You Got the Touch? Because I don't.

jedi1josh

The You Got the Touch trophy wants me to climb that column of blades without getting hit once. I quit right at this point because I can't even get to the top alive.:eek: I just recently started replaying GOW2 and got the platinum so now I'm about to give GOW a try again (it's been close to a year since I've played it). Any tips before I start again? I'll probably play this starting tomorrow (3-25-11)

I found that I tried too hard to rush it, and tried to jump and that ususally ended in failure. The best thing is to study the pattern of the blades and BE PATIENT. I always stopped between the change of directions to find the best point. usually it starts at the base of each colomn and you can work your way up to the next one.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I got this trophy in the 1ST TRY!!! Just remember that to get the trophy you have to pass only the 1st column without getting hit and of course be patient and don't use the X button to go faster. Simply watch out for the spikes a bit, so that you can know when to pass and you'll do it. It's simple!! But the 2nd column is much harder than the first one!:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

this trophy wasnt that bad for me either, i had to retry a bunch of times, eventually after like 20 minutes i got pro at it and got the safe areas memorized and i basically jumpclimbed my way up mixed with a little normal climbing. Atleast there is a safe point right before it and its a one time, one challenge deal. You should really be worried bout challenge of the gods...no save point for all 10 challenges and the last 3 of them are fucked up with no magic allowed, and if you used your rage of the gods anytime before challenge number 10 your basically fucked.

• 4 weeks later...
Is this trophy glitched? I got you got the touch without trying to get it. I got hit by the blades so much that I throw my controller on the floor.

I don't complain though. :p

It's not a glitch. The trophy is unmissable.

When you made it to the top it means you didn't get hit, because getting hit means you'll fall down.

Whether you got hit at previous attempts doesn't matter.

It's kinda stupid because the wording of the trophy description seems to suggest you have to beat it without getting hit in *any* of your attempts and restart if you fail, which is not the case.

• 3 months later...

Well I got it. So how did I get it? I got this trophy for 30 minutes. I always climed and always have been hit, but always fall into underworld on underworld's cloudes. And when I climed over and over I finaly got it. So if you did climed spiked column and you were hit you couldn't get it. But when you climb spiked column without get hit you get that trophy. But if you weren't hit and climed it and didn't get that trophy then I don't know. Maybe you did use cheats (only if there are cheats for gow1) or something wrong with your playstation (network) or something is wrong with the game.