any tips on how to tap a button fast

Lucifer-Harvest

I brace my hand slightly sideways and mostly use my wrist. Doing this way I can hit the button about 8-10 times per second. (Unlike the world best who is about 20-ish).

I mostly blame Caveman Games. And if you're old enough to know what I'm talking about, then you get a gold cookie.

What I do, is set my right hand slightly facing down at the controller and when it comes to the button mashing part I alternate between my index and middle finger. There should be enough room for both fingers to barely fit on there. Also if you already know what button to press (I believe it's usually :square: but don't quote me lol) start mashing before it tells you to, this will eliminate the reaction time from your eyes to your hands.

Hope you understood and I also hope I helped. :)

Learn how to vibrate your hand, you'll be suprised at how easy button mashing games turn into.

Also, practice on your own with other games, play God Hand for the ps2, that will beat the button mashing skills into you.

Yep! The vibrating hand technique has been my trick since the PSOne. Makes any button mashing game seem pretty easy.

What i do is put my thumb and my index finger together and violently vibrate my hand and i goes hecka fast.

One question... what does this have to do with GoW? haha Shouldnt this be in the "games" section not GoW?

No because GOW's QTE arent really forgiving as the other ones.

• 2 weeks later...

My personal strategy is to use both thumbs. I position one thumb over each half of the button, and rapidly alternate between thumbs.

To get even faster then that, position your thumbs as I've described and hold them there. Then, quickly tilt the controller from side to side so that with each tilt, one thumb hits the button.

It works for me every time, so hopefully this will do the trick for you.

Are you a lefty or a righty? :think:

Us left handed people get screwed, since the buttons are on the right side we have to move our main hand to that side before starting the mash.

In fast paced games this can be a problem, I didn't find any mashing hard at all in this but in stuff like The Force Unleashed on sith master I can't do some of it.

I brace my hand slightly sideways and mostly use my wrist. Doing this way I can hit the button about 8-10 times per second. (Unlike the world best who is about 20-ish).

I mostly blame Caveman Games. And if you're old enough to know what I'm talking about, then you get a gold cookie.

Yup, I no what your talking about. Contra was fun hitting the nes contoller buttons. But when I got the NES MAX that was a whole differnt story.

• 2 weeks later...

Should i be put off the game because of button Mashing?

I havent played a god of war game, but recently played Dantes inferno and loved it, Some one suggested i get God of War, Ive seen this collection about and Would like to play from the first game. But the problem is i suck at Button tapping, I couldnt even do the Final button tapping co-op on resident evil 5, And also struggled with alot of other button mashing games... If i suck at button mashing should i bother getting this game? I like the look of it, But i would hate to get it and Get stuck straight away because i cant tap the button fast enough... So if it Impossible for people who suck at button mashing? Or a game only for the Pro fast button pressing guys?

the button mashing in God of War is not too extreme.. most of time you only need to mash one button at a time and for a short while.. wanna see some really intense button mashing try wwe legends of wrestlemania.. my fingers still hurt to the day from that game.. to answer the previous post i'm not good at button mashing either, but had no problem with this game.. my technique was to put controller on my thigh holding it with my left hand and mashing with my right index finger..