500 hits combo

TheNukes

When you get Chronos Rage, that's the best place and easiest one in my opinion to do it. Just stick close to one side of the small room and spam the magic (you have infinite magic in there), you can easily get to 800 in there. When I did it I got to 612 quite easily, lost the combo because I didn't activate it quickly enough after it faded.

The only glitch I was aware of, I don't remember it, but you can easily find it on the internet I guess. All I remember is that it was bothersome, extremely long and so it wasn't worth the waste of time when you have a new game+ after completing it (if I remember correctly).

EDIT: Just found a vid showing that glitch with details on it in the description, but it's worth trying to search more, there might be new ones

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ctpAmxXMvI]GoW2 Infinite Red Orbs[/ame]

Edited by FetusZero

Which power is it in GoW 2 that acts like a bow and arrow?

Anyway, which ever one it is, shortly after you get that power, there is an area at the bottom of a ramp right after the large statue where there are guys spawning out of a small pool. The spawn constantly until you approach them. If you stand at the bottom of the ramp on the other side of the screen from where they are spawning, you can stand there and shoot them with your bow constantly racking up red orbs and combo points. You have unlimited magic because you just got the power. It's time consuming but it works.

D

Which power is it in GoW 2 that acts like a bow and arrow?

Anyway, which ever one it is, shortly after you get that power, there is an area at the bottom of a ramp right after the large statue where there are guys spawning out of a small pool. The spawn constantly until you approach them. If you stand at the bottom of the ramp on the other side of the screen from where they are spawning, you can stand there and shoot them with your bow constantly racking up red orbs and combo points. You have unlimited magic because you just got the power. It's time consuming but it works.

D

I've done a bit of reading to remind myself exactly how this works.

It's right after you get Typhon's Bane in Typhon's Cavernous Prison.

Right after you get it, there are a bunch of enemies and a force-field. Beat those dudes and move on. Follow the walkway to find a fire with four chests frozen in ice.

Go back up the walkway a little bit, away from the fire. The Fates Sentries will keep their distance (due to a limitation in their AI). Keep :l2: pressed down, and tap :square: to kill a Fates Sentry. Do NOT let go of :l2: -- as long as it's pressed down, the combo counter will not reset. So, hold :l2:, and repeatedly tap :square:, switch enemies with the right analog stick, tap :square: and repeat. If the Fates Sentries lose interest, keep pressing :l2:, stafe closer to the fire, then strafe backwards as they close in to attack and resume killing, switching targets, etc.

It does take some time but I remember that when I played this game on the PS2, I gave up after 1000 hits which took me 20-30 minutes. And I remember that that gave me enough red orbs for me to fully upgrade my blades by one level.

D

Just did it today on my first try. This should be the very first trophy you get.

1) Start New Game

2) Select Difficulty Level Hard so enemies can withstand more hits

3) In the very first encounter of the game (level 1) spam Poseidon's Rage and be sure to tap O to increase hit count

4) When magic runs out at around 400 some odd hits, use spin attack by holding L1 and I think Square button until the trophy pops.

Edited by lowerclassbrats

• 3 weeks later...
Easy.

First playable part of the game. Hit a couple of guys with your Athena Blades then spam Poseidon's Rage until you get a 500+ hit combo. That's how I did it, and it's REALLY easy to do.

Yep, that is exactly how I did it too. It was the first trophy I unlocked.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't get this til much later in the game. I don't remember which area it was in exactly, but it was in the level where there are two spiked walls closing in on you and you have to kill a bunch of grunts to make it stop. Just started spamming Kronos Rage and I had a 700 hit combo in no time. I got it later on in some of the challenge rooms as well. Definitely not as challenging as it appeared at first glance, just had to wait for the right battle to string it together.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I've done a bit of reading to remind myself exactly how this works.

It's right after you get Typhon's Bane in Typhon's Cavernous Prison.

Right after you get it, there are a bunch of enemies and a force-field. Beat those dudes and move on. Follow the walkway to find a fire with four chests frozen in ice.

Go back up the walkway a little bit, away from the fire. The Fates Sentries will keep their distance (due to a limitation in their AI). Keep :l2: pressed down, and tap :square: to kill a Fates Sentry. Do NOT let go of :l2: -- as long as it's pressed down, the combo counter will not reset. So, hold :l2:, and repeatedly tap :square:, switch enemies with the right analog stick, tap :square: and repeat. If the Fates Sentries lose interest, keep pressing :l2:, stafe closer to the fire, then strafe backwards as they close in to attack and resume killing, switching targets, etc.

It does take some time but I remember that when I played this game on the PS2, I gave up after 1000 hits which took me 20-30 minutes. And I remember that that gave me enough red orbs for me to fully upgrade my blades by one level.

D

Is this changed in the PS3 version? I just got the Bane, walked to the bottom of the ramp and started shooting the guys, but I didn't get unlimited magic (and thus only got about 20 shots before I ran out). Did I do something wrong or has this been changed in the new version?

thanks

Nevermind. The mistake I made was jumping across the grapple things and then jumping back once I realized I had gone the wrong way. Let that be a lesson...if you jump across, you lose the infinite magic. Of course that's probably posted somewhere that I didn't see...

Edited by WIRedSoxFan
I'm an idiot

When you get Chronos Rage, that's the best place and easiest one in my opinion to do it. Just stick close to one side of the small room and spam the magic (you have infinite magic in there), you can easily get to 800 in there. When I did it I got to 612 quite easily, lost the combo because I didn't activate it quickly enough after it faded.

thats where i did mine without even knowing it...it's when u get the chronos rage as said (on the back of the horses)

am i the only one who kept pressing R2 to open gates/chests after switching from GOW1? took me half an hour to get adjusted to using R1. xD

LOL

Yes, me too.

Just platted GoW1 and was so used to R2 for opening and Dashing (right stick + R1) that i kept fucking up on time crucial events. :)

And got the 500 Hits Trophy too in the Chronos Room.