Speed Run Times Guide: Speed of Jason McDonald

SirkSirk

This is just a simple guide for people going for "Speed of Jason McDonald". I thought it would be a good idea for me to make this because I haven't played the game in a very long time so I couldn't remember most of the puzzles. As said in the trophy guide, reload checkpoints if you take too long. And by too long, that means at least 2-3x longer than it would normally take you if you knew what you were doing, don't sweat shaving off 20 seconds, it's not that tough ;)

I did this on Easy using the Dairy Bastard costume skipping enemies and chests. I didn't use any glitches or skips other than the unlimited orb glitch. If you are very far behind and do not want to start over, I would check out the Skips and Tricks thread to buy you some(or a lot) of time located here http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/god-war-collection-god-war/37024-skips-tricks.html

Now... I tried to get every save point time I could, but I would get too excited and save over. Most of these are 10 minutes or less apart so don't sweat it ^.^

Docks of Athens - 0:16:29

Fortress of Athens - 0:22:32

Athens Battleground - 0:29:59

Athens Town Square - 0:37:06

Tunnel Passage - 0:37:47

Treasure Room - 0:40:48

Return to Town Square - 0:48:39

Temple of the Oracle - 0:49:37

The Path to the Oracle - 0:52:35

Suicide Bluff - 0:55:51

Athens Battleground - 0:57:58

Temple of the Crytal Eye - 1:14:52

Challenge of Atlas - 1:17:53

The Path to Atlas - 1:26:56

Infinite Orb Glitch - 10-15 Minutes

The Cliffs of Atlas - 1:43:15

Temple of the Crystal Eye - 1:48:04

Poseidon's Challenge - 1:51:58

Poseidon's Sacrifice - 1:57:18

Poseidon's Chamber - 2:01:05

Flooded Passage - 2:08:05

Ampthitrite's Temple - 2:09:09

Temple of the Crystal Eye - 2:12:48

The Hall of Hades - 2:15:21

The Chamber of Hades - 2:22:26

Blades of Hades - 2:28:19

Minotaur's Nest - 2:35:49

The Cliffs of Madness - 2:41:57

The Bluffs of Madness - 2:42:56

The Traps of Madness - 2:58:19

The Architect's Tomb - 3:04:12

Zeus Mountain - 3:13:07

The Path of Hades - 3:17:03

Styx Below - 3:18:30

Oracle's Temple(Destroyed) - 3:23:54

Olympus - 3:31:10

I also spent time doing the infinite orb glitch because I didn't have that trophy. If you also need it on this run, you should get enough to the point you can upgrade everything and have 10,000 left over. By the time you get Army of Hades, you should have enough to upgrade it to max. It's 15,000(or 14,500) total from level 1 to 3.

I hope this helps! Good luck(if anyone still plays this game! =p)

Edited by SirkSirk

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,thanks for that times, im just comparing them as im making my speed run :) Im in underwater section of Poseidon's Challenge now being about 1:54:00. Just about 1 hour of play to get plat :)

Edit:

Finished game with 3:44:21 time... anyway, got a plat ^^

Edited by Teravius

• 2 weeks later...

Do it on easy,and skip a bunch of fights also beat The Challenge of the gods before this trophie and use the Dairy Bastard costume for unlimited magic,this costume takes bosses out fast.

I beat my playthrough in about 2 hrs 58 minutes ? (I know not over 3 hours)

Doing my speed run with Dairy Bastard. Started off quite slow. At the challenge of atlas (before the harpy glitch) and 20 mins behind the break up shown. hope to complete in < 4hrs as I already have the 'seeing red' trophy. lets see... thanks for the break up, though!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I managed to do this in 3:27. I admit I honestly could have shaved off 10 minutes or so as at a few parts I had forgotten what I had to do and backtracked a little. I still don't know how its possible to make it to Pandora's bridge in 1 hour 3 minutes though.

Edited by SA2

I managed to do this in 3:27. I admit I honestly could have shaved off 10 minutes or so as at a few parts I had forgotten what I had to do and backtracked a little. I still don't know how its possible to make it to Pandora's bridge in 1 hour 3 minutes though.

By using a shit ton of skips :p I beat the full game in 1:58, so I probably got to Pandora's bridge around... 45 minutes? Maybe earlier, I don't quite remember ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The speedrun was extremely easy. Just don't waste a lot of time on stupid things, and wear the diary bastard! I recommend upgrading first Poseidon's and then chaos blade, then Hades'! :o I did it in 3:15, and I seriously wasted a lot of time taking stuff I absolutely did not need, upgrading everything complete! You don't actually need to upgrade your health. I never lost so much health that it would be needed, but I guess upgrading once can't hurt! :o

You will gain a lot of health and red orbs from using magic attacks, since they do heavy hit combos. So just don't take any of that stuff, and you should be able to do it in 2 hours! xD

Well guys, I just finished the challenge of atlas and I'm at 1:26 (I think) wearing the dairy bastard costume. Will I manage to do it or I have to go faster????????:confused::confused::confused:

Speed of Jason McDonald is the last trophy remaining for the platinum of God of War 1 and I just want to know.

Edited by Metalas

Allright guys I made it at 2 hours and 43 minutes ONLY !!!!!:D:D:D

It was really easy and of course dairy bastard is a MUST!!!!!USE IT!!!!!

That's because it has unlimited magic and double red orbs!! Well, most people are anxious about if they are going to do it in under 5 hours and I was too, but when I finished the game at this really good time in my opinion I said: WTF!!!! It was really easy, why was I so anxious? Just upgrade first of all your Poseidon's Rage and last the Army of Hades and Blades of Chaos. Of course fight only when you have to and you'll have a precious gold trophy and why not platnum if it's the last.

I have now the platinum of God of War and heading for God of War II platinum!!!!!:D:D:D

Edited by Metalas

am i the only one who used the aries armour? i did it in 3 hours with that. they should have forced the player to do it without the additional suits, there's just no challenge with them

Exactly.

Look I hate speed runs as much as the next person. I much rather 100% a game then speed through it, drives me bananas. But this speed run trophy is a complete joke.

I got every trophy, including the speed run trophy, in my only playthrough of the game. So I finished under 5 hours while getting every other trophy and collectible. If I can do all that under 5 hours, anybody can beat it under 5 hours with or without a costume.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got to Hades and am a shade under 3 hours. Going by the above, should be all done in 15-20 minutes. Fairly easy plat for a game which was gruelling in Titan mode on the PS2 :)

*edit* done, about 3 hours 20 minutes. Most aggravating part was climbing the rotating knife parts in Hades :D

Edited by Adonai-