is this one less awful?

Oisterboy

The first game had me wanting to rip my beard out a lot. So much frustrating bullshit. That box kicking room and spike pillars part almost had me quitting. I don't mind challenging puzzles or enemies, but WOW, that was cheap. I really didn't wanna even finish.

Do they have that same bs in the other games? Specifically 2, but 3 and the PSP remasters and the newer one? I like to finish a series when I begin one but I can't do another 4 games of this.

• 3 months later...

I think all the God of War games are difficult when going head on at them with no knowledge.

Button mashing won't get you far in this game. But what is often the case, is that there is usually an extremely easy way to beat each puzzle/battle.

For me though. God of War 2 was/is one of the best action adventure games ever created.

I think all the God of War games are difficult when going head on at them with no knowledge.

Button mashing won't get you far in this game. But what is often the case, is that there is usually an extremely easy way to beat each puzzle/battle.

For me though. God of War 2 was/is one of the best action adventure games ever created.

I agree wholeheartedly...I really enjoyed GoW 2 more than 1 and much more than 3. Haven't unwrapped Ascension yet. I played the first two GoWs on a PS2 several times. There were a couple frustrating parts to me but once I figured them out...it was pretty simple.

lol...man...I forgot all about the box kicking room that the OP mentioned...I spent hours in there over the several times that I played GoW. It is annoying. The spike pillars were ok for me when I realized to just take my time.

Edited by sum1_worsethan_u

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That's awesome news, I'm about to start this.

I kind of work under the assumption that older games transferred to PS3 are more annoying because games were originally made to be infuriating. Because they had less capability for length and scope in a game they just included really irritating little puzzles like the Box Spike Room to slow players down and make the game seem more broad. Because most of us are used to playing games made for the PS3 which are longer and have more ass-kicking as opposed to annoying puzzles, these kind of puzzles really can be irritating. That being said I love the God of War games. The easiest thing to do when angry at a game is turn the sound off, you'd be surprised that if you can't hear the tense music or a repetitive soundtrack you'll do much better.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This.

The 1st game is awful, i can understand why people like it because back when it released it was the first of the series, but God of War 2 improved a lot of things, and it's way more epic and memorable. I say give it a try, it's one of my favorite games ever and it's probably my favorite game in the Hack n' Slash genre.

I never had a problem in terms of difficulty, but then again i've always played on Mortal, except for the games that have trophies that ask you to beat on higher difficulties, but even then it wasn't that hard, like in God of War III, the only part that gave me trouble was the 1st stage of the Zeus fight (not really a spoiler because you just know he's going to be the final boss), the other stages of his fight were a piece of cake.