XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > G (PS3) > God of War III

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 06:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Platinum Trophy God of War III Trophy Guide & Road Map

Another guide has been chosen as the preferred guide for this game.
This thread has been closed and is not maintained and as a result may contain outdated or incorrect information. Please follow the link below for the preferred guide.

Estimated Difficulty: 6/10
Estimated Time to Platinum:15-20 hours
Offline Trophies: 36 (20 , 10 , 5 , 1 )
Online Trophies: 0
Minimum Number of Playthroughs Required: 1
Do Cheats Affect Trophies?: Yes, the godly possessions will stop trophies from being received. So will costumes.
Do Difficulty Trophies Stack?: The only difficulty trophy is Titan mode, the other would be just beating the game. So yes.
Missable Trophies: 16 ("Mr. Hand", "Ladies Man", "Hit Man", "Rip One!", "Nice Tan", "Obedience School", It's getting hot in here...", "Souled Out", "No Guts, No Glory", "Hitting Your Stride", "Eye Candy", "Feather Plucker", "Are You Horny to Win?", "Maxed Out!", "Priceless", "aMAZEd")

Road Map

Step 1: Complete the game and get the 'aMAZEd' trophy

For those of you not new to the God of War franchise, you may want to start on Titan (hard) mode. Others, however, may want to go for Spartan (easy) mode. This way you don't necessarily have to follow any guide and can easily get through the game.

During this, you won't have to get all of the collectibles considering this is a very easy mode. Worry about perfecting combos, blocking, and countering, they'll be needed for Titan mode.

When you get to the Labyrinth part of the game I'd suggest getting the trophy for not dying/failing so you don't have to worry about it on Titan mode. This section of the game is very hard on Titan so you'd want to do it on the easiest setting because it's still very hard. There are multiple save areas in the Labyrinth, but make sure once you enter the Labyrinth you do not die. For more of a guide to this section, please refer to F8L Fool's guide: How To Unlock "aMAZEd' (Guaranteed).

This is the area to mess around with and I'd also suggest going for the kill trophies such as 'Hit Man', 'Rip One!', 'Nice Tan', 'It's getting hot in here...', 'Obedience School', and 'Souled Out'. If you can, remember to collect some, if not all, of the godly possessions.

Step 2: Complete the game on Titan

This part will probably be the hardest out of all the trophies (side from possibly the 'aMAZEd'). This is where knowing when to do great combos, where/how to evade, and how to counter becomes invaluable. These will save your life throughout the game. This is also where you'll definitely want to get all the gorgon eyes, phoenix feathers, and minotaur horns so you can have as much at your disposal during big boss fights (and even hard regular enemy fights). Getting your Blades of the Exile and then the Namean Cestus maxed out before anything else will be a great idea. These are really the only 2 weapons you'll use.

You can't use any costumes and godly possessions in this if you've gotten any, so don't try. It will cancel trophies.

Step 3: Challenge of Olympus

Once you've beaten the game once, you can do this before you do step 2 but some of you may not. This is for the 'Up to the Challenge' trophy.

Luckily, these challenges are a lot easier than the God of War 1 & 2 challenges so if you've done those you'll do fine here.

Anyone having any trouble with these, please refer to the videos later in the guide and possibly F8L Fool's written guide.

Step 4: Clean Up

Hopefully you won't need this step at all. I'm hoping the majority of people have all the trophies by the end of step 2 since all the trophies are mostly done in the story mode. However, people have been known to not get trophies in the minimum amount of playthroughs (I should know, I had to play Dead Space 4 times and Dante's Inferno 3).

Full Trophy List & Guide

Releasing the Floodgates
Story-related trophy, can not be missed.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Burnt to a Crisp

Mr. Hand
Discover the secret 'Hades Arm' room - This trophy is missable.

Hooker

Shine Lord

Last edited by Terminator; 12-06-2013 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Added a link to the stickied guide.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:05 AM   #2 (permalink)

Platinum Trophy

Shoe Delivery

I didn't do it... But I wish I did!
Story-related trophy, can not be missed

Ladies Man
This trophy is missable

Sibling Rivalry

Handy Man

Open Sesame
Story-related trophy, can not be missed

Titan Slayer

Seeing things from a different perspective

Freezer Burn

aMAZEd
Beat the Labyrinth without dying or failing - This trophy is missable

Rescue Me

Three Wise Men

Last edited by Vyrastas; 01-07-2011 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Added site trophy tiles
Old 03-19-2010, 06:06 AM   #3 (permalink)

Platinum Trophy

Retribution

Vengeance Complete
Beat the game - This can't be missed unless you don't ever beat the game.

Essentially, all you have to do is beat the game and this will be received.

Unhuman
Beat Titan Mode - This can't be missed unless you never play Titan (hard) mode.

Beat the game on Titan and this sweet gold trophy is yours.

To make this easier on yourself, play on Spartan (easy) or God (normal) so you know where everything is. Also make use of to block and counter via the Golden Fleece. also make sure you evade with the .

My suggestion for upgrades are as follows: Fully upgrade the Blades of Exile, then fully upgrade the Namean Cestus... after that it doesn't matter since those two are really the only ones you'll be using throughout this playthrough.

There is a section near the end of the game on Titan that is just a pain for most people. ilikemonkeys made a video just for us that will help you if you are stuck here too.

Hit Man
Perform a 1000-hit combo - This trophy is missable.

This guide is credited to ilikemonkeys.

Essentially it's right after you enter the Pit of Tartarus. You want to go down the walkway a little bit to get as many enemies as possible then run back towards the save point. There's an invisible wall and you want to press and , and just keep doing that until you get over 1000 hits.

Remember, do not level the Claws of Hades up past level 2.

For this, do not upgrade the Claws of Hades at all.

If you're not playing on easy, die a few times and then switch to easy. Remember to have a save containing your real difficulty level at hand so this won't affect anything.

Rip One!
Rip apart 1 Olympus Sentry - This trophy is missable.

Olympus Sentries are the most appearing enemy in the game. They are the regular cannon fodder. Grab them with and then press to rip them apart. If you're not ripping them apart with then it's the wrong enemy. There are multiple versions of the Olympus Sentry.

Nice Tan
Blind 100 enemies with the Head of Helios - This trophy is missable.

When you receive the Head of Helios, simply bring it out and hold to charge it up. Enemies that are blinded will show an animation of them being unable to do anything. They're usually lit up with a light when they are blinded too. Simply do this to 100 different enemies, and the trophy is yours.

For a good place to do this trophy, see 'Obedience School'.

It's getting hot in here...
Burn 100 enemies with the Bow of Apollo - This trophy is missable.

Take out the Bow of Apollo and hold until it's charged up. Let it fly to an enemy which should set this enemy (and possibly other enemies) on fire. Do this to 100 different enemies and the trophy is yours.

For a good place to do this trophy, see 'Obedience School'.

Also another spot found is the Hades' hand room ('Mr. Hand' trophy) that can be used for about 3/4ths of the kills here. Not all of them are able to be killed but you can get a bunch of them here.

Obedience School
Deliver 50 kicks to Hounds - This trophy is missable.

Whenever you see the small dogs, just grab them with and you will kick them. Do this to 50 different enemies until the trophy pops and voila, trophy.

There's a room in Poseidon's chamber that will spawn an infinite amount of dogs to kill. The reason they're infinite is because you want to put them through a portal to drop a metal landing. Simply don't do this and just kick/blind/burn the dogs until you get the trophy corresponding to what you're doing.

Souled Out
Summon every Soul with the Claws of Hades - This trophy is missable.

You must max our your Claws of Hades and then spawn every soul it has. To switch souls, go to and then to select the soul. When you're out of that menu, simple press and the soul will be released. Repeat this until you summon all of the souls.

Bloody Hell
Cover Kratos in 500 buckets of blood by killing the enemies - If you somehow miss this trophy, I don't know what to say.

You essentially get this by just playing through the game. Every time you kill an enemy, certain amount of blood pops out. Just keep killing enemies and you'll get this. Performing brutal kills helps in the process.

No Guts, No Glory
Gut 3 Centaur Generals - This trophy is missable, but very hard to miss.

You come across 3 Centaur Generals throughout the entire game. You'll want to get them so they have the above their head and then perform the QTE to kill them. This will put their guts on the floor. Do this to all 3 Centaur Generals.

This should unlock in the Caverns.

Last edited by Vyrastas; 01-07-2011 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Added site trophy tiles
Old 03-19-2010, 06:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

Hitting Your Stride
Upgrade any weapon to the next level - This trophy is missable, but very hard to miss.

This trophy is easily gotten by just upgrading one weapon. If you don't upgrade any weapons, however, you will miss this.

Maxed Out!
Completely upgrade all weapons - This trophy is missable.

You'll need to get as many red orbs as you can and completely upgrade each weapon and item. Weapons have 4 upgrades and items have 1 upgrade.

Or you can glitch it. If you've already beaten the game and the Challenge of Olympus you'll be able to use the combat arena. If you go into the combat arena with no-infinite health, anything but easy, and a few enemies that are supposed to attack you... die a few times. You'll receive a message asking if you want to switch to easy, select no. It'll bring you out to the main menu and give you the 'Maxed Out' trophy. Props to The_White_Fang for finding this glitch.

Eye Candy
Collect all of the Gorgon Eyes - This trophy is missable, but you have many chances to not miss it.

Simply get 12 Gorgon Eyes and you will have a max health bar and this trophy.

If you feel like you've missed them, don't fret - there's more chests. If you've missed 4 or 5, you may have a problem though.

See 'Priceless' for link to a guide.

Feather Plucker
Collect all of the Phoenix Feathers - This trophy is missable, but you have many chances to not miss it.

Simply get 12 Phoenix Feathers and you will have a max mana bar and this trophy.

If you feel like you've missed them, don't fret - there's more chests. If you've missed 4 or 5, you may have a problem though.

Are You Horny to Win?
Collect all of the Minotaur Horns - This trophy is missable, but you have many chances to not miss it.

Simply get 12 Minotaur Horns and you will have a max item bar and this trophy.

Priceless
Collect all of the 'Godly Possessions' - This trophy is missable, but you the possessions carry over through save files.

Simply get all of the godly possessions and this trophy. You don't need to get all of these in one playthrough. They can also be spread out over save files.

Here's a written guide for the collectibles: God of War III Guide/Walkthrough - Collectibles

Up to the Challenge
Beat the Challenge of Olympus - This trophy unlocks once you beat all the challenges.

Beat all of the challenges.

If you prefer reading instead of watching videos (I personally think the videos are all you need) then here's F8L Fool's guide: Challenge of Olympus Guide

1. Population Control

2. Bare Hands

3. Get Stoned

4. El Matador - Ole'

5. Knockout

6. Hades' Kids

7. Simply Smashing

King of the Hill
Unlock All Other Trophies - This is the one you want.

Receive this juicy platinum by getting all other trophies in the game.

Miscellaneous trophies have seen editing/changing by F8L Fool.
Unless otherwise noted above the videos, videos have been made by PowerPyx.

If anyone sees anything wrong with this guide or would like me to add something, just message me and I will.

Last edited by Vyrastas; 01-07-2011 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Added site trophy tiles
Old 03-19-2010, 06:18 AM   #5 (permalink)

What's the point of the spoiler tags if you already clearly see what happens in the trophy description? Just asking.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:21 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2day View Post
What's the point of the spoiler tags if you already clearly see what happens in the trophy description? Just asking.
Most trophy guides I've looked at that have secret/hidden trophies don't put spoilers on the description. If this is really a huge problem, I can remedy the situation.

Old 03-19-2010, 06:24 AM   #7 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze   2,500 Posts   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

I know my guide wasn't perfect and missed things but I still worked hard on it and found all the challenges videos and hit man video, so a little credit might be nice. but nice guide ten times better than what I will ever do

Every film I ever watched:
http://letterboxd.com/dda1996a/
Credit goes to blackfalc0n for this awesome signature!
Old 03-19-2010, 06:26 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda1996a View Post
I know my guide wasn't perfect and missed things but I still worked hard on it and found all the challenges videos and hit man video, so a little credit might be nice. but nice guide ten times better than what I will ever do
Actually, I got all those videos from other threads... And the credit was given to those that made the thread that I found them on...

Old 03-19-2010, 06:37 AM   #9 (permalink)

about the ladies man trophy.. if you dont succeed the first try and you left her.. you wont see any on top of her but dont worry.. the later part of the game will allow you to play the minigame again..
Old 03-19-2010, 07:20 AM   #10 (permalink)

Mr2day, I changed it so it works for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualdeath View Post
about the ladies man trophy.. if you dont succeed the first try and you left her.. you wont see any on top of her but dont worry.. the later part of the game will allow you to play the minigame again..
I added a portion like this to the Ladies Man description. Do we know if you fail a second time if you're able to do it a 3rd?

Closed Thread