Online still active

oswald41

Dang I just picked this up for a buck on the flash sale. Figuring a decent amount of people still played it .. Didn't know it was filled with cheap fuckers and the servers were about to close.. Meh

Well, theres been an influx of level 10 and below n00bs since the sale. But unless you want to only play this for the next 2 weeks i wouldn't recommend this. Since most of these new n00bs may leave and go back to thier black ops 2/cod ghosts/or bf4 leaving nothing but these spamming hardcore a-holes and people like me who want to get the rest of the trophy out of the way and move on to the other 3 gamespy games i have to finish.

I thought this game was P2P hosted. Shouldn't the server shutdown not matter?

Not sure it is P2P. Fact is, this game doesn't even save locally on the PS3. All stats and progress are saved *somewhere* so it definitely uses a server. I can't even seem to do the challenges offline, it asks me to connect to PSN to play. This game seems like a 100% online to me.

Considering it shows a big Gamespy logo at the startup, I am hurrying up to get it done asap.

Not sure it is P2P. Fact is, this game doesn't even save locally on the PS3. All stats and progress are saved *somewhere* so it definitely uses a server. I can't even seem to do the challenges offline, it asks me to connect to PSN to play. This game seems like a 100% online to me.

Considering it shows a big Gamespy logo at the startup, I am hurrying up to get it done asap.

Yeah, good call. Even if the matches are served P2P, all the ranking info etc. would be central and that's all going down.

Think this is doable, start-to-finish, for someone starting fresh now?

Yeah, good call. Even if the matches are served P2P, all the ranking info etc. would be central and that's all going down.

Think this is doable, start-to-finish, for someone starting fresh now?

Yes it seems perfectly doable but not without some stress, unless you boost. Boosting makes everything much easier; ideally a team of 12 people to completely fill a room to avoid randoms then get all things done.

I have started my game on the 19th and I have 45% trophy progress now, but still missing some hard/semi-long trophies like reach level 100, slap happy, weapon mastery, etc. Working on the challenges now (did 15/50 for now, seems not hard) and it should bring me to 55%.

The rest I will probably boost and for the level 100, use the XP glitch. Would be nice if we could find 12 people to beat the entire trophy list together.

Edited by Guimace

The rest I will probably boost and for the level 100, use the XP glitch. Would be nice if we could find 12 people to beat the entire trophy list together.

That would be nice, and it shouldn't be hard to find 12 people with the flash sale and the impending server shutdown sending people this way. Maybe we should start putting together a roster of 12 or more people in the boosting thread who can all devote time to playing together.