to take than Nürburgrings chicane. You will want to brake about 4 car paces behind the Suzuka sign above you then cut as much of the curbs as you can and maintain 100mph odd though the chicane. 1st lap 1:05 - 1:06. For the second Lap you will want to do the same as you did on the lap before but your sector times should be 1 sec quicker. (if you listened to my advice above you wont know you split times but if you use the HUD this is what you need)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUAVMkrvUFM]Gran Turismo 5: Red Bull X2010 Vettle event - Suzuka Gold - YouTube[/ame]

Credit to me for the vid :p

Edited by Harry94_

Nice, im trying the night race as we speak

Im sorry about there being no video as of yet and the guide is pretty crappy without them, I recorded with digi camera at first but the quality was so bad it was ridiculous.

But you can still see the right settings and a breif written description :)

Edited by Harry94_

• 2 weeks later...