Rate the trophy difficulty...  

945 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_45.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 4.57

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Darth_Krid

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost the complete opposite of GoW 1.

7, or maybe I rated it a 6, I forgot.

My thumbs are literally bleeding, not so much anymore, but they were a couple minutes ago...not kidding O_O

That last challenge SUCKED!!!

Youtube was no help at all, as the rock minotaur did nothing in game, that happened in the video.

Youtube said to kill the enemies first, then go after the minotaur, I ended up beating it killing the minotaur first, then the other enemies.

Man, oh man, that sucked.

Story wasnt so bad, but some puzzles were annoying to figure out.

Almost the complete opposite of GoW 1.

7, or maybe I rated it a 6, I forgot.

My thumbs are literally bleeding, not so much anymore, but they were a couple minutes ago...not kidding O_O

That last challenge SUCKED!!!

Youtube was no help at all, as the rock minotaur did nothing in game, that happened in the video.

Youtube said to kill the enemies first, then go after the minotaur, I ended up beating it killing the minotaur first, then the other enemies.

Man, oh man, that sucked.

Story wasnt so bad, but some puzzles were annoying to figure out.

Lol, the last challange took me 59 seconds lol.

Switch to the Blade of Olympus, then press Triangle on the skeletons until an icon appears, press circle, and keep going. Once they all die, run behind the Rock Minotaur, let everyone come near you, spam Chronos' Rage until he starts his spin attack. Then just jump out and keep spamming Chronos' Rage and it's done.

Lol, the last challange took me 59 seconds lol.

Switch to the Blade of Olympus, then press Triangle on the skeletons until an icon appears, press circle, and keep going. Once they all die, run behind the Rock Minotaur, let everyone come near you, spam Chronos' Rage until he starts his spin attack. Then just jump out and keep spamming Chronos' Rage and it's done.

Yeah, I ended up starting up with Cronos' Rage to stun the skeltons, then run to the minotaur and unload. Then when he did the arm spin, just do one of the Skeleton QTE's so you wont get hit, then finish him off. The wizards were annoying at times though >_>...their bullshit monster spawning skillz.

Gave it a 4 since it's easier than GoW1, but some people might still have a slight problem with the Challenge of the Titans, despite that also being easier than Challenge of the Gods. Otherwise all of the other trophies are easy to obtain (yep.. reaching the loom chamber in 10 minutes is actually easier than it sounded at first).

I voted 5 (7 on GOW1). This one lacks a Speed Run Trophy which saves a playthrough, and Challenge of the Titans is still annoying, but easier than Challenge of the Gods. The 20 Cyclops Eyes is sort of annoying, though. The main challenges are those, 15 Minute Fight (which isn't that hard) and getting Max Health/Magic/Weapons. You also have to at least start a second playthrough to earn 1 of the Trophies which is sort of stupid.

5. 4 was just a bit too low. A pretty easy plat in comparison to a lot of other games (anything is possible now after Star Wars: TFU without cheats!).

Challenge of the Titans is a bit of a challenge, but a quick look on here and youtube and I got through each challenge in under half an hour, some in under 5 minutes. Its much easier than Challenge of the Gods.

An easy but very very enjoyable platinum, and a game definately worth going back to after the trophies :D

Once again i managed to platinum this lastnight story wise 4/10 but i actually found challenge of the titans harder than challenge of the gods. I would give the game overall a 7/10. Btw anyone who gives less than a 6 is either a gow legend or lying. I am an avid gow player and anyone giving 3/10 is bullshit this is not Tomb raider underworld.

Once again i managed to platinum this lastnight story wise 4/10 but i actually found challenge of the titans harder than challenge of the gods. I would give the game overall a 7/10. Btw anyone who gives less than a 6 is either a gow legend or lying. I am an avid gow player and anyone giving 3/10 is bullshit this is not Tomb raider underworld.

I guess they give 3s and 2s because they played on easy)))

I just got a platinum and voted 5, but its somewhere between 5 and 6. Bonus play is a relief actually. Finished game on hard (god) difficulty and it was way more challenging than gow1 on normal)

Still considering that u can play on easy for platinum I give 5 instead of 7/8. 2d and 7th challenge of the titans is a pain :) But I really enjoyed the challenge of difficulty and game.

challenges of the titans are a pain in the ass and the game itself is MUCH harder than part 1... nevertheless, the trophies are easier to obtain.

i still believe people think this is easy because its achievable in no time. even people who dont struggle with the difficulty should rate this higher when they compare it to other platinums out there.

i mean, if this is a 3-4 what do you rate games like infamous? -5? ^^

I gave it a solid 5... The last challenge was pretty easy... I'd say the 2nd challenge where you have to get 10 air kills was for sure the hardest of the bunch....

I voted 4..

agreed 100 % on the 2nd challenge. it is the most difficult challenge of all, took me about 6-7 tried to get that one

difinetely a easy plat..

challenges of the titans are a pain in the ass and the game itself is MUCH harder than part 1... nevertheless, the trophies are easier to obtain.

i still believe people think this is easy because its achievable in no time. even people who dont struggle with the difficulty should rate this higher when they compare it to other platinums out there.

i mean, if this is a 3-4 what do you rate games like infamous? -5? ^^

tekken 6 for instance, Platable in a day, really easy tasks, averages a 5... but realistically its more of a 7, i mean nightmare train is a pain, and a lot of the side tasks are killer =\

Disgaea 3 for instance, Platable in around 200 hours... averages nearly a 8 with the most votes for 10... but realistically, none of the tasks are that hard... =\

half of them have a simple guide

half of them require common sense

the pirates *most of them i mean their over half* are random spawn and if you use a low item they die fast

if you level movement items you can easily do 2/3 of the golds

1 DLC piece *free in JP* makes 10 billion very easy

etc theres NOTHING HARD but the tediousness of earning them, and thats an 8 =\

As for my vote, i said a 7...

the cot is harder than the cog...

one trophy is glitched for a decent number of people *perhaps majority even* which requires a second cycle, which wouldnt be so bad but i plated 1 faster than i beat 2...

a lot of the button screens came fast out of nowhere, which can lead to an instant death or another try which gets tedious over time

the bonus playthough, is quite boring since you can get tons of perks... you can get every trophy but the cyc eyes, the urns, perhaps boss battle 3... really other than that you have to try not to get them, and a lot of the perks are useless if you just played the game looking for everything, i had more than enough orbs to cap everything and then some, so why would i want more exp orbs? etc

playing a second cycles can become annoying as HELL, there were so many tedious puzzles, and etc its hard to make a second cycle just so bleak =\

Edited by admiralvic

I'll rate it 4 with the same explanation as I rated GoW I a 5. I would have given it a 2 or 3 at it's best, but I'm trying to get the polls more accurate as I can imagine that people who aren't really used to the genre can have a difficult time with the challenges.

Anyway, I think it was easier (even though it was more time-consuming) than GoW I, so I'll give it a 4. The Challenges were much easier with the Upgraded Blade of Olympus, and you didn't have to do them in one sitting, so yeah, easier than the first game.

Or neither.

I'm no GoW legend and still gave this a 4, even though I think the challenges are easier than those in the first game, it's all about using the right strategy.

For instance, I remember having a hard time protecting the translator back in the PS2 days, now I got through it on my first try. Using the amulet of the fates as often as you can along with a fully upgraded sword of olympus clearly made a big difference.

Killing ten enemies in the air is giving some people a headache. With Icarus ascension, you can quickly launch a couple of enemies in the air, then just spam cronos' rage to finish them off. Medusas cant turn you into stone.

Anyway, Im going off topic here. I'm just saying that the challenges are less luck based, they require a good strategy and a bit of patience, that's all. Once again, It's the only trophy in the game that could be considered difficult, so I cant rate it any higher. It's far from a 7 in my opinion.