This is not the Genesis/Megadrive version!!

ENAYSOFT

I agree that the Megadrive version was cool because it had the Death Bringer extra levels and also the duel mode, but the arcade version is far superior and much more challenging. The colours are also so much better on the arcade version, have you seen the Megadrive version and compared them?

Well I am pleased this is the arcade version, even if others aren't :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I agree that the Megadrive version was cool because it had the Death Bringer extra levels and also the duel mode, but the arcade version is far superior and much more challenging. The colours are also so much better on the arcade version, have you seen the Megadrive version and compared them?

Yes! I played it on the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis/MegaDrive Collection just a few days ago and just bought this version two days ago. I wish I knew this was the arcade version sooner. Thanks Sega for the vague title description on the PSN store.

There's a night and day difference IMO between the arcade version and Genesis/MegaDrive version.

- The audio doesn't cut off every time someone dies in the arcade version.

- The bodies stay on the screen after you kill them. They just turn to stone. In the Genesis version, the bodies just disappear.

- The visuals in the arcade version are brighter, sharper and far more detailed.

I hope we get a release of the 2nd and 3rd titles and the excellent golden axe revenge of death adder that was only in arcades i believe, well worth setting up mame to play it.

The three Genesis/Mega Drive games are available in Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. It also contains the Sega Master System game of "Golden Axe Warrior". This collection is also made by Backbone Entertainment and contain the same filtering tools (HD and texture smoothing) as found in this game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...