Story Discussion Thread *MASSIVE SPOILERS INSIDE*

FiftyQuid

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706t-attention-sign-orig.png WARNING! http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706t-attention-sign-orig.png

SPOILER TAGS ARE NOT USED IN THIS THREAD!

You have entered a spoiler tag free zone about the game God Of War III. This thread has been created to discuss anything GOWIII related. You are permitted to discuss key plot points, boss battles and any part of the story openly without the use of SPOILER TAGS. Please note, this is not a "I need help on Titan" or "How do I..." thread. Any posts like this will be deleted.

In summary, this is a SPOILER TAG free zone. You do not have to use SPOILER TAGS within this thread.

This thread is immune.

Edited by FiftyQuid

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706t-attention-sign-orig.png WARNING! http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706t-attention-sign-orig.png

THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO TURN BACK!

Edited by FiftyQuid

• 7 months later...

well im a huge fan of the god of war series but idn i think that the ending of gow3 was kind of a slap in the face ether there making a gow4 which is completely unnecessary or they put no effort in the ending. i don't know im probably just pissed that there's going to be another game when everything is done and krato's has gotten his revenge, the point of this thread is just to get other opinions on the ending, maybe im missing somthing

What did you think was going to happen?

Did you really think that Kratos was going to survive this game (barring the still unexplained teaser after the credits)? Did you think that Kratos was going to kill Zeus and take his spot as a god? He'd already been a god, and we saw how that turned out. Personally, I had very little doubt that Kratos would die at the end of this series (I even had a hunch that they would tease his survival, just in case Sony has trouble moving PS4's ;)), and in my mind, there was no better way to have it happen than by his own hand.

Kratos was the ultimate anti-hero. You couldn't give him a soft, feel-good ending, especially in the Greek-mythology context. The story is a Tragedy, and to give him a overwhelmingly happy ending wouldn't have fit. In my opinion, they did the best thing they could do: Redeem the character, give him his revenge, let him die an honorable death, and in doing so, releasing the gift of hope to all mankind in its darkest hour.

I feel that the ending suits the character, and suits the mythology from which the story is based. That's all I could've asked for, should this be the end of the story. If it's not the end, well, they're 3 for 3 so far on amazing games, so I'm sure I'd be ok with that too.

Edited by FiftyQuid

What did you think was going to happen?

Did you really think that Kratos was going to survive this game (barring the still unexplained teaser after the credits)? Did you think that Kratos was going to kill Zeus and take his spot as a god? He'd already been a god, and we saw how that turned out. Personally, I had very little doubt that Kratos would die at the end of this series (I even had a hunch that they would tease his survival, just in case Sony has trouble moving PS4's ;)), and in my mind, there was no better way to have it happen than by his own hand.

Kratos was the ultimate anti-hero. You couldn't give him a soft, feel-good ending, especially in the Greek-mythology context. The story is a Tragedy, and to give him a overwhelmingly happy ending wouldn't have fit. In my opinion, they did the best thing they could do: Redeem the character, give him his revenge, let him die an honorable death, and in doing so, releasing the gift of hope to all mankind in its darkest hour.

I feel that the ending suits the character, and suits the mythology from which the story is based. That's all I could've asked for, should this be the end of the story. If it's not the end, well, they're 3 for 3 so far on amazing games, so I'm sure I'd be ok with that too.

couldn't have agreed more.

Edited by FiftyQuid

The end was very fitting. It worked all in all with everything else. Play All 3 games in a row and pay close attention to the story the whole way through. It works very well.

Oh and OP, you may want to use spoiler tags if you are going to mention any specifics regarding the ending (or any portions of the game). Mods are loving to use the Ban Hammer in this forum.

EDIT: Looks like this thread is a tag free zone now.

Edited by Wedge19

nextlevel88 i agree i hoped that kratos would die it would be the perfect ending to the perfect trilogy but the thing is we don't know if hes dead did you not watch past credits shows a trail of blood from where kratos was, leading to a cliff and his body is nowhere in sight? thats what angered me i wanted an end not a open end.

Edited by FiftyQuid

Bubble, I would go back and edit your posts...... Use Spoiler tags to hide those specifics. I see you're new, but you want to get the rules down quick before Mods start handing you the Ban card.

EDIT: Looks like this thread is a Tag Free zone now.

Edited by Wedge19

I liked the ending, suits the franchise very well as someone else explained.

Plus, ending a Trilogy doesn't mean they have to literally stop making God of War games, as we know Chains of Olympus isn't part of the Trilogy, yet it was an excellent game, I wouldn't mind another Chains of Olympus, whichever system it is for.

The ending was perfect. The fact that it was also a quick time event that didn't result in what I was expecting made it even better. There are very few movies and tv shows that have created such a perfect conclusion. As far as I'm concerned this game is better than Uncharted 2's storytelling and cinematic approach, (and I loved that as well). This ending was simply epic, in such a non-epic way. Absolutely loved the silence broken only by his final grunts.

Edited by FiftyQuid

I got how athena wanted the power for herself, but im left uneasy since she was able to just walk away. I know shes dead, but this game made it feel like she wasn't really dead. I'm courious that if she is the only god or titan left, how does she spend the rest of her days? I was hoping for the game to explain why none of the gods or titans from greek mytho exist in todays world. But who am i kidding, I'm prolly just looking into it too deep. :rolleyes:

Edited by FiftyQuid

I got how athena wanted the power for herself, but im left uneasy since she was able to just walk away. I know shes dead, but this game made it feel like she wasn't really dead. I'm courious that if she is the only god or titan left, how does she spend the rest of her days? I was hoping for the game to explain why none of the gods or titans from greek mytho exist in todays world. But who am i kidding, I'm prolly just looking into it too deep. :rolleyes:

same thing i was wondering, so does her spirit just walk around for all eternity with no purpose now? I also dont know y u all keep talking like kratos is dead when they just about killed that thought off completely after the credits.

Edited by FiftyQuid