Easy 4 Wraith/2 Cyclops Win

kakihara301

On my hard playthrough, I really didn't have too many problems. Until the 4 Keres Wraiths and 2 Armored Cyclops fight in Death Trap. I was probably stuck for an hour before I started looking for help. Found a trick that makes it laughably easy. You will only get hit once by a Cyclops until all the wraiths are dead.

Credit goes to WingedMasamune at GameFaqs.

As soon as the blue walls go up, head back to where you came in. Go right up to the blue wall. Block. The wraiths won't hit you. The cyclops will come to you. Block his attacks. You MAY get hit once by him. Now, STAY RIGHT UP AGAINST THE BLUE WALL!!! The cyclops will stand there, doing nothing. The wraiths will not hit you. Now, switch to Arms of Sparta and start throwing spears at the Wraiths. Easy peasy. They will die shortly. Now, all you have to worry about is 2 easy cyclops, one at a time!

Hope this helps. And if anyone needs clarification, lemme know.

Edited by kakihara301

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe you can roll away from the cyclop's stomp attack as long as you're behind the blue line on the floor. Then you can jump up while in the down left corner facing the corner and press :triangle: while holding :r1: to take out the cyclop's armor. I've seen someone do this with the jumping, but I'm not sure it works. The other thing works awesome though.

While talking about making things easy, anyone knows if the little glitch in Nexus of Atlantis works? The one to skip the battle with the two Geryons. In the PSP version you can hug the right wall and jump towards the stairs and use Hyperion Charge to land on the stairs. I haven't got the game from Zavvi yet, so I haven't been able to test...:rolleyes:

Edited by OstKakan

I believe you can roll away from the cyclop's stomp attack as long as you're behind the blue line on the floor. Then you can jump up while in the down left corner facing the corner and press :triangle: while holding :r1: to take out the cyclop's armor. I've seen someone do this with the jumping, but I'm not sure it works. The other thing works awesome though.

While talking about making things easy, anyone knows if the little glitch in Nexus of Atlantis works? The one to skip the battle with the two Geryons. In the PSP version you can hug the right wall and jump towards the stairs and use Hyperion Charge to land on the stairs. I haven't got the game from Zavvi yet, so I haven't been able to test...:rolleyes:

They should work, atleast those skips work on first collection (1&2) where you could speed run the game in +1h using them

btw im now at the spot but this is not working, or cyclop wont hit me but wraiths are still all over me but still managed to clear it

Edited by Figma

This does work. I just tried it and thanked the sweet baby jesus (and you) when I flew past the bars. I was not enjoying this fight.

Where is this part? Near the end of the game?

EDIT: LOL. Im a noob on this type of games, i just reach this spot. And i beat it at the 1st attempt without using that trick you say. I dont have any problems with this figth, its very easy for me. I dont understand why all of you say this is really hard.

Edited by Mastodon

Tried it and this is what happenes to me every time:

Cyclops comes, stomps, hits the wraiths, they burrow, I can't move because the Cyclops is in the way, they grab me, the Cyclops grabs me and I am pissed off as hell.

And seriously. This has to be the hardest fight in the game. To the above poster: I can't see how you couldn't have problems with it. Everything there just grabs me all the time making me want to throw my controller out of the window...

This type of enemy has to have the worst design out of all the enemies in any of the GoW games.

First of all they shouldn't be able to burrow. Secondly they shouldn't be able to grab. And even if they can grab you should be able to prevent that damage by tapping L1 and R1.

One of the worst things in video games is when you have to wait and can't do anything. I really can see what the developers were thinking:

"Hm... we've got ourselves a good game, but maybe it's too good? I know, let's add some enemies that piss off the player."

- "WOW, great idea!!!"

Seriously...

edit: I got it by the way by jumping and spamming L1 + R1 + Square all the time.

Edited by Zelos

As soon as the fight starts back up into the blue wall and keep L1 pressed down so u block all the wraiths attacks then when they and the cyclops stops hitting u switch to Arms of Sparta and take out the wraiths with your spears, after they are gone killing the cyclops is easy

Tried it and this is what happenes to me every time:

Cyclops comes, stomps, hits the wraiths, they burrow, I can't move because the Cyclops is in the way, they grab me, the Cyclops grabs me and I am pissed off as hell.

And seriously. This has to be the hardest fight in the game. To the above poster: I can't see how you couldn't have problems with it. Everything there just grabs me all the time making me want to throw my controller out of the window...

This type of enemy has to have the worst design out of all the enemies in any of the GoW games.

First of all they shouldn't be able to burrow. Secondly they shouldn't be able to grab. And even if they can grab you should be able to prevent that damage by tapping L1 and R1.

One of the worst things in video games is when you have to wait and can't do anything. I really can see what the developers were thinking:

"Hm... we've got ourselves a good game, but maybe it's too good? I know, let's add some enemies that piss off the player."

- "WOW, great idea!!!"

Seriously...

edit: I got it by the way by jumping and spamming L1 + R1 + Square all the time.

I dont have any problem with this fight. I did on my 1st attempt, and i dont know it this is the most hard in the game. For me isnt. Wht i did is, chose Arms of Sparta, double jump and spam :r1: + :square: and Kratos launch the spear. So they cant beat me. And spam with Scourge of Erinys to gain life. I finish this fight with half of my life.

Sorry for my English.

may someone please post a video on how to do this glitch works?

Edited by apici

On my hard playthrough, I really didn't have too many problems. Until the 4 Keres Wraiths and 2 Armored Cyclops fight in Death Trap. I was probably stuck for an hour before I started looking for help. Found a trick that makes it laughably easy. You will only get hit once by a Cyclops until all the wraiths are dead.

Credit goes to WingedMasamune at GameFaqs.

As soon as the blue walls go up, head back to where you came in. Go right up to the blue wall. Block. The wraiths won't hit you. The cyclops will come to you. Block his attacks. You MAY get hit once by him. Now, STAY RIGHT UP AGAINST THE BLUE WALL!!! The cyclops will stand there, doing nothing. The wraiths will not hit you. Now, switch to Arms of Sparta and start throwing spears at the Wraiths. Easy peasy. They will die shortly. Now, all you have to worry about is 2 easy cyclops, one at a time!

Hope this helps. And if anyone needs clarification, lemme know.

Thanks for this. It helpedca shit load!

• 2 weeks later...

I found this simple as hell and did after my 2nd go and wasn't far off on the 1st attempt all I did was run to cyclops spawn point then hit :up: over and over 3 wraiths died and 1 cyclops I then killed the other wraith in 3 hits of :square: whilst on fire (:r1:) then just killed lastt cyclops simple i lost like half a cm of health that was it