Challenge of the Gods, Level 10 - Easiest Method

ritmomundo

I posted this in another thread, but I've gotten a few PMs telling me that this method worked really well for them, so thought I'd make a new thread and put it up front and center for everyone.

I started out using the L1 + X move like everyone says, but after an hour and half of no luck, I gave up and started trying random other things. This is what I found (and the best part is NO BUTTON MASHING):

The BEST move in my opinion is switching to the Blades of Artemis (:l1: + :r1:), and then HOLDING DOWN :l1: + :triangle: (Other people here recommend double jumping first and then pushing L1 + triangle, which is a different move). If you do this, you end up jumping into the air with any enemies that are close to you (in a similar fashion to the L1 + X move mentioned in the guide, but without spamming buttons and its faster so less chance of getting hit).

If no enemies end up in the air, just keep holding :l1: + :triangle:, and you'll automatically land and then jump up again (no need to spam buttons). If an enemy comes up with you in your jump, keep holding :l1:, and push :square: a couple times and the enemy will fly off the stage. Then after you land back on the ground, hold down :l1: + :triangle: again. Basically, you never let go of :l1:.

Doing this method (holding :l1: + :triangle:), I found that I was rarely ever being hit by satyrs or the dogs, it was MUCH easier to stay toward the center of the platform, and I ended up beating the challenge on my 3rd try.

Edited by ritmomundo
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I beat the last challenge on the first attempt using the following method.

*blades are completely upgraded*

Once jumping on the platform use the right stick and roll towards an enemy and press :x: while rolling. This will launch you and an enemy in the air. Press :l1: + :x: while in the air when you land repeat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I beat the last challenge on the first attempt using the following method.

*blades are completely upgraded*

Once jumping on the platform use the right stick and roll towards an enemy and press :x: while rolling. This will launch you and an enemy in the air. Press :l1: + :x: while in the air when you land repeat.

OMG I LOVE YOU!!!

Rolling into them + X makes a world of difference.

• 3 weeks later...
OMG I LOVE YOU!!!

Rolling into them + X makes a world of difference.

This made a huge difference! After 5 hrs trying this extremely frustrating challenge, i got it. I stuck to L1 + X and whenever i was caught too close to the edge i'd roll and press X. since Kratos goes in the air right after it, i just did L1 + X again. All i gotta add is i slept nicely last night

This made a huge difference! After 5 hrs trying this extremely frustrating challenge, i got it. I stuck to L1 + X and whenever i was caught too close to the edge i'd roll and press X. since Kratos goes in the air right after it, i just did L1 + X again. All i gotta add is i slept nicely last night

Did you try the L1 + :triangle: with the Blades of Artemis, from my first post? Its seriously way easier than L1 + X.

• 2 months later...

I got the trophy 2 days ago and I tried all methods described in this thread. The :l1: + :triangle: left me too open for enemy attacks after landing on the ground.

What worked for best was a combination of 2 tactics:

First I would jump on the right side of the platform, and start with a :square: hold :square: to knock the enemies off. The platform raises quickly for as long as this goes well..at some point the satyrs would block these attacks and at that point I would switch to spamming the :l1: + :cross: combo.

Using this tactic I got it in a few tries, the hardest part is getting off the first :square: hold :square: combo.

Hope this helps for others.

Nobody's suggestions would work for me until I found this comment on a YouTube video:

Macktastic7 3 months ago

I just beat it, the easiest way I found was this: use appolo's ascension (L1+X) to launch the satyrs, always try to get at least one of them in the air (don't attempt to launch one that is sitting on its staff for it will be immune at the time, then use appolo's offensive (L1+X in air) followed by lance of the furies (L1+O in air) both moves are great for throwing launched satyrs off the edge so performing one after the other insures they will fall, if you manage to launch only dogs use L1+X x2

Despite what they said, I found that a satyr sitting on its staff was a sitting duck -- they are easy to launch or even better, if they happen to be sitting near the edge of the platform, they can sometimes even be knocked straight off the side via LoF. LoF will also rid you of downed enemies, even if they're not actually still airborne.

This strategy was what worked for me though. I always tried to go for the newest satyr before they had a chance to do any Mace Windu shit. If I allowed any to remain for much longer, I would usually get them when they sat on their staff. Once I got close to the top, it seemed like the satyrs were spawning much slower as I was taking them out individually and having to wait slightly for the next to appear.

I think the most important thing though is to make sure every AA hits at least one satyr otherwise they get the chance to get aggressive and it breaks your momentum. If you can direct each one of your attacks towards them right as they spawn, this makes the challenge simple. Should you miss any of your AAs, you must never perform a LoF as this leaves you totally vulnerable. Apart from that, just try to remain near the centre of the platform.

Oh and by the way, I always forgot to use Rage of the Gods, so maybe it would have been slightly easier with that.

Overall, while #10 does have a fuckton of bullshit attached to it, I still hated #8 the most.

Everyone keeps saying L1 + X is the best method, so I tried the challenges again, and it's not. I tried it 15 times, no luck with L1 + X. Then I did the method I outlined in my original post, and I completed it on that first try. No rolling, no button mashing, etc. Either people aren't understanding the method as I explained it, or they're not giving it a shot, because its pretty much foolproof. :think:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think the challenge is just a little too biased towards being luck based. I tried the 'popular method' probably about 10-20 times with no luck, came here to try the artemis blade, and found it left me too open. I went back to L1 + X and got it after a few more tries.

I don't remember being this frustrated with a trophy in a while. Not sure if I care enough to bother platting the next 2 GoWs if their challenges also have this level of BS.

I started with an L1+:cross: spam method. Got me almost to the top at one point, but after a bunch of tries, I decided to try your L1+:triangle:. Maybe I was doing it wrong, but the problem with it was that it was too slow in clearing them, and I'd end up being low on health.

Ended up going back to L1+:cross: using the R3+:cross: as some people suggested here, and it worked fine, until I would inadvertently roll off the platform.

Finally I said f**k this, and went back to the original L1+:cross:. Ended up getting through after a couple of tries. I did use the wrath of gods when I was at the top, just in case, but I don't think it's needed. As someone else said - this challenge is very luck based, so the key is just doing it over and over, until the AI will not screw you up. The good thing is the challenge is short, and you get to re-try it right away.

I'd say overall challenge 8 was the toughest, simply because you could get frozen in mid jump and you had to spend another 10 minutes doing the level again.

Edited by Eternal21