I give up!

TheRealClayman

As much as I hate to admit it. I know this will sit with me for awhile at how disappointing it is. I have beaten World at War on Veteran and acquired every possible trophy that game has to offer, I shot Wesker a certain number of times and beat Jill on professional and made them both cry and I have made Weapon Eleven my bitch on the hardest level.

But I have encountered my hardest challenge yet and cannot for the life of me get passed it. I have maxed this and spammed that and whatever and I cannot beat Challenge of the Titans level 6. I have tried countless times. It is the last trophy I need for platinum. So I bow to you level 6. Never before have I stopped trying, but you have broken me. On to bigger and better things I suppose. To all of you with this platinum, I salute you.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for 6...

just slow down time, spam chronos' rage, and move the translator every now and then

this one takes a while, but its not to challenging(P)

6 is not the translator, the translator is 3. 6 is the one where you keep fighting until the onslaught is over where enemies just keep coming in groups.

Yeah, #6 is the one where your health is dropping slowly (plus quickly if you're getting hit). Watch the videos in the trophy guide. They help a lot. Once you get past the first wave, the hardest part is over because after that, the minotaurs keep spawning and you can get some health back. Before that, use a lot of Chronos Rage because most of the enemies at the beginning give magic back so the chance of running out (unless you're going really crazy with the magic) is pretty slim.

#6 was a bit of a pain but I found the translator challenge and the last challenge (don't get hit) much harder.

D

6 is not the translator, the translator is 3. 6 is the one where you keep fighting until the onslaught is over where enemies just keep coming in groups.

Nope, the translator was #4. 3 was the stone 25 enemies.

I found #2, the air kill challenge, quite difficult, but definitely #4, protect the translator, was my torment.

For #6, I actually managed to get it first time. A few tips to help...

I mostly used the blades not the Olympus sword. I used Atlas' quake more than Chronos' rage, but both are handy.

The key to this one was patience. There's not a lot of high damage enemies, and you don't lose health that quickly. The high risk enemies are the green spell casters as they can summon some big nasties. I went after them by grabbing them, first 2 grabs throws them in the air, 3rd is a kill. After each grab I hit Atlas' quake.

2 full Atlas quake hits will take the Minotaurs to the quick kill animation, and they give health back. The summoners give magic.

The only other beasts where those ghost things. They can be dispatched with Chronos' rage, or grab with O, and then spam L1+O in the air. I think they give a bit of health and magic.

Again, we all have our own styles, but this one was easier for me than #4 (until I changed from the blades to the Olympus Sword once I could level it up a bit). #7 was also not too bad.

Don't give up, the end is in sight :cool:

i still cant get passed 2

i found the challenges on gow 1 easier

EDIT: i am now also stuck on 6

how come in the youtube video on the road map thread the guy has more powerful weapons

his sword seems to kill enemies in a couple of 3 hit combos

wheres it takes me twice as long with the same combo

also he has blue light which shoots off the end of his sword EVERY strike

i can only get this blue "laser" when i hold down L1 and triangle

and it is just a one hit, his is a full combo

somethings not right

Edited by chicken_sniffer

If you beat the Challenge of the Gods, you should definitely be able to do this one. I had hardly any problems with any of these challenges. I don't think I died on challenge 6 at all. If you just keep attacking and dodging, you should get it. Challenge of the Gods 8 (which is the same thing, just without the HP draining), on the other hand, took me over an hour. For some reason I'd actually start to have trouble once I killed all of the Undead Soldiers and only the Gorgons were left.

i still cant get passed 2

i found the challenges on gow 1 easier

EDIT: i am now also stuck on 6

how come in the youtube video on the road map thread the guy has more powerful weapons

his sword seems to kill enemies in a couple of 3 hit combos

wheres it takes me twice as long with the same combo

also he has blue light which shoots off the end of his sword EVERY strike

i can only get this blue "laser" when i hold down L1 and triangle

and it is just a one hit, his is a full combo

somethings not right

I assume this is the Sword of Olympus? Remember that once you beat the game, you can upgrade that sword in bonus play or in CotT mode. I could only get it to level out of 3, but assume that at level 3 it probably has the laser with every strike.

I would concur with the poster above, GOWI, esp the endless Medusa battle was a complete pain. By far the hardest here was challenge 4, with challenge 2 next for me at least. I posted my tips for 6 earlier, and maybe just got lucky but found both 6 and 7 easier than the early ones.

Are there particular enemies in 6 giving you problems? Are you alternating between magic and attack kills? Take your time, the health drain is really slow and shouldn't be a factor if you rotate your kills.

yeah funilly enough i worked out that you could upgrade the sword in bonus play a few minutes after writting that

i did challenge 6 on my 3rd or 4th attempt

i used lots of chronos rage and then used circle alot to "Throw" the enemie as i noticed they give u lots of blue orbs if you kill them this way

so u can just keep using more chronos

try it that way

was a doddle for me

challenge 7 on the other hand i have been stuck on for 2 and a half hours

this is the longest i have been stuck on any challenge out of these 2 games

• 2 weeks later...
nice one

have you done challenge 7 aswell then?

i found that much harder than 6

Yep, I did it in under a minute. lol Pretty sad that 6 was on the verge of preventing a platinum. But now I have it and it felt good! Probably the second most exciting platinum i have earned!