This PS Vita port is a f....n joke!

Skyf

so i finished GOW 2 with a lot of troubles with trophies, but the GOW1 man this game is an absolute mess, the trophies just dont work, im at the sirens i kill them 5 times , try reinstall, shut off, turn off wifi , everything i can still nothing, also the framerate drops in GOW 1 are a joke, this is the worst port i ever played and im glad i didn buy a ps3 or ps4, i mean how can sony expect that people support them if they cant even make a decent port and fix some trophies,also a lot of people having issue and i dont see any stetment from sony or apologize, they care only about profit, i m really angry!

Edited by Xander45

Well, first of all, God of War -as a series- are just fine, so saying the GAME is a joke.. Nah.. I'm guessing you have the PS Vita version which just came out. The Vita ports are generally not that great and you should wait for a patch fixing both fps drop and trophies. Be patient, they're not perfect but I don't think they'll just let it be that way.

be patient???when i bought in easter sale all star battle royal i and a loooot of people cant install the game , it taked 4 weeks to sony to even make the game run, this problem is gonna be takin care at minimum in two months, you gonna see, sony doesnt care about customers only about money , dude wake up:)

i learn from that deal i made that i never gonna buy a thing from sony, i get gow collection for free cause i had it when i had 2 years ago ps3 and got ps plus so i get games for free but im not gonna give sony a cent:) they dont deserve it for this customer treatment:)

Edited by Skyf

so i finished GOW 2 with a lot of troubles with trophies, but the GOW1 man this game is an absolute mess, the trophies just dont work, im at the sirens i kill them 5 times , try reinstall, shut off, turn off wifi , everything i can still nothing, also the framerate drops in GOW 1 are a joke, this is the worst port i ever played and im glad i didn buy a ps3 or ps4, i mean how can sony expect that people support them if they cant even make a decent port and fix some trophies,also a lot of people having issue and i dont see any stetment from sony or apologize, they care only about profit, i m really angry!

Are you sure you killed ALL sirens? Even the ones after the desert?

be patient???when i bought in easter sale all star battle royal i and a loooot of people cant install the game , it taked 4 weeks to sony to even make the game run, this problem is gonna be takin care at minimum in two months, you gonna see, sony doesnt care about customers only about money , dude wake up:)

i learn from that deal i made that i never gonna buy a thing from sony, i get gow collection for free cause i had it when i had 2 years ago ps3 and got ps plus so i get games for free but im not gonna give sony a cent:) they dont deserve it for this customer treatment:)

Are you sure you killed ALL sirens? Even the ones after the desert?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think that sony is going to fix this GoW Collection. They are pointing people over this direction anyways hahaha. The actions in this game is terrible, frame rates drop, random slow mo motions while timer continue to count down, grabs don't work, Kratos doesn't switch between different animations at the right time, etc. However, I think that it is just this port. I played it fine on PS3 and everything. This game just makes me kinda iffy for the next set of collections. I thought I would get a deal for buying a collection (I thought it was 3 for 1 kinda deal, but 2 for 1 is okay). I hope that sly cooper is different...

• 2 months later...
Unfortunately the Vita port is kinda broken. It is a shame because some of the Vita ports are fantastic and some are broken. This is due to the studios. The one porting the GOW wasn't the best option really.

What part are you referring to? I thought that the port was actually alright. No huge issues on my end...

You have to kill all the Sirens. Not just those 3 in the desert where you open the door. You progress forward till you arrive to a BIG horn and there will be another 3 Sirens which will respawn 3 times( i think ) whe you kill her. So 3 x 3 = 9 and the first 3 in the desert = 12 Sirens. Hope this help you out.

Not a great port, but not nearly as unplayable as I was led to believe. Touch controls were iffy as I keep hitting save points and swapping out for Blades of Artemis by accident.

Game honestly looks and plays better than the PSP games, if only just a bit (a testament to just how good Ready at Dawn's PSP games were). These are as good as the PS2 versions, but with widescreen, though a drop in overall framerate.

Audio and cutscene compression is to be expected because Sony (and Nintendo) insist on pushing these tiny 4GB carts.

As for the trophies glitching, I did the thing where I loaded up the game, then opened up the Trophy app, pushed manual sync, and went back into the game. No glitches for me except for the nyads not giving me anything the first time around. Had Wi-Fi on and disabled power saving mode.

It's also my first time playing GoW, so no nostalgia or PS3 remasters to compare to. Very enjoyable game, and I'm sorry I slagged Sanzaru off so much (still, fuck Sly 4).

• 2 years later...