So is there a patch for the trophy glitch now?

williebrillie666

So, I posted a similair thread in the GOW 1 thread and because this glitch affects both games I post another one here.

A few months back I was really happy I could earn all trophies again on Vita again. Untill I came in the temple of Pandora and realized my trophies were glitched out from that point onward. Nothing seemed to fix it. Only starting a new game would maybe fix it. But I didn't want to do that at that point. Now I've redoawnloaded the collection from my download list but I just wonder, did they finally have a patch for this glitch. If not, the chance is 100% I just throw these games of my Vita again. Just ain't gonna play them if there is a high probability that my trophies will glitch out again.

So anyone, has there been a patch in the months I haven't played this game?

Many thanks in advance.

No, no patch but the glitches are easy to work around. When you play either game, make sure you start the collection up after fully powering on your Vita from being fully powered off, NOT standby.

Then, as long as you NEVER let your Vita go idle, you will be fine. So only play when you know you'll be able to keep playing. Or if you have to stop for whatever reason, get to the next save point, save, then close down the game and fully power off the system.

If you have to stop playing but can't save, then you need to rubber band one of the shoulder buttons to prevent your Vita from going into power save standby. Also, never press the PS button during a session.

As I said as long as you don't go idle n continuously play through each session without ever pressing PS button or going into standby you'll be fine.

If for whatever reason you DO go into any of the above, you need to fully power down the Vita and go again. The glitches have something to do with either suspending the game by accessing it's Live Area while playing or suspending it in RAM when on standby.

Also, just to be safe and prevent the issue you had before, make multiple save files but only EVER back them up in ps+ cloud after you've just saved and are about to power down your Vita.

These all worked for me anyway.

Edited by coodybaroody

LOL:D You serious:D So much workaround for a fix. I'd rather don't have to do all these irritating steps. Makes me too nervous, and I play a game to relax;D

Then I suppose this platinum will not be mine.

Man I am about too laugh my pants of:D What a workaround fix this is, it's just enjoyable:D

• 3 weeks later...
LOL:D You serious:D So much workaround for a fix. I'd rather don't have to do all these irritating steps. Makes me too nervous, and I play a game to relax;D

Then I suppose this platinum will not be mine.

Man I am about too laugh my pants of:D What a workaround fix this is, it's just enjoyable:D

Nah, it's just actually explaining it throughly makes it LOOK complicated. Just as long as you don't ever let the game go idle, you'll be fine.

I could've just said that but I wanted to be as thorough and helpful as possible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought closing the game or powering off the vita was what caused the glitches so while playing through the first game I just left the vita in stand by all night and ended up getting everything but the speed run trophy so far. Probably wait until I have time do do this game all at once before I play it, so annoying.