challenge of the gods

phantom_1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well patience is something i dont have and for 1 trophy that only people on my friends list will be able to see is not worth my time.

Unfortunately patience is required for most platinum trophies. And agreed, very pointless thread. There are plenty of people who are able to obtain platinum for this game.

but a post about not getting the tropies on a site where many people have earnt them is?

I guess it comes down to the gamer everyone one getting the FFXIII plat is spending 30+ hours for one trophy, i expect to get the (P) on GOW in under 15 at my currnet rate

My guess is, that you struggle with Challenge 10 ...

Just keep trying it.

Its more a matter of luck than of skill imho.

I agree. I just finished those challenges today, and I had to restart challenge 10 at least 20 times. I even saved the Rage of the Gods for this challenge, which didn't actually help much.

But yeah, this thread is pretty useless, if you've given up already. But I do get where you're coming from. I almost rage quit myself, but had to remind myself that I'd had to start all over to reach challenge 10 if I did that, in which case I probably would've broken the controller.

at challenge 10 you just need to spam L1 + X and try to hit the satyrs with the uppercut when on the ground, and the last hit when in the air so they'll bounce and you can easily hit them of the platform, but you will still need multiple attempts.

Here is how I helped my friend get his trophy for completing these. I was lucky enough to do it myself, but he was really struggling.

1. Buy beer.

2. Get a buddy.

3. Switch back and forth and everytime you die, you must drink.

These challenges make for a fantastic drinking game. We almost thought we weren't going to be able to finish because by the end (challenge 10 particularly) we were getting a bit under from all the drinking we were doing.

However, having a friend their to do these with (the beer can be optional) makes this much easier, as long as you have a good sense of humor with all the failing you WILL do.

Here is how I helped my friend get his trophy for completing these. I was lucky enough to do it myself, but he was really struggling.

1. Buy beer.

2. Get a buddy.

These challenges make for a fantastic drinking game. We almost thought we weren't going to be able to finish because by the end (challenge 10 particularly) we were getting a bit under from all the drinking we were doing.

However, having a friend their to do these with (the beer can be optional) makes this much easier, as long as you have a good sense of humor with all the failing you WILL do.

Wow, so that actually worked? :p

Seriously, some of these challenges were such a pain, while others were easy, the hardest one by far was challenge 5 with the crossbow, it's all about timing, yet on the last one I missed by an inch, and hit a soldier, had to retry it atleast 20 times...

Everyone said challenge 7 and 8 was meant to be hard (7 is the "Hit them, dont get hit" thing, right?)

Challenge 7 I did in literally 6 seconds, I just double jumped to the middle, holding L1 + O in midair, and all the enemies except one fell off the level, including the minotaurs, so I just hit the last one with a Square Square Triangle combo...

Challenge 8 isn't exactly hard, moreso just long and tiresome, just wait for a crowd to gather, jump above them, and L1 + O, it lasts like 10 minutes, so can get boring, just make sure to NOT be in the air when the beams come, and roll around as much as possible, it's actually quite easy...

Now, Challenge 10, I was told was VERY fustrating due to the small platform, and apparently the best way is to L1 + X all the way up, in my opinion... BULL. SHIT.

Seriously, just keep jumping to the middle of the platform and L1 + O in midair, that kills all the mini cerberus' off, just ignore the Saytrs and stay away from them, it's easy, if they knock you to the edge, do a roll towards the middle and tap X at the end, it's great because you can potentially knock them both off at the same time with it, and then resume with the L1 + O until you get to the top, it's the safest way I found, as well as being very quick, and if you fall off the ledge, try to double jump back on, I never needed to, although they DID get me hanging a few times, but quickly tapping X and doing the roll + X worked wonders from there. Seriously, it took me like, under 2 minutes to get it to the top...

I was seriously thinking about quiting the challenges due to challenge 5 i would always get down to the last one and then kill a human must off re tried it about 30 times the only thing that keeping me going is that platinum.

I`d put off trying for this trophy for a while having heard how frustrating it can be.

Got it this morning, took just over 1 & 1/2 hours start to finish, the only one I really struggled with was No 10, took about 40mins to get a `lucky` run.

Luck is a large part of number 10.

People also say that the L1+O move is the best to use for many of the fights, which it is. However, for number 10, I also recommend using the roll+X move, which if you connect with a satyr will stagger and throw them into the air, then use L1+O, you'll knock them off. If you don't stagger them before you use L1+O, they typically block and, as we all know, like to throw you off the side.

1. Buy beer.

2. Get a buddy.

Huh, that's an interesting way of completing those challenges, lol.:p

Just beat this today in just under an hour and a half. Ironically level 2 gave me the most trouble (with the exception of 10) until I started spamming L1+O to knock the guys off the platform and keep the harpies off my ass.

Level 10 was not as frustrating as I expected after all I had read on here.

• 2 weeks later...

Level 10 - I just spammed L1+X and barely even aimed. Stay centered and adjust your direction while in mid air. Worked like a charm the first try.

(by spam i mean i never let go of L1 and hit X as fast as possible)

Do not use L1+O, i found that it delayed kratos on the ground after each attach too long. May work for others but it didnt for me.

Edited by TechStep