Jackasses these days.

Lord Tony

So I'm on my PS3 playing an old 1989 game called Golden Axe. This guy asks me what Golden Axe is. I tell him it's a classic Sega game. He goes oh is it a 3D shooter? I said no, there was no 3D back then and it's a sidescroller fighter. He then says "that's kinda shitty" and I ask why. He responds "i dont no do u play MW2" and I said no, I don't play shit games.

So I'm on my PS3 playing an old 1989 game called Golden Axe. This guy asks me what Golden Axe is. I tell him it's a classic Sega game. He goes oh is it a 3D shooter? I said no, there was no 3D back then and it's a sidescroller fighter. He then says "that's kinda shitty" and I ask why. He responds "i dont no do u play MW2" and I said no, I don't play shit games.

lmHIGHao! U gotta wonder how old the guy was when SEGA was out? Almost done with this classic but short game now!

Hahaha :) well said!

What an idiot. Can't beat the Classics :)

LOL Way to to Lord Tony!!! I wasn't born yet when the first Golden Axe came out but I did get to play it among the Sega Collections. Finished the game on PSN and will play it again with friends. And yes nothing beats the classics. The classics kinda required more skill anyways. Lotsa old-school charm :)

Edited by EtherealSkye

:applause: But then again you are both right, both games suck.

Yeah, I had a similar discussion with someone these days who didn't get the point of 3D Dot Game Heroes (the retro Zelda-like game). 100% rageworthy.

I don't get how people just lost the capability of playing anything that doesn't have realistic 3D graphics and competitive online multiplayer.

Ha....remember Jet set willy well lol.....Love my classic games There is 2 more i'd love 2 see on PS3 with trophies. Flashback from the mega drive. And Cannon Fodder. Would love 2 play them again.

Another world (prequel to flashback (kind of) would be awesome aswell, i remember playing them on my amiga 1200 back in the day, you'd probably like my list of games i want to see on ps3, none of this "oh i want all the xbox exclusives on ps3/more generic fps", it's mostly filled with the classics, golden axe, cannon fodder, manic miner, beneath a steel sky, Humans etc, granted there are a few more modern games (to satisfy the resident evil fanboy in me) but it's mostly classics

If you are interested in my choices for games that should come to ps3, look below

Humans

Curse of Enchantia

Legend of Kyrandia

Manhunter: New York

Manhunter: San Francisco

Operation Stealth

KGB

Ruff n Tumble

Kid Gloves 1 & 2

Another World

Flashback

Fade To Black

Croc

Captain Planet

Cannon Fodder 1 & 2

RE1-3 HD Collection

Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicle

Resident Evil The Darkside Chronicle

Resident Evil 0 + REmake

Resident Evil Outbreak files 1 and 2 HD

Dino Crisis 1 and 2 remade into HD, and a sequel made following from DC2 and ignoring DC3 completely

GTA Vice City & San Andreas given the HD Collections treatment

A "Strike Series" HD Collection - Desert Strike, Jungle Strike, Urban Strike, Soviet Strike, and Nuclear Strike

Blaze and Blade: Eternal Quest

Jetstrike

Kings Quest

Police Quest

Space Quest

Colonels Bequest

Cruise for a corpse

Bully

Zool

Micro machines 1-v3

Star wars: masters of teras kasi

Beneath A Steel Sky

Flight of The Amazon Queen

IT! Came From The Desert 1 & 2

Simon The Sorcerer 1 & 2

Discworld 1-3

Indiana Jones & The Fate of Atlantis (Graphical Adventure)

Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade (Graphical Adventure)

Indiana Jones Temple of Doom & Raiders of the lost ark done as graphical adventures

Loom

Manic Miner HD

Sensible World of Soccer HD

Tombi 3

Felony 11-79 aka runabout 1 & 2 HD

Bignose the caveman

The Dizzy Collection of games

Dragonstone

The Addams Family

North And South

Serious Sam 1 and 2nd Encounter HD

Cannon Fodder ...... me too.

Also wouldn't mind Buggy Boy, spend waaaay too much time on that one.

Ha....remember Jet set willy well lol.....Love my classic games There is 2 more i'd love 2 see on PS3 with trophies. Flashback from the mega drive. And Cannon Fodder. Would love 2 play them again.

LOL Way to to Lord Tony!!! I wasn't born yet when the first Golden Axe came out but I did get to play it among the Sega Collections. Finished the game on PSN and will play it again with friends. And yes nothing beats the classics. The classics kinda required more skill anyways. Lotsa old-school charm :)

I enjoy and hate the old school games. THey are fun and bring back memories, and yet they dont live up to the ones we play now. I agree with you although i think MW2 still takes a different skill. anyway happy we can laugh at the stupid gamers out there, and happy i remember these old school games.

i wasnt around when these came out, but it was just before my birth, so not that long ago

Amen to that :applause: .

Would love to see Flasback and Another World too

How can people not know what Golden Axe is?

Its a classic.. back in the days me and my friends spendt hours on the arcade to beat all the Golden Axe games.. so much money and so many hours and we loved it :applause:

Edited by b0shey

It's wonderful that we can enjoy classic games like Golden Axe on new generation consoles.

Now it would be hard to connect my Sega mega with strange broad connection to my LCD tv that has only HDMI and other new connections.

I have only 1 pad for my Sega and I always wanted to play with someone.

Never in my dreams I'd thout That now I will be playing Golden Axe,Street Fighter, Sonic and other classic Sega games with my Girlfriend :dance:

It is cool to remember these old classics (hell I remember when Golden Axe came out, I was 22 back then) and theyre always worth replaying but i dont think they have the same replay value like a MW, blackops or any other recent game with either competitive or coop multiplayer.

I often remember games I was playing at the arcades back then, I then dl them on an emulator (MAME or others) only to find out 'damn that game is crap, did i really enjoy this back then?'