Challenge of the gods - #10

Live_Fr0m_Ny

This was the most frustrating thing i ever did in any game... you want a good strategy? heres what i did...

i played challenge #10 for about 2 hours. I finally made it to the top and got knocked onto the original platform & waited for the 2nd platform to lower. As frustrated as i was, i paused the game & just chilled for a second... :think: than i had an epiphany. i just wasted 2 hours of precious life trying to get a trophy.

From that point i basically just said fuck it, giving it ONE MORE TRY before i turn off the game for good never to be played again... i layed back in my seat, melancholy look on my face. i jumped onto the platform and begin to non-chalantly spam the same L1+X move, over and over with extreme precision... somehow i make it to the top, kufi smack the last satyr in my way and make it across!! i made it, yes i made it... but now what?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was the most frustrating thing i ever did in any game... you want a good strategy? heres what i did...

i played challenge #10 for about 2 hours. I finally made it to the top and got knocked onto the original platform & waited for the 2nd platform to lower. As frustrated as i was, i paused the game & just chilled for a second... :think: than i had an epiphany. i just wasted 2 hours of precious life trying to get a trophy.

From that point i basically just said fuck it, giving it ONE MORE TRY before i turn off the game for good never to be played again... i layed back in my seat, melancholy look on my face. i jumped onto the platform and begin to non-chalantly spam the same L1+X move, over and over with extreme precision... somehow i make it to the top, kufi smack the last satyr in my way and make it across!! i made it, yes i made it... but now what?

Congrats, but I've gotta ask.........

Why weren't you doing that in the first place? Every strategy guide I've read (including the official one) says thats the pattern to use.

i was doing that for 2 hours! the problem wit this challenge is that if you get hit you glide backward like you are on ice, and if you are on the edge of the platform you cant jump PAST the enemies, as there seems to be some sort of invisible barrier around them... i must have made it to the top 20-30 times only to have the 2 satyrs & cerberus puppies all attack me at once and knock me off the ledge. for some reason after i gave up i wasn't even trying and i did it... maybe i was trying too hard??? IDK

I used the blade of artemis (L1+R1). jump and hold L1 and triangle and the blade will be slammed to the ground. Everything in the blast radius gets tossed overboard. Worked much better for me than the current strategies that are all over the internet. L1 + X just didnt get the job done. Wasted a good hour trying that method....

Used the L1+X method and it worked pretty well. Took me about 10 tries or so, but the strategy was great. The only thing that ever killed me was them grabbing me on the end of their swords and throwing me off of the ledge. In addition to just using L1+X I mixed in some L1+O. This wont work to knock the Satyrs off UNLESS they are in the air. If you can get at least one of them in the air with L1+X then use L1+O (charged) to knock that Satyr and the dogs off the edge.

Overall I was a little dissapointed with the Challenge of the Gods. I was expecting some brutal task, but in the end it was way too easy. Completed all 10 of the challenges in well under an hour

Used the L1+X method and it worked pretty well. Took me about 10 tries or so, but the strategy was great. The only thing that ever killed me was them grabbing me on the end of their swords and throwing me off of the ledge. In addition to just using L1+X I mixed in some L1+O. This wont work to knock the Satyrs off UNLESS they are in the air. If you can get at least one of them in the air with L1+X then use L1+O (charged) to knock that Satyr and the dogs off the edge.

This is the exact strategy I used and it worked fine. Like cucci, it took about 10-15 tries for me, but I got it after disobeying the "Brady Guide tips" thread and incorporating the :l1:+:circle: combo in the mix.

Overall I was a little dissapointed with the Challenge of the Gods. I was expecting some brutal task, but in the end it was way too easy. Completed all 10 of the challenges in well under an hour

Nah, it took me a few hours, which is about where I'd like it to be for something I can't quit (have to play straight through). Also have to think that we (well, "I" anyway) had the assistance of the guide and various threads to help out. Doing it all 100% on my own would've added to it that much more.

I tried so many different strategys... i tried square, square, square+hold but i just got hit in the middle of the combo... using blades of artemis was taking too long, and left too much room for error... L1+O left me too vulnerable as it had no effect on the satyrs...

at the end of the day, it really all boils down to luck. the satyr's attacks are too much. they block 50% of attacks, stab you and toss you off, & once you get caught in it the long sweeping attack combos, off the ledge you go!

to make matters worse they seemed to like to stagger-start the long combo attack. meaning satyr #1 will do the combo and, in the middle satyr #2 will begin the same combo, which means your basically gunna get knocked off the ledge.

I just used might of hercules ( I think the one when you press square, square and the HOLD square) it does this massive sweep at the end of the combo. If you can get that in your first go, then everything should be OK, because the enemies are thrown back and have little chance to recover.

Then when it felt that they are beginning to pawn me, I turned on Rage of the Gods (Im not sure if this is the right term, been a while sorry) and let it rip from there.

• 1 year later...

By the gods u were right...:bounce:

I went to check my mail while taking a break from this infernal challenge...

naturally I came to the site to check for any helpful info...

n sure enough I found ur tread...

Firstly I tried the methods everyone else mentioned with no avail...

n then I went like 'screw this' mainly cuz it's past 3 in the morning...

so I tried ur method...

I placed my controller on my lap while holding it with my left hand n pressing :l1:

n then I prceded to smash :x: in the direction of the satyrs...

I can't believe it actually worked...:dance:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Challenge 10 is teeming with so much fake difficulty, it's not even funny. Like, if the challenge was actually difficult, then I wouldn't have a problems with it, when the normal game physics become broken just to make the challenge "harder", then it's no fun. There's no skill involved, just wasteful hours of luck.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm giving up this f***ing challenge, and this trophies, this game too...

Five months ago, tried for 4 hours that damn challenge and still those satyrs throwing kratos off. Yesterday i give another try... got stuck in challenge #8 for 2 hours and after that more 2 hours on challenge 10... I'm giving up

In GOW2 or GOW3 the challenges was trial and error, thinking and doing. And i could replay any challenge anytime without replaying the others... GOW1's challenges is a piece of bad joke with players... For a minute my desire was to broke every single piece of this game disc!!! (but in Brazil we pay very expensive for games, better not try that xD)

(PS: i got stuck in the last challenge for GOW2 for an hour and I gotcha finally!)

• 7 months later...

I am at the point of giving up too. Got through 1-9 in less than an hour, tried this for half hour, took a break to make dinner and then try to come back fresh.

Have tried everyone's suggestions, and they are all great, it is just that this is not about skill. I have been near the top and almost beat it but at that moment is when all of sudden they can block everything, but you can't block shit from them.

Also stupid how you can't defend against their hook & grab move.

EDIT - Well glad I didn't rage quit. Just got this done. Tried every damn method out there but finally L1 + X, sprinkled with L1 + O to get rid of pups got it done.

Edited by Paulie1313

i dont remember what i did, as it was around 5-6 hours to get through the last challange for me.. allt he others I blew through, aside from 2-3 that i died once or twice, and one that took around 10 tries.

That last one sucked! sooo many times i was lke right there, then..... AAAAACK!

~L~

• 10 months later...
Took about 4-5 tries for me, but all I did was wait for them to attack, parry, then press SQUARE. Kratos does an attack that basically clears the entire platform, and you can parry off anyone (even the little pups).

Nonetheless, congrats!

I know this post is really old, but seriously man, seriously, you should be the one writing strategies for the guides...damn, after half-hour trying the L1+X strategy only to see my ass kicked a dozen times... i tried what you said and beat it at first time, so easy..

just keep pressing L1 non-stop until someone attack, and once I saw that little parry animation Kratos does, pressed [ ] , and back to spamming L1 again....made it in a breezy...

Edited by Karlsen

• 1 month later...

I used the parry strategy. Not sure if you are familiar with it. But I stodd in the center spamming L1. Whenever an enemy hit me I would press sqare during the slow motion animation of the parry. Krato's then unleashes a counter attack where he swipes his blades in a big circular pattern knocking everything(or sometimes all but one)of the platform. It takes praactice to get this method down and not launch into Cyclone of Chaos by pressing L1+Square. But once you get it down you'll be able to do it over and over again. L1+X didn't cut it for me either and it was incredibly frustrating when trying that method. Try the spamming L1, parry then counter attack with Square and you'll be convinced there is no method more viable.

This last challenge was horrible, it took me about 3hrs. I tried the parry thing and it just wouldnt work for me so did the R1-x n while in the air spamm the triangle to get the dogs away. After about 10 tries of this i finally got close to where i could jump and get to the ledge of the platform n finally got to safety