must be me

csboi1337

What difficulty are you playing on? If you're on Titan than dying a shitload of times is normal. Other than that you're probably just dying because you're new to the series. If you've ever played any fighting game before, the key is really the same. Just spam all the buttons lol

He says he's playing on normal.

Remember, OP, :square: :square: :square: :triangle:. Over and over.

but i fucking hate this game. playing on normal and i've died countless times.. I have not been a god of war player and perhaps this game just isnt for me. Got to the first boss and omg i just wanna break this game into a million pieces. :mad:

It's not just you... I struggled so much in this game, I probably never understood how to play it. I died so many times even on Normal, I hated this game so much and I was so glad when it was over. Titan mode seemed out of reach at times, many times... You have my sympathy, those bosses, even at the beginning, are very tough. It not my kind of game

Titan is child's play. Try to spam the specials. Where you at?

im in the 3rd stage of poseidon with half health, his vertical lightning attack is almost impossible for me to avoid (seems like its a rolling attack) I played chains of olympus on PSP a long time ago and did ok... tried 1 and 2 remake and i just got tired of trying and sold it. I need to get down the controls and blocking, i can never get the timing right and i seriously hate QTE's

• 1 month later...

God of War 3 is a toughy.

Its not the dying from fighting that I hate though. Its the endless jump, fall & die, over and over again. Feels like I'm playing Mario of War in stead of some insane God killer.

Whilst the story and graphics have gotten better with each game. The gameplay itself is now old and badly dated. I really wanted to have all six games on my profile, but I think GoW 3 will be my last. Especially as a huge percentage of gamers and reviews pretty much agree with my above opinion when it comes to GoW: Ascension.

but i fucking hate this game. playing on normal and i've died countless times.. I have not been a god of war player and perhaps this game just isnt for me. Got to the first boss and omg i just wanna break this game into a million pieces. :mad:

Wow...I thought that it was just me. I got through GoW3 in normal...but on titan...after dying a couple of dozen times against the first big monster (I don't even think that he was a boss). I just quit. Came back like a year later...started a new game...died a dozen times against the first big monster again. Quit and mothballed the game.

This game was very hard at me at first. You might try a lower level then work up. Keep trying.

The hardest part on Titan I think for most people is the Cerberus and 2 Satar's near the end.

You'll either find yourself getting trapped and whipped in a corner till you die, many, many, times. Or the worst one. Getting the Cerberus down to its last QTE, only for the Satar bastards to keep getting in the way, causing you to QTE on them which results in you getting your arse whipped again.

Zeus is tough but like the PSP games, its all about getting the parry technique down. Blocking is not good enough, you need that counter hit from a successful parry to get through the hard parts.

Can't be arsed with God of War: Ascension, just yet. Gone through 5 GoW games within about 2 months and its taken its toll lol. Plus it seems like its a shit game from what everyone says.

• 3 weeks later...

Must be you I guess. You should try to play on easy so you don't get that frustrated while playing it.

I never played GOW before or any game like it (3D beat em up/hack and slash) but I have to admit that it was very easy considering the difficulty rating in this web.

First time I played it I chosed easy because it was my first PS3 game, my first game of this kind, I wanted to get used to the gameplay and I wanted to experience the story and wasn't really looking for a challenge. I walked through anyone with no trouble, even the bosses. The only trouble I had was getting used to jumping and finding what to do next and where to go. A very easy game.

Then I played on Normal after finishing in Easy. It was more of the same, I really didn't feel the diference really. It was even easier because I already knew where to go, how to beat the bosses and how to do the puzzles. The hardest part of the game, again, was when I was chasing Hermes (I kept falling while jumping, still wasn't comfortable with the gameplay I guess)

Third time I played in Titan (Hard). I wasn't tired of this game or bored, I loved it and after finishing two walkthroughs I still wanted to keep playing it. Titan was the only challenge really. I stopped smashing buttons without thinking and started to "respect" the enemies and the bosses. Luckily for me, after two walkthroughs I already understood the gameplay mechanics very well. I died a lot more than in easy/normal but I never felt that it was because of something cheap or unfair and I never really got stuck in any part for a long time.

Started the Chaos immediately after finishing but I moved to other games before finishing it. I'll probably go back eventually, Chaos seemed like a really good challenge on an awesome game.

Edited by GregHouse007

I never did a parry and 95% of the time I didn't block. I figured rolling, jumping and combos with an animation that makes you untouchable for a short time, did the job very well.

but I do remember, back at release, that I suffered pretty hard.. so I can see where you coming from. just do it on easy, try to make your tactics and over some time, you'll own the greek gods ;)