Golden Axe 1 Trophy Set

superpj

Golden Axe is now available on the European PSStore. It's free for the PS+ members.

Here are the trophies.

(B) Cockatrice : Ride the Cockatrice.

(B) Omni character : Play as every character.

(B) Turtle Village : Choose any character and reach Turtle Village (Stage 3) without dying once.

(B) Amazon Magic : Perform the Level 6 magic with the Amazon.

(B) Dwarf Magic : Perform the Level 3 magic with the Dwarf.

(B) Barbarian Magic : Perform the Level 4 magic with the Barbarian.

(B) Potion : Collect 3 Potions from a thief or party of thieves.

(S) Survivor : Choose any character and reach "Across the Sea" (Stage 5) without dying once.

(S) Co-op Win : Beat the game in local Co-op mode.

(B) Online Co-op : Complete an online Co-op game.

(S) Win : Beat the game.

(G) Perfect Win : Beat the game without continuing.

It should take you less than 2 hours to 100% this game if you played it in your childhood ;)

Here's a quick roadmap :

Step 1 : Offline solo game

Start a new Single Player game with 5 lives and 5 energy bars. Choose any character (I recommend the Amazon). From now on, make sure to reach level 5 without dying once. Feel free to abuse the "save" function.

Level 1 :

In the beginning of the level, you will find a Cockatrice. It's a pink animal that you can ride. Ride it and you'll get a trophy. Later, you'll find blue dwarves who drop potions when you hit them. Try to take 3 potions from them and you'll get a trophy. If you fail, don't worry, there will be many other occasions. If your magic meter is full (lv6 for the Amazon, lv3 for the Dwarf, lv4 for the Barbarian), you can use it by pressing :triangle: and you'll get a trophy. I recommend to do this against the 2 bosses.

As you beat level 1, you will get the following trophies :

(B) Cockatrice : Ride the Cockatrice.

(B) [Amazon/Dwarf/Barbarian] Magic : Perform the Level [6/3/4] magic with the [Amazon/Dwarf/Barbarian].

(B) Potion : Collect 3 Potions from a thief or party of thieves.

Level 3 :

Beat this level and you'll get the trophy :

(B) Turtle Village : Choose any character and reach Turtle Village (Stage 3) without dying once.

Level 5 :

Beat this level and you'll get the trophy :

(S) Survivor : Choose any character and reach "Across the Sea" (Stage 5) without dying once.

From now on, you can die but DO NOT USE ANY CONTINUES.

Last level :

Beat the final boss and you 'll get :

(S) Win : Beat the game.

(G) Perfect Win : Beat the game without continuing.

Step 2 : Offline co-op game

Warning : there's no save function.

Start a 2-Player offline game with a character that you didn't choose in your first playthrough. You don't need to have a human partner, you can just use the two controllers yourself :rolleyes: (that's what I did). I don't know if there are limited continues but I managed to beat the game with around 5 continues per character. Don't forget to use your magic when it's full. During this playthrough, you'll get :

(B) [Amazon/Dwarf/Barbarian] Magic : Perform the Level [6/3/4] magic with the [Amazon/Dwarf/Barbarian].

(S) Co-op Win : Beat the game in local Co-op mode.

Step 3 : Online Co-Op

Start an online Co-op game. Select the 3rd character that you didn't take in your 2 previous playthroughs. Use your magic when it's full, then die and exit. You do not need to beat the game to get the co-op trophy.

You will earn :

(B) Omni character : Play as every character.

(B) Online Co-op : Complete an online Co-op game.

Edited by superpj

It said Golden Axe 2 in the PSN store and when I Went to download it, Golden Axe appeared when I installed it.

it only lists number 2 in this blog post

SEGA Genesis Collection Coming Exclusively to PlayStation Plus Subscribers for FREE! – PlayStation Blog)

edit: if u look closely they crossed out the 2. lol.

So Golden Axe 2 doesn't exist, and we're only getting Golden Axe, correct? Guess we just need to change this forum's name then. :p

Oh and thanks for the list, I was looking for that.

Yeah me too. I don't understand. Maybe because i'm not a true plus member ?

I think this is the reason, because the free PS+ members where about to get only last months free games..

Anyway I can't wait to play this game! I loved it when I was young..

I need to 100% it today, probably during the night ;)

Edited by darknock

Is this supposed to be a guide or a roadmap thread? I'll change the title if so and if you are planning to submit it as such, otherwise it may be closed.

Edit: Closed by request of the author. If you want to reformat it into an actual guide please let a member of the GT know. Thanks.

Edited by Vyrastas