XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > G (PS3) > God of War

Old 05-09-2010, 04:36 PM   #11 (permalink)

Here is how I helped my friend get his trophy for completing these. I was lucky enough to do it myself, but he was really struggling.

1. Buy beer.
2. Get a buddy.
3. Switch back and forth and everytime you die, you must drink.

These challenges make for a fantastic drinking game. We almost thought we weren't going to be able to finish because by the end (challenge 10 particularly) we were getting a bit under from all the drinking we were doing.

However, having a friend their to do these with (the beer can be optional) makes this much easier, as long as you have a good sense of humor with all the failing you WILL do.

Platinum Trophies - God of War I, God of War II, Final Fantasy XIII, Borderlands, Batman : AA, Dead Space, Dark Void, RE5, Resonance of Fate, Darksiders, Terminator Salvation, TRON:Evolution, Alone in the Dark, PoP:TFS, XMO: Wolverine, Dante's Inferno, Assassin's Creed 2, Where the Wild Things Are, Iron Man 2, Bayonetta
In Progress - Dragon Age: Origins
Need to Finish - Ghostbusters, 3D Dot Game Heroes
LostfromtheStart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 04:41 PM   #12 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostfromtheStart View Post
Here is how I helped my friend get his trophy for completing these. I was lucky enough to do it myself, but he was really struggling.

1. Buy beer.
2. Get a buddy.

These challenges make for a fantastic drinking game. We almost thought we weren't going to be able to finish because by the end (challenge 10 particularly) we were getting a bit under from all the drinking we were doing.

However, having a friend their to do these with (the beer can be optional) makes this much easier, as long as you have a good sense of humor with all the failing you WILL do.
Wow, so that actually worked?
Old 05-10-2010, 04:59 PM   #13 (permalink)

Heck yeah it worked! My friend was so pissed at these challenges he was never going to pick up the game again. So we did the above, and now he is the happy owner of another platinum.

Platinum Trophies - God of War I, God of War II, Final Fantasy XIII, Borderlands, Batman : AA, Dead Space, Dark Void, RE5, Resonance of Fate, Darksiders, Terminator Salvation, TRON:Evolution, Alone in the Dark, PoP:TFS, XMO: Wolverine, Dante's Inferno, Assassin's Creed 2, Where the Wild Things Are, Iron Man 2, Bayonetta
Old 05-10-2010, 10:17 PM   #14 (permalink)

Seriously, some of these challenges were such a pain, while others were easy, the hardest one by far was challenge 5 with the crossbow, it's all about timing, yet on the last one I missed by an inch, and hit a soldier, had to retry it atleast 20 times...

Everyone said challenge 7 and 8 was meant to be hard (7 is the "Hit them, dont get hit" thing, right?)

Challenge 7 I did in literally 6 seconds, I just double jumped to the middle, holding L1 + O in midair, and all the enemies except one fell off the level, including the minotaurs, so I just hit the last one with a Square Square Triangle combo...

Challenge 8 isn't exactly hard, moreso just long and tiresome, just wait for a crowd to gather, jump above them, and L1 + O, it lasts like 10 minutes, so can get boring, just make sure to NOT be in the air when the beams come, and roll around as much as possible, it's actually quite easy...

Now, Challenge 10, I was told was VERY fustrating due to the small platform, and apparently the best way is to L1 + X all the way up, in my opinion... BULL. SHIT.

Seriously, just keep jumping to the middle of the platform and L1 + O in midair, that kills all the mini cerberus' off, just ignore the Saytrs and stay away from them, it's easy, if they knock you to the edge, do a roll towards the middle and tap X at the end, it's great because you can potentially knock them both off at the same time with it, and then resume with the L1 + O until you get to the top, it's the safest way I found, as well as being very quick, and if you fall off the ledge, try to double jump back on, I never needed to, although they DID get me hanging a few times, but quickly tapping X and doing the roll + X worked wonders from there. Seriously, it took me like, under 2 minutes to get it to the top...
jbrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:42 PM   #15 (permalink)

I was seriously thinking about quiting the challenges due to challenge 5 i would always get down to the last one and then kill a human must off re tried it about 30 times the only thing that keeping me going is that platinum.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:24 PM   #16 (permalink)

I`d put off trying for this trophy for a while having heard how frustrating it can be.

Got it this morning, took just over 1 & 1/2 hours start to finish, the only one I really struggled with was No 10, took about 40mins to get a `lucky` run.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:28 PM   #17 (permalink)

Luck is a large part of number 10.

People also say that the L1+O move is the best to use for many of the fights, which it is. However, for number 10, I also recommend using the roll+X move, which if you connect with a satyr will stagger and throw them into the air, then use L1+O, you'll knock them off. If you don't stagger them before you use L1+O, they typically block and, as we all know, like to throw you off the side.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:16 PM   #18 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostfromtheStart View Post

1. Buy beer.
2. Get a buddy.

Huh, that's an interesting way of completing those challenges, lol.

trophy goal: 70%+ completion by 2015
Dreadnought190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 01:35 AM   #19 (permalink)

got it done last night only one i had trouble with was #7 took a few tries. I was so stupid on 10 that i kept fighting after the platform was high enough and then died took another 3 goes to get it done LOL.
Took about an hour

Big thanks to Efunk25 for the sig

kinglette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 12:39 PM   #20 (permalink)

I just stomped one of my controllers to pulp after getting thrown off the platform at challenge 10. I never get frustrated with videogames but this one ticked me off.