How To Unlock "aMAZEd" (Guaranteed)

F8L Fool

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b368/Jester2055/godofwar-2.png aMAZEd (G)

Beat the labyrinth without dying or failing

This is one of the few skill oriented trophies in the game. Depending on what difficulty you're playing on, successfully unlocking "aMAZEd" can be extremely challenging. Luckily I have discovered a way to unlock this trophy on any difficulty, without having to worry about failing, dying, or any of that nonsense :dance:.

The below method has been confirmed to still work with the most recent patch (1.03). Thanks Mer2329 for confirming that..

1.) Enter the Labyrinth

2.) Save the game at the save point (and be sure to not save over it until this trophy is unlocked)

3.) Play as though you're truly trying not to die, or fail.

4.) If you die or fail at any time, do not "restart at the last checkpoint". Instead choose "Quit Game".

5.) Go to "Load Game" at the main menu and select the file that looks like this:

It will be at the very top, and should say "(Auto-Save)" in the description.

6.) Load that file up and continue to play as if nothing ever happened, from where you just died at.

7.) If you die again for whatever reason, repeat step 4 & 5 until you have successfully conquered the labyrinth.

8.) If you accidentally do hit restart at any time, don't worry about it. Just go and manually load the auto-save and you'll be fine. No harm done.

9.) Enjoy your trophy!

If you're playing on "Titan" and you're worried about the difficulty effecting your chances/speed of success, save in the Caverns, during your second visit, after [spoiler=Scorpion]defeating the scorpion, that way you can load up that save later, and suicide until the "Easy" difficulty choice is offered. Be sure to do this in a specific save that is separate from your normal saves, that you will NOT save over it.

The reason that this method works is that whenever you reach a certain point in the game, it automatically saves without so much as notifying you. When you select "Restart at last checkpoint" it loads you at the "Auto-Save Point", but adds on an additional death. So, if you don't do restart and instead MANUALLY do it, you'll never have to worry about accumulating deaths of any sort. Which only really matters for this particular trophy, as there are no other death related trophies in God of War III.

I personally tested this method (twice, on two different accounts and difficulties), and I can guarantee that it works. Not only that but I intentionally failed and died many times, at each checkpoint, just to make sure there was no errors.

I wish you all the best of luck with the "aMAZEd" trophy, and with the platinum.

Section Tips

There's a few select parts that are tricky. So here's how you should prepare for them.

1.) Put any and all orbs you have into your Nemean Cestus if it isn't already maxed, because you'll be using it a lot.

2.) Never pass up any of the green/blue chests. There's no backtracking in the labyrinth so even if you're only missing 5% health, it's worth filling up than not.

Spike Room

This is one of the two difficult rooms in the labyrinth. To ensure that you pass it alright, equip your Nemean Cestus. It will knockdown/back every single enemy that spawns in that room.

Stay in one corner of the room and use :l1:+:square: to continuously keep the mobs at bay until you know where the spikes are coming out from first. Once you do go stand on the next spot that it will be coming out of. You can tell because the spikes rotate in a counterclockwise fashion for phase 1, and clockwise for phase 2.

Once the tips of the spikes stick out be sure to knock everyone down once, then double jump+glide to a safe spot before they come out. Continue to do this until the Harpy shows up.

When the Harpy comes just jump, hit :l1:+:circle:, and you will begin riding it as you have done many times before. Do not under any circumstances hit a button while you're riding the Harpy.

The room will spin, you'll kill the harpy, and mobs will spawn just like before.

Repeat the process until the door opens up and you jump to safety.

Daedalus Room

This in my opinion is the most difficult part of the labyrinth. It's very long, clustered, and has a nasty combination of enemies.

Here's the individual strategies for each one:

Wraiths: Tall guys with cloaks, and weird scythes. These are your #1 priority, as they do the most damage and can wreak havoc if they go underground.

-Just use :circle: on them over, and over, and over. When you first use it they will be launched in the air. Jump up and use :circle: again. Once you're on the ground repeat the process until it dies. You take no damage while grappling so it's completely safe.

- If they go underground then use :l1:+:circle: to pull them out.

Siren Seductress: First things you see. They're small blue ghost chicks that float around. They're really annoying, but easy to take care of.

-Use the Blades of Exile for these chicks. Just do whatever strong/fast combo you're comfortable with. If one flies up in the air immediately jump up and hit circle (not :l1:+:circle:), to bring her down and do big damage. If you ignore her she'll drain your magic and stun you.

-When you are prompted with :circle: for them, ignore it at first, unless you're at full magic then you just kill her. If you're not at full magic then just do a good deal more damage to her, and then use circle. If she doesn't instantly die she'll be very close to death. The reason you want to kill them with :circle: if you're not at full mana is because they restore it, and stun/damage nearby enemies.

Minotaurs: Use your Nemean Cestus on them. If there are any shield guys around, then wait til they're near you and use :r2: to break all of their shields and damage them at once.

-Continuously use :l1:+:circle: on them to keep them from charging you, and toss them into others in the area. It's best to keep them knocked against a wall, that way they'll be subdued for longer periods of time. Also as I'm sure you know if you kill them with :circle: you are rewarded health. If you are anything less than 100% health, do it that way.

Olympus Sentinel: Blue shield guys with spears. These in my opinion are the second biggest threat, next to the Wraiths. Scratch that, they are actually worse than the Wraiths because they spawn in greater numbers, and don't have a cheesy strategy like spamming one button to kill them.

-Whenever you see these guys you need to focus on them ASAP with your Nemean Cestus. Get their shields down and play it as safe as possible. Don't use :l1:+:triangle: because it takes too long to execute, and you can/will get hit a lot while attempting it. Just quick bursts of :square: over and over will do perfect.

-Because they have spears they have deceptively long range, and they gang up on you. These guys can very easily take 50% of your health on Titan mode, while keeping you stunned at the same time.

-It's best to save as much of your magic for when you run into these + minotaurs at once, as it will make it infinitely easier. Just make sure you are facing the way you want to hit because it is a directional based magic ability.

Edited by F8L Fool
Patch update
  • Thanks 1

Yeah got this trophy yesterday. The only part i had troubles with was when the spikes all came oout of the floor.

@ sunnygrg yeah the "not restart from checkpoint" things is pretty obvious. Actually the whole trophy is, there is no trick to it, its just all about messing up. As of now, i think adding tips on how to get past certain parts would be alot more helpful to people that dont have the trophy yet. lol

Also, lol i wouldnt say you discovered this its pretty obvious and im basically the only way to get this trophy without being a beast at the game lol

Edited by T_l_M_B_0

The reason that this method works is that whenever you reach a certain point in the game, it automatically saves without so much as notifying you. When you select "Restart at last checkpoint" that last auto-save is overwritten with a new auto-save, which includes your death/fail. So, if you don't do restart and instead MANUALLY do it, you'll never have your auto-save overwritten with a new death.

I can verify that is not true. I died in the spike room and accidentally hit restart from checkpoint. Then I quit and reloaded the auto save. In the back of my head I was hoping restarting the checkpoint would not overwrite the auto save with my death. I finished the Labyrinth and still got the trophy.

Also, in the room where you have to climb to the top with the crushing spikes.. if you jump off the top and glide down and do that thing where you fall right before you land. That also does not count as "falling" and you will still get the trophy.

Wher doz the labyrinth actually start? lol just wanna be 100% sure i get this right :)

You'll be building this giant thing consisting of giant cubes while in the Cavern. Once you enter the cubes, you'll see big letters at the top of your screen that says "Labyrinth". You'll know you're in the Labyrinth when you see these words.

Wher doz the labyrinth actually start? lol just wanna be 100% sure i get this right :)

It will pop up on the screen and say "The Labyrinth" when you officially get into it. There will be a save point right here as well for you. Dont worry about dying until the words "The Labyrinth" shows up on the screen. :)

@ MiiAmigo

You'll be building this giant thing consisting of giant cubes while in the Cavern. Once you enter the cubes, you'll see big letters at the top of your screen that says "Labyrinth". You'll know you're in the Labyrinth when you see these words.

It will pop up on the screen and say "The Labyrinth" when you officially get into it. There will be a save point right here as well for you. Dont worry about dying until the words "The Labyrinth" shows up on the screen. :)

literally 2 posts above you :rolleyes: there ya go

I can verify that is not true. I died in the spike room and accidentally hit restart from checkpoint. Then I quit and reloaded the auto save. In the back of my head I was hoping restarting the checkpoint would not overwrite the auto save with my death. I finished the Labyrinth and still got the trophy.

Also, in the room where you have to climb to the top with the crushing spikes.. if you jump off the top and glide down and do that thing where you fall right before you land. That also does not count as "falling" and you will still get the trophy.

Tested the restart, then quit method. It worked fine and is good to know for if you accidentally hit it. But it definitely shouldn't be something you do on purpose, considering it would just take extra time. But I'll still edit the information.

As for the what you said about the spike room, errr, the trophy says "dying" and "failing" not *FALLING* (Falling is dying anyhow). The "falling" bit was a spelling error in Jamby's trophy guide that I pointed out and was changed. But if you're trying to say you can outright die and continue on, I'll have to say that's either a glitch in one specific spot or incorrect. Either way there's no point risking it when you can still just load the auto-save right where you died anyhow.

Auto-save trick is pretty good, I'd used and tested it myself. But most of combat tips for enemies are pretty amateurish at best. Don't take offense as don't mean in a demeaning way. Am sure they worked for you, but I think I got better safer tactips. Let me know if you think otherwise :)

1. Best move you have against ALL enemies in this game is L1+O. Why? It can damage multiple enemies, but more importantly, it has i-frames. From the moment the blades connect to the moment you're done, all attacks pass through you.

2. Sirens: Best way is to Hold Triangle to launch them in air and then grab them repeatedly. Why? As always, i-frames, you can't be damaged while you're doing this as you'll be airborne all the time. ALWAYS go for minigame. Not just coz you get mana, but also coz killing them this way stuns enemies around you.

3. Shield Guys: They ARE the biggest threat. Use L1+Triangle attack of Cestus to break more shields in a shorter time. After that they're just grab fodder.

4. Minotaurs: L1+O. If you got time, Hold Triangle to launch in air and then grab them to plunge hornfirst into ground. They won't bother you for a while.

5. Wraiths: L1+O when they go underground. When they "bounce" you can use O repeatedly to bounce them till they die. They will also hit enemies where they land.

6. General tip: If you have any sentry/sentinel you can grab, grab and press [] to ram them into enemies.

7. Spike room: Use L1+O to get i-frames. Lure enemies to where spikes are gonna come, when you see smoke double jump and use Air Dash to move to safety at last moment. Spikes kill them instantly, so use it.

8. Never use a long combo like L1+[], at least not when more than 5 enemies are around you as you can't block or cancel out of these attacks [prone to be attacked] and they have some idle animation at end of attacks when you're sitting ducks [don't believe me? try spamming L1+[] in the El Matador challenge]

I got aMAZEd without opening ANY chest at ANY point or using Rage using these tactics on Normal. Since collisions are more powerful on higher difficulties, Ram attacka dn L1+O will do even more damage on Titan. My only death was Pandora getting crushed by blades [got distracted by a phone call] so restarted from auto save.

Tested the restart, then quit method. It worked fine and is good to know for if you accidentally hit it. But it definitely shouldn't be something you do on purpose, considering it would just take extra time. But I'll still edit the information.

As for the what you said about the spike room, errr, the trophy says "dying" and "failing" not *FALLING* (Falling is dying anyhow). The "falling" bit was a spelling error in Jamby's trophy guide that I pointed out and was changed. But if you're trying to say you can outright die and continue on, I'll have to say that's either a glitch in one specific spot or incorrect. Either way there's no point risking it when you can still just load the auto-save right where you died anyhow.

Ahh.. I must have read it wrong or it was written wrong. I was thinking it said falling. Which was confusing because if you fall off a ledge or something you die anyway usually lol.

This is very helpful, I have one question, at what part the trophy will pop up?

jus to be sure, thanks for the efforts!

[spoiler=Labyrinth]When you beat the Daedalus room you and Pandora will go up this elevator thing to the top of the cube during a cutscene. When the cutscene ends, the trophy will pop

lol yeah what part? i jsut got pass that long ass battle, it took like hours... literally... with breaks X.x i'm @ the falling down part. and i saved there.

What part will it unlock, or what part do you save at? If it's when it will unlock I already answered that question on the last page at the bottom.

Auto-save trick is pretty good, I'd used and tested it myself. But most of combat tips for enemies are pretty amateurish at best. Don't take offense as don't mean in a demeaning way. Am sure they worked for you, but I think I got better safer tactips. Let me know if you think otherwise :)

1. Best move you have against ALL enemies in this game is L1+O. Why? It can damage multiple enemies, but more importantly, it has i-frames. From the moment the blades connect to the moment you're done, all attacks pass through you.

2. Sirens: Best way is to Hold Triangle to launch them in air and then grab them repeatedly. Why? As always, i-frames, you can't be damaged while you're doing this as you'll be airborne all the time. ALWAYS go for minigame. Not just coz you get mana, but also coz killing them this way stuns enemies around you.

3. Shield Guys: They ARE the biggest threat. Use L1+Triangle attack of Cestus to break more shields in a shorter time. After that they're just grab fodder.

4. Minotaurs: L1+O. If you got time, Hold Triangle to launch in air and then grab them to plunge hornfirst into ground. They won't bother you for a while.

5. Wraiths: L1+O when they go underground. When they "bounce" you can use O repeatedly to bounce them till they die. They will also hit enemies where they land.

6. General tip: If you have any sentry/sentinel you can grab, grab and press [] to ram them into enemies.

7. Spike room: Use L1+O to get i-frames. Lure enemies to where spikes are gonna come, when you see smoke double jump and use Air Dash to move to safety at last moment. Spikes kill them instantly, so use it.

8. Never use a long combo like L1+[], at least not when more than 5 enemies are around you as you can't block or cancel out of these attacks [prone to be attacked] and they have some idle animation at end of attacks when you're sitting ducks [don't believe me? try spamming L1+[] in the El Matador challenge]

I got aMAZEd without opening ANY chest at ANY point or using Rage using these tactics on Normal. Since collisions are more powerful on higher difficulties, Ram attacka dn L1+O will do even more damage on Titan. My only death was Pandora getting crushed by blades [got distracted by a phone call] so restarted from auto save.

pro-tip. everyone playing on titan should use it. its not the first time you have faced the enemies if you have played the series more or less recently, but these tactics will keep your health to a max and advance through titan like a breeze

L1+O an enemy into walls for wall stun is oh so nice and frees up some time to hack n slash

Edited by zhangzheng

pro-tip. everyone playing on titan should use it. its not the first time you have faced the enemies if you have played the series more or less recently, but these tactics will keep your health to a max and advance through titan like a breeze

L1+O an enemy into walls for wall stun is oh so nice and frees up some time to hack n slash

I have use :l1:+:circle: on mino's in my other guide, but didn't really put it in for this one because whenever the shield users are around it can wreak havoc on shit. You're susceptible right after using :l1:+:circle:, just not DURING the action.

I'll tweak it a bit but ya, you just need to know when to use it and not to use it. The meat of the issue is to just keep at it via the Auto-Save.