XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

View Poll Results: Rate the trophy difficulty...
1 - Very Easy 15 1.70%
2 28 3.18%
3 143 16.25%
4 267 30.34%
5 256 29.09%
6 96 10.91%
7 42 4.77%
8 12 1.36%
9 6 0.68%
10 - Very Hard 15 1.70%
Voters: 880. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2009, 07:09 AM   #21
Cauchy

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Silver   2,500 Posts   Platinum Road Map Submitter   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Submission   Helping Hand   Bright Idea!   I Beat the Staff!!!!   A+ Thread Award   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)

I gave this game a 3. If fun factored into it, I'd probably give it a 2, maybe even a 1. Provided you follow a collectible guide and play on easy, this game is cake walk. Now, I get to attack it God and Titan modes.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:05 PM   #22
j-l-0313

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthellery View Post
I gave it a solid 5... The last challenge was pretty easy... I'd say the 2nd challenge where you have to get 10 air kills was for sure the hardest of the bunch....

I voted 4..

agreed 100 % on the 2nd challenge. it is the most difficult challenge of all, took me about 6-7 tried to get that one

difinetely a easy plat..
Old 12-11-2009, 01:24 AM   #23
admiralvic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sui99 View Post

challenges of the titans are a pain in the ass and the game itself is MUCH harder than part 1... nevertheless, the trophies are easier to obtain.

i still believe people think this is easy because its achievable in no time. even people who dont struggle with the difficulty should rate this higher when they compare it to other platinums out there.

i mean, if this is a 3-4 what do you rate games like infamous? -5? ^^
tekken 6 for instance, Platable in a day, really easy tasks, averages a 5... but realistically its more of a 7, i mean nightmare train is a pain, and a lot of the side tasks are killer =\

Disgaea 3 for instance, Platable in around 200 hours... averages nearly a 8 with the most votes for 10... but realistically, none of the tasks are that hard... =\

half of them have a simple guide
half of them require common sense
the pirates *most of them i mean their over half* are random spawn and if you use a low item they die fast
if you level movement items you can easily do 2/3 of the golds
1 DLC piece *free in JP* makes 10 billion very easy
etc theres NOTHING HARD but the tediousness of earning them, and thats an 8 =\

As for my vote, i said a 7...

the cot is harder than the cog...
one trophy is glitched for a decent number of people *perhaps majority even* which requires a second cycle, which wouldnt be so bad but i plated 1 faster than i beat 2...
a lot of the button screens came fast out of nowhere, which can lead to an instant death or another try which gets tedious over time
the bonus playthough, is quite boring since you can get tons of perks... you can get every trophy but the cyc eyes, the urns, perhaps boss battle 3... really other than that you have to try not to get them, and a lot of the perks are useless if you just played the game looking for everything, i had more than enough orbs to cap everything and then some, so why would i want more exp orbs? etc
playing a second cycles can become annoying as HELL, there were so many tedious puzzles, and etc its hard to make a second cycle just so bleak =\

Last edited by admiralvic; 12-12-2009 at 12:01 AM.
admiralvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:25 PM   #24
Labartu
Super Moderator

Awards Showcase Staff - Super Moderator   Lab's THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   First PS4 Game Nights   Helping Hand   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Community Gaming Event Silver   5,000 Posts   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)

I'll rate it 4 with the same explanation as I rated GoW I a 5. I would have given it a 2 or 3 at it's best, but I'm trying to get the polls more accurate as I can imagine that people who aren't really used to the genre can have a difficult time with the challenges.

Anyway, I think it was easier (even though it was more time-consuming) than GoW I, so I'll give it a 4. The Challenges were much easier with the Upgraded Blade of Olympus, and you didn't have to do them in one sitting, so yeah, easier than the first game.

Labartu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 05:16 AM   #25
findaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phorus
Once again i managed to platinum this lastnight story wise 4/10 but i actually found challenge of the titans harder than challenge of the gods. I would give the game overall a 7/10. Btw anyone who gives less than a 6 is either a gow legend or lying. I am an avid gow player and anyone giving 3/10 is bullshit this is not Tomb raider underworld.
Or neither.

I'm no GoW legend and still gave this a 4, even though I think the challenges are easier than those in the first game, it's all about using the right strategy.

For instance, I remember having a hard time protecting the translator back in the PS2 days, now I got through it on my first try. Using the amulet of the fates as often as you can along with a fully upgraded sword of olympus clearly made a big difference.

Killing ten enemies in the air is giving some people a headache. With Icarus ascension, you can quickly launch a couple of enemies in the air, then just spam cronos' rage to finish them off. Medusas cant turn you into stone.

Anyway, Im going off topic here. I'm just saying that the challenges are less luck based, they require a good strategy and a bit of patience, that's all. Once again, It's the only trophy in the game that could be considered difficult, so I cant rate it any higher. It's far from a 7 in my opinion.
findaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:32 AM   #26
DeusCruor

Gave it a 4 due to Challenge of the Titans, but the challenge was no cake walk.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:05 PM   #27
Phorus

Don't want to burst your bubble pal but what have you actually plated as games like gow1 and gow2 are not as easy as everybody says for the average gamer.

And besides these difficulty rating are not the be all and end all because there are always pricks on the site who screw with the ratings like giving demons souls a 1/10.

Furthermore what makes think half of these people are voting honestly as many players will post a low rating to make themselves look like pro's. Whenever i give a rating for a game i vote honestly. NOTE I SAID MANY PLAYERS NOT ALL

I have played games since i was 5 or 6 and i am almost 23 the fact is people give ratings for games however no platinum is harder than the other as it counts on your ability to play the game having said that 4 is ridiculously low.

I have always tried to help others through forums with games i am very familiar with and i never complain to them no matter how many questions they ask me.

Why the hell do you think i started the threads on demons souls especially the walkthrough which is currently a work in progress. To clarify something on demons souls the REASON its says i have 300 hours of playtime is so players know the person writing the guide is EXPERIENCED would you rather have a walkthrough made by a guy who has put 10 hours into a game and has a few trophies or a player with several hundred hours and plat.

Sometimes i wonder why i am still active on this site i have no intention of winning any award or member of the month i just wanted to help others. Everytime i am on a forum i always have to JUSTIFY myself.

I am sure a mod will delete this as they have deleted others i have made which really pisses me off. I take the time to write/comment and out of nothing my post is removed.

I am certain my walkthrough will be removed if someone with more platinum trophies creates one as the moderators tend to prefer players with higher trophy levels which is why i am uncertain to continue adding to it.
Phorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:23 PM   #28
Varkovsky

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   THL Season 5 Champions - EBGobblins   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

I voted 4. Challenge of the titans was harder than challenge of the gods. As for the campaign, it's easy, just like the first one.

Varkovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:40 PM   #29
tbond22

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

I gave it a 9. I don't care what anyone says. The challenges for GOW2 are a lot harder for me then GOW1. 3 took me an hour and I am stuck on 4.
tbond22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 03:10 PM   #30
kissmyscythe

I give it a 5.5/10.The challenges wasn't as bad this time,a few were a pain though.
kissmyscythe is offline   Reply With Quote