Easiest god of war platinum?

x9zachattack5x

• 1 month later...

God of War 2 is the first GOW I got the platinum in...in addition to be being the second platinum I ever got. I did not have any trouble with trophies glitching on me with the PS3 version either. However, I just started my vita playthrough and I literally had the entire trophy list glitch on me. I got about 2 or 3 hours into my playthrough and realized, "hey, I haven't seen a single trophy pop!" I checked my trophies and sure enough God of War 2 vita wasn't even there. After restarting my vita it finally showed up with 0%. I had to start the game again from the beginning. I was fucking pissed.

That being said, GOW 2 is the easiest GOW platinum in my opinion. I have all of the GOW platinum trophies with the exception of GOW 1. I actually have all of the trophies in that one except for the speedrun. Which I just never went back and got because that is my least favorite GOW and I just didn't really want to play through it again. Here are the GOW games listed according to difficulty in my opinion though....

1. GOW 2 - Easiest campaign because you don't have to beat it on hard. Challenge of the Titans is a bit challenging includes one where you have to defeat a ton of enemies including a boss without taking damage.

2. GOW: Chains of Olympus - You must beat this on hard but it isn't particularly difficult and the game is very short. You may encounter a tough sequence from time to time but you shouldn't be stuck on anything for long. Challenge of the Gods is a cakewalk.

3. GOW: Ascension - You do have to beat this one on hard and there is one section toward the end on an elevator that tends to give folks some trouble but other than that it really isn't bad at all. There is no challenge arena in this one instead there is multiplayer and all you have to do is complete the tutorial.

4. GOW 1 - You DO NOT have to beat this one on hard either so the main campaign is pretty easy. You DO however have to complete a speed run of the campaign in 4 hours or less. This can lead to a lot of reloading earlier saves if you take too long in an area or if you get lost because you haven't played the game recently. The Challenge of the Gods in this one is a pain in the balls. It is very difficult and incredibly annoying.

5. GOW: Ghost of Sparta - You have to beat this one on hard as well and for some reason the campaign is filled with some rather difficult encounters on hard mode. It is pretty short though. Challenge of the Gods on this one really isn't too bad at all.

6. GOW 3 - Must beat on hard. Some of the fights can be pretty fucking tough. Especially in the beginning. Poseidon and Hades are both pretty tough boss battles on hard and the final boss, Zeus is also a pain in the ass. Challenge of Hades is also pretty fucking tough. Most challenges have a trick to them that makes things easier but there are a couple that will make you wanna pull your hair out. The challenges are not as bad as GOW 1 though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
I'd think the PSP games are the easiest but I don't know how easy they are, I played them on my PSP only. Good times. I'd say GOW 2 in the ones I've played.

The PSP ones' (CoO and GoS) platinums require beating them on hard, so trophy wise they're more difficult than GoW2. But yeah, regarding just the games they're easier on their equal difficulty.

• 6 months later...

The PSP games are the easiest, and it's not even close. In fact the Hard mode on Ghosts of Sparta is only marginally harder than the easy mode on the original God of War. Just because it says Hard doesn't mean it's harder.

I haven't started a plat try on GOW III yet, but of the ones I've played,

Ghosts<Chains<<GOW=GOW II

• 1 month later...
Ascension is the only one I have yet to try. For me, from harder to easier, platinum trophies went like this:

II > I > III > Chains of Olympus > Ghost of Sparta

I would put: I > Chains of Olympus > III > II > Ghost of Sparta.

The last boss on Chains of Olympus was stupid difficult on Hard mode. Even though it was my fastest (P), it still was pretty ridiculous. God Of War I was hard due to the challenge mode, as you have to go from beginning to end without stopping. You can restart each challenge if you fail, but challenge #10 will make you want to pull your hair out; it is that frustrating. God Of War II and III were very enjoyable for me, but have a few stupid challenges to consider. However, Ghost of Sparta can be breezed through if you have the right costume which grants unlimited magic.

Edited by x410xDragon
Added info.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd say GoW 2 and 3 if you use various exploits, the prequels are also very easy imo.

Ascension is also pretty easy even on the harder difficulty, the part I hated about the first game was that damn platform challenge with the Satyr's on challenge of the gods :mad:

Edited by Sellers

I'd say GoW 2 and 3 if you use various exploits, the prequels are also very easy imo.

Ascension is also pretty easy even on the harder difficulty, the part I hated about the first game was that damn platform challenge with the Satyr's on challenge of the gods :mad:

That challenge is probably the hardest in the series for me, it's like fighting on ice and when those bastard satyrs pick you up its an instant death.

Lucky.... Ascension is the only God of War (P) I don't have. I only have to beat it on hard...

• 1 year later...