God of War Collection Boss Batch Trophy Workaround.

PrimalCarnage

If you are having difficulty unlocking the Boss Batch 3 Trophy you may want to give these steps a try.

Important Note: You should only take these steps if you did not get the trophy but should have. This process will reverse and make it so you won't get the trophy if you were already on the path to getting it.

STEP 1:

To start, make sure to have a save file at the "Entrance to the Underground" save point. This will be a little over an hour away from where you should unlock the Trophy.

CXmpw3G.png

Make sure to keep this save and don't save over it. Progress through the game normally. If the Trophy unlocks, you're all set. If the Trophy doesn't unlock, then continue onward to Step 2.

STEP 2:

Load up your save "Entrance to the Underground", and backtrack to the Main Plaza area from which you entered this hallway.

CHarUhZ.png

STEP 3:

From here, head to the opposite door of the Plaza, with the Ram sculpture on it's surface.

DiqXVwF.png

STEP 4:

Open the door, and continue onward, through the hallway where you had to fight a large amount of enemies in order to avoid being crushed by the moving walls.

EvnMcyp.png

STEP 5:

Next, progress through the Garden of the Gods, and shimmy across the wall behind the statues.

uYUeQDB.png

Make your way past the room where you killed the Sirens to unlock the door, and dive into the pool of "red liquid".

STEP 6:

Swim through the spike and body filled area until emerging into somewhere a bit colder.

AvfDHv9.png

STEP 7:

Walk through this room to proceed to the room where you had to kill the Nymphs and their nests. Turn the crank to bring down the grapple point and ride it up to the next floor.

UpN91xH.png

STEP 8:

Proceed onward until entering the Auditorium of Atropos, then open the door on the right.

6EYrfxN.png

STEP 9:

Turn the crank beyond the door to open a vent. Float up to a lever about midway and use it. This will increase the air flow. Just drop down, turn the crank again and ride the current up to this ceiling where Kratos can make his way to the elevator that leads back to the Plaza.

[imghttps://i.imgur.com/13FYJ2i.png[/img]

STEP 10:

You'll now emerge in the Plaza once more. Continue to "Entrance to the Underground" and fight your way to the third sister. If done correctly, the Trophy should unlock, and you will be one step closer to that Platinum!

eMwLDIQ.png

This was posted on the official GOW forums a while back, though I haven't had a chance to try it out yet :).

Edited by Terminator
Replaced some missing images and fixed some formatting issues.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
how do you know if you are already on the path to getting it?

If your toe tickles, all is good, if not its not.

The point is, that you as gamer do not know.

You can just guess.

So, you should make sure you got the correct savegame (STEP 1).

Then you play the game.

If you Finish the game now, the trophy unlocks (notice how your toe tickled all the time?).

If you Finish the game and it does not unlock, reload (STEP 1) and continue with STEP 2 (i bet you noticed the missing tickling).

If your toe tickles, all is good, if not its not.

The point is, that you as gamer do not know.

You can just guess.

So, you should make sure you got the correct savegame (STEP 1).

Then you play the game.

If you Finish the game now, the trophy unlocks (notice how your toe tickled all the time?).

If you Finish the game and it does not unlock, reload (STEP 1) and continue with STEP 2 (i bet you noticed the missing tickling).

ok so keep a save game at the entrance to the underground

got ya

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting this, good thing I didn't get up to this yet.

If it does glitch on me, at least I won't have to do a whole other playthrough.

I'm just confused at WHEN you need to have your save at the "Entrance to the Undeground" save point. You can access that multiple times, since it's from a door in the plaza you re-enter many times.

I have a save file there at the FIRST TIME you get to that save point. So it's before you get a key item or two to progress...

Are you suppose to have a save file there the FIRST TIME or a little later on after you've gotten a little farther?

Edited by zeociko

Thank you for posting this, I litteraly JUST past that point in the game maybe 10 minutes ago, so hopefully it will unlock normally for me. I just arrived at the icey cold place while using only one save lol. So fingers are crossed, or maybe I can backtrack or unlock it normally from there by reloading my save.

Edit: Nevermind, apparently it's talking about the point in the game where you arrive at the tunnel enterance the final time before you start doing the kraken and the sisters of fate. So making multiple saves there is a good idea so if it doesn't award me with the trophy I can easily glitch the glitched trophy, by backtracking and doing things I already did.

Edited by Whiteclone

I'm just confused at WHEN you need to have your save at the "Entrance to the Undeground" save point. You can access that multiple times, since it's from a door in the plaza you re-enter many times.

I have a save file there at the FIRST TIME you get to that save point. So it's before you get a key item or two to progress...

Are you suppose to have a save file there the FIRST TIME or a little later on after you've gotten a little farther?

My memory isnt the greatest, but I remember only having to pass it once ... ? I mean, you can find it again if you insist on it, but you dont actually pass it again in line with the story.

Either way, I would say the first. I saved my game on first contact with it, didnt get my trophy, done the work around, and unlocked it.

Just a quick question? Should i finish the game first if i don't get the trophy then load the save or load the save up after the third sister if the trophy does not pop up?

Based on how trophies unlock, you should be able to keep that save file on your PS3 forever and in 2 years decide to go back for that trophy and get it. You just have to meet the requirements of that trophy for it to unlock and as long as the info remains in that save file you will be able to return to it and wrap it up.

In other words, do not save over that file and return to it whenever you feel like it. I have done that a few times in other games where I saved a checkpoint but did not feel like messing with it. (EX: The red orb harpy glitch in GoW1)

This workaround does not work for me on a game plus..did it twice on my second play through and no boss batch 3 trophy...thats really crap.. :(

thats it for today..have deleted now the gow 2 save files and will start tomorrow the last play through in one set...

This is really very annoying :(

Edited by Matix

Load up your save "Entrance to the Underground", and backtrack to the Main Plaza area from which you entered this hallway.

i load up to "Entrance to the Underground"

but how can backtrack to the Main Plaza area and the door closed after i get inside thise save area

Edited by max4ever