So is there an update for trophy glitch?

williebrillie666

A few months back I was really happy I could earn all trophies again on Vita. Untill I came in the temple of Pandora and realized my trophies were glitched out from that point onward. Nothing seemed to fix it. Only starting a new game would maybe fix it. But I didn't want to at that point. Now I've redoawnloaded the collection from my download list but I just wonder, did they finally have a patch for this glitch. If not, the chance is 100% I just throw these games of my Vita again. Just ain't gonna play them if there is a high probability my trophies will glitch out again.

So anyone, has there been a patch in the months I haven't played this game?

Many thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just avoid pressing the home button while playing. That's what causing the glitch to happen.

Always have a save back up prior some events that will give you trophies. In my current run the glitch happened to me, some trophies I could get back to ding by quiting and reloading. But some of them I couldn't so I hope during my speed run they'll pop

• 1 month later...
Never press the home button or let the Vita go into standby. Save the game and exit going to the Title Screen before closing the game and you'll be fine.

I played on PS TV and had no issues because it never goes into standby and you have to go out of your way to go to the home page.

This is good to know. I recently picked up the this collection for Vita and will be starting it shortly. Thanks for the advice!

• 4 months later...
I just wasted an hour of playing, trophies stopped popping after the the first two and now I have to start all over again..

Yeah I heard things about the trophies in this game but I was extra certain to save, exit and go to the main menu then close the application... Guess not.:(

Did you happen to use any other apps on the vita at all while you were playing? For GoW I would let my vita go into standby and left it that way until I was ready to play again but never completely closed the app. Then for GoWII I would save and close out the app completely but neither game glitched on me. I ended up reading that it didn't matter what you did as long as you didn't use any other apps while playing which would make sense in my case but if it glitches on people that don't open anything else it may just be random.

Edited by Shanehi185

Did you happen to use any other apps on the vita at all while you were playing? For GoW I would let my vita go into standby and left it that way until I was ready to play again but never completely closed the app. Then for GoWII I would save and close out the app completely but neither game glitched on me. I ended up reading that it didn't matter what you did as long as you didn't use any other apps while playing which would make sense in my case but if it glitches on people that don't open anything else it may just be random.

I had nothing running in the background, nothing started and put my sleep mode to off and when I closed the application, I save, quit and closed it one the "New Game" home menu screen.

Two hours later I opened it, nothing popped for an hour or two.

Some days later I tried to get trophies again, the death one popped immediately so thought it was fixed, played to the Minotaur but that one did not pop for me.

I said fuck it for some days, got back to it yesterday and did a 100% playthrough, speedrun, challenge of the gods in one sitting. took me Over 18 hours and now I'm feeling sick, hands hurt and I'm annoyed on how bad this port is.

I swear the trophy lock out is random, you don't have to do anything for it to break, it just happens of it's own. Best way to play this is to Never shut it down or go into sleep mode. Ever. Good Grief! :(

• 1 month later...
Never press the home button or let the Vita go into standby. Save the game and exit going to the Title Screen before closing the game and you'll be fine.

I played on PS TV and had no issues because it never goes into standby and you have to go out of your way to go to the home page.

This is working for me so far.

I'm late to the party, I held off for a fix/patch so only bit the bullet recently. I've only just started but would echo the points about them not popping in one session/sitting.

Just avoid pressing the home button while playing. That's what causing the glitch to happen.

Always have a save back up prior some events that will give you trophies. In my current run the glitch happened to me, some trophies I could get back to ding by quiting and reloading. But some of them I couldn't so I hope during my speed run they'll pop

This ^^. We didn't have glitchy trophy. Avoid the home button.

• 1 year later...

The home button may be a problem for some, but it's not the whole story. I always quit games back to the main menu and then exit. Of the first 5 trophies 3 glitched and didn't pop, and that include an 'unmissable' story trophy. In each case I had to reboot the Vita, reload an old save and replay that section to get the trophy to pop.

I would advise anyone playing this game for trophies to know exactly where each trophy is supposed to pop and make sure you have a save before that point. In all likelyhood your going to end up rebooting, restarting the game, and replaying sections. The game has been playing pretty good so far, but the trophies are a disaster.