Seeing Red trophy question

maverick6146

I was wondering if the red orbs gathered during challenge of the gods can be used to upgrade weapons and does that trigger the trophy? I played GoW2 first and it seems the trophy can be got this way.

Also another small question, is there any way to turn OFF the rage of gods? again, something I can do in GoW2 but could not figure out in GoW 1.

Thanks.

Nope once The Rage of the gods is activated you can't turn it off,meaning its activated until your rage meter is empty. I don't think you can get the''Seeing Red'' trophy in the challenge rooms. I got it in the story by the end of the Ares fight (he loses alot of red orbs as the fight goes on,just upgrade anything to max when Ares hunches over and orbs are jerked from him,when this happens pause the game immediatly and upgrade anything BEFORE Kratos is pulled into Ares's vortex were he fights clones of himself,I did this and got the trophy this way,your just gonna have to keep scoring big combos on enemies in the game to score as much orbs as possible. You are right you can get the

Maxed out trophy in the Practice Arena in God of War II,this is how I got it and the

Eye Sore trophy. I also got the Power of the Urn trophy too by the Practice Arena.

Edited by Deadsea17

I was wondering if the red orbs gathered during challenge of the gods can be used to upgrade weapons and does that trigger the trophy? I played GoW2 first and it seems the trophy can be got this way.

Also another small question, is there any way to turn OFF the rage of gods? again, something I can do in GoW2 but could not figure out in GoW 1.

Thanks.

Nope u can't use the challenge of gods red orbs and to your other question u can't this the only God of War game that doesn't allow u to turned off the Rage

Edited by iRexi0nZ

Ok. bro i already got this trophy so this is what i did so i suggests u........

That it is near impossible to max out all weapons and magic on Normal-Mode or higher, because you get less red orbs by defeating enemies. Play the game at least on Easy Mode and try to follow these simple rules:

Kill your opponents very brutal to get more red orbs

Try to find every chest that includes red orbs during the game

Use the experience gift of the Gods at the secret room in Rings of Pandora Chests and Monsters in Hades give you many red orbs

Fail the Mini-Game above Ares head after the second sequence to get many red orbs (repeat this as much as you want)

Max out your weapons in the throne room at the end of the game

I hope this work for u :)

Edited by iRexi0nZ

• 1 month later...

Its definately not near impossible but its hard to do on normal. My advice on a few things as well as your advice... Dont brutal kill some enemies like the Minotaurs or Gorgeons. They give you health and magic orbs but no red orbs as it seemed. Turning enemies to stone then killing them gives you an orbs boost especially on the bigger enemies. Also! when defeating Ares' first form, he gives you 10k in orbs. I only needed 9k so I did the trick where you fail the button promps with him til I got it. Ares gives you 1k orbs each time you fail. Beating that first form I realised he would of given me enough anyways ;p

Edited by K-BAN

• 1 month later...

I have played through this game twice and always seem to fall short of Red orbs to get this Trophy. Will give it another run through and will use tip above to see if I can finally get it. 2nd run I hit every hidden chest, did not do Brutal Kills to maximize red orbs and I was still 7K short so looks like I would need to fail 7x in order to get this.

Thanks for the tip.

***EDIT*** Got it last night, just kept failing at Ares and then once I maxed out Army Of Hades, I finished him off, got the 10K red orbs and maxed out Blade Of Artemis. Trophy popped, now to attempt COTG.

Edited by Paulie1313

• 2 years later...

Ok this might be a little spoilerish

I just beat the game today and before i started the fight with Ares I had everything but the the blade of chaos and the Armies of hades after i beat Ares and the blades of chaos was replaced with the Blades of athena i went to upgrade and the Blade of Athena was at its max so I just maxed out The Armies of Hades and got the trophy.

Did this happen to anyone else?

• 4 months later...

Seeing Red can be done on the first playthrough.

I wouldn't bother with the Harpy glitch as its time consuming and very tedious to setup. I could never get it work anyway.

Unless you're having trouble with combat (and you shouldn't on easy it's literally mash to victory. Platforming is your main enemy here), you don't need every upgrade.

Simply farm Ares during his 1st phase. Trigger the QTE by getting him low, mash circle, do the first prompt (could be triangle, square, circle, x), and simply fail the second. You get 1000 orbs each time and it can be repeated forever.

• 1 year later...
Just bumping this thread as I need some advice.

I've played through GoW twice on my Vita now and this trophy just will not unlock despite maxing out all weapons and abilities both times. What gives?

Did you try out the Are's method at the end of the game? That is where I got my trophy.

Get him to the point where you grab him the first time, press the first button command, but fail the second one. You are guaranteed at least 2000 red orbs per attempt. Rinse and repeat until you have upgraded everything to max.

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by x410xDragon
Added info

Didn't he just explicitly say he had already upgraded everything to max on two separate playthroughs? It's pretty clearly a case of the infamous Vita glitches.

I'm aware. What I suggested is to unlock (or potentially unlock) this trophy at the end of the game using the method posted, not any time before. I was digging around and found a few suggestions by users from GameFAQ's with the same issues from 1 to 2 years ago. A few of them have found ways to fix the trophy glitches for the first two God Of War games on the Vita:

1. Restart the vita
  2. once on, open up the trophy app and make sure the game is on your list (A user on Gamefaq's of all places, says he did it just to make certain. Though, better safe than sorry.)
  3. After starting the game, do not go back to Home Screen or lock up your Vita. You will need to save your game beforehand if you choose to stop playing for a brief period.

Source # 1: Seriously? Trophies not unlocking and I already missed out on 5 trophies!!! - God of War Collection Message Board for PlayStation Vita - Page 3 - GameFAQs

Source # 2: Trophies are glitched! - God of War Collection Message Board for PlayStation Vita - GameFAQs

My suggestion to Spider is to make a save prior to unlocking the trophy, restart his Vita, do the Are's method, then hopefully his Seeing Red (S) will unlock.

Hey guys. Thanks for all the support (yous lot are the best :)).

I've got the (P) now. I shut down the Vita, loaded up up the save just before the final boss fight and didn't log out of the session at all. Got my speedy trophy and seeing red as well. These Vita glitches are annoying though. So glad there's a work around though!

Thanks again for all the hints and tips guys!