XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > G (PS3) > God of War

Old 12-27-2009, 05:59 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default any tips on how to tap a button fast

Hey i cant tap buttons fast which makes button mashing games not fun so what are some ways to tap a button fast without a turbo controller
Lucifer-Harvest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:10 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Ryanmushr00ms

put ur thumb on the button and rapidly shake ur arm/or wrist to make ur thumb press the button repeatedly lol.best i can explain it.

Download my modnation creations please <3 it would help me tons. send me a message if you wanna d4d so i can hook up my internet.

Blank friend requests will be deleted.

Metal Gear Solid 3

Ryanmushr00ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 03:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

I brace my hand slightly sideways and mostly use my wrist. Doing this way I can hit the button about 8-10 times per second. (Unlike the world best who is about 20-ish).
I mostly blame Caveman Games. And if you're old enough to know what I'm talking about, then you get a gold cookie.

Sakurafire's Deviantart website // http://Sakurafire.deviantart.com
Sakurafire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:02 AM   #4 (permalink)

I can't tap fast enough for this game either with my thumb. Luckily I can if I put down the controller and tap with my index finger.

ArcyGabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   Silver Submission
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

I remember the sock trick worked wonders on wrestlemania : slide you hand in one of your socks and pretend the controller's button are made of brass and you're polishing them w/the sock... by rubbing on and over a button you can get some quick(er) pressing action. Hope this helps...
Old 12-28-2009, 11:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Awards Showcase First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Word of Mouth - Platinum   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Almost Golden   Staff - Super Moderator   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Awesome Mystery Award   Guide Supplement Bronze   Bright Idea!   THL Season 2 Champions - Team 4Play
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)

Tilt the controller and mash said button with both your thumbs. Works like a charm and I hardly break a sweat.

When playing against my friends or anything that involves button mashing, i always end up top =).
BreadSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 03:50 AM   #7 (permalink)

I actually hold my thumb up in the air and press the buttons with the bottom of my joint. I find it easier to more or less hold my thumb still and actually press buttons by shaking the actual controller in my hand..... not sure if that made sense lol

My Trophy Case
BostonGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 03:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   A+ Thread Award   Guide Supplement Bronze   Word of Mouth - Platinum   THL Season 2 - Top 20 Individuals   Community Gaming Event Gold   5,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)

I personally put down the controller and tap the buttons.

Doing it from the usual position is impossible. I had kinda hoped they would fix that in the remastered version. Its just as bad as the original. Hopefully, part 2 is different?
Old 01-04-2010, 10:10 AM   #9 (permalink)

I find the best way is to place the controller on my leg, and tap the button with my index finger.
wolvieware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:04 AM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Jack

Awards Showcase Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Learn how to vibrate your hand, you'll be suprised at how easy button mashing games turn into.

Also, practice on your own with other games, play God Hand for the ps2, that will beat the button mashing skills into you.