Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 02-26-2010, 06:52 PM   #1
PoorPaddy89

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Default Beaten God Mode?

Has anyone beaten the game on God mode? I wasn't going to bother since you don't get anything from it really apart from a bonus movie, but having beaten GoW II on Titan I thought I'd give it a shot anyway. I'm just inside the rings of Pandora and it's been pretty damn easy so far.

Currently Playing
Destiny (PS4) | inFamous: Second Son
PoorPaddy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 02:17 AM   #2
PoorPaddy89

That's a shame, looks like I'm the only genius to have done it

Currently Playing
Old 03-24-2010, 10:43 PM   #3
safi

I have done it twice.
First time completed it 5 years ago on ps2 and second time on ps3

Now trying to complete god of war 3 on chaos mode.

That cerberus with 2 Satyrs is damn hard.

safi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:50 PM   #4
FetusZero

Send a message via AIM to FetusZero Send a message via MSN to FetusZero

Did it back then on PS2, still have my save game on both my Memory Card and PS3. It's funny because I just started God mode in the collection this evening, my plan is to beat every God of War of the hardest difficulty now that I've finished God of War 3.

They might just be movies which you unlock, but at least there's something to be unlocked, unlike in GoW3 where I believe beating Chaos mode gives you absolutely nothing apart from personal satisfaction.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:49 AM   #5
Jachyrax

its probably cus i suck but man its so difficult. i started the god mode and i got hit by one of those zombie guys on the ship at the very beginning and it did like a third of my hp. i was like woowwwwww. and i turned it off and went to god of war 2 lmao.
Jachyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:01 AM   #6
PoorPaddy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jachyrax View Post
its probably cus i suck but man its so difficult. i started the god mode and i got hit by one of those zombie guys on the ship at the very beginning and it did like a third of my hp. i was like woowwwwww. and i turned it off and went to god of war 2 lmao.
I did the exactly the same at first. Then I discovered the power of the button. It's a saving grace.

Once you get into it God mode is pretty easy. Until you get to the last boss, then the difficulty just gets crazy.

Currently Playing
Old 04-02-2010, 11:26 PM   #7
Sergeant_Kozi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorPaddy89 View Post
I did the exactly the same at first. Then I discovered the power of the button. It's a saving grace.

Once you get into it God mode is pretty easy. Until you get to the last boss, then the difficulty just gets crazy.
I started my god mode play through yesterday. It was tough at first, but then i learned about the L1 button, so it got a lot easier!

Didn't really have any problems for the whole playthrough until the room right before Pandora's box (conveyor belts, giant steamrolling rocks, archers, and harpy's that don't do anything except kamikaze you over and over and over) Made it through after a while.

Got to Ares, and ho-ly crap did the difficulty surge forward. Even after you learn all his attack telegraphs he'd still catch me off guard every now and again. Beat his ass, and got to the most HORRIBLY DIFFICULT THING EVER.

When you have to protect your family from all the Evil Kratoses. It took me an hour and a half of constant retrying, and i finally got through! I finally beat them all. Just as Athena starts to narrate the transition to the final part phase of the Ares fight... my fucking PS3 freezes...

I sat there, completely speechless, staring at the frozen screen for ten minutes, crushing the controller i was still holding with my super angry death grip. *sigh* I'm sure i'll try again one of these days...
Sergeant_Kozi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 02:22 AM   #8
Billieve2008

i got to the part where you have fight all those kratos while tryin to save your family. I just couldnt beat that part. I know so close, kinda sucks
Billieve2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:46 PM   #9
Dreadnought190

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts

I've beaten this game on God mode once. Man that last boss fight was completely insane. I must've spent like 2 hours on that. You have to play perfectly to get through that! My bro beaten maybe 1/3 of the game, then I beat the rest But wow, was it rewarding beating it on that difficulty, but wow...just wow was it hard lol!! Plus I got to watch a neat little video
Old 04-05-2010, 12:28 AM   #10
JaySuthEFC

As this carries no reward its something I'll look to do in the summer when I have plenty of free time and not a huge backlog of games, would like to do it at some point though.