Which do you guys think is harder?

Jameezy216

I bought God of war origins today. I decided to start chains of olympus first for some reason and it's pretty good so far. I'm playing on hard mode and right now it doesn't really seem that hard. When I get to Ghost of Sparta am I in for a huge wake up call? Just trying to prepare myself mentally since I will probably plat Olympus later on today. Thanks fellow trophy hunters. :)

Storywise Chains of Olympus happened before GOW1 and Ghost of Sparta happened between GOW1 and GOW2. IMHO the controls for Ghost are better since the game is technically newer. But neither of then are difficult at all. I suppose the challenges on Chains are a bit more tedious tho. But nevertheless, both are good games :D

I don't see how Chain of Olympus is harder than Ghost of Sparta. Only the first part of the final boss is the only hard part of the game.

Keres Wraiths & Fire birds are more annoying than any normal enemies.

Sorry sorry, my bad,after I saw your comment I said who wrote that? & it was me:rolleyes:, well I fixed it already.

http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/10/Shidori90.png

I found CoO way harder than GoS. I completed both games in about the same time on Hard, but I had more trouble with CoO by far. That final boss battle in GoS was a complete joke. By far the easiest final boss I have encountered in the entire series. I even had more trouble killing Wraiths.

The challenges on CoO were a nightmare considering there were only 5 of them. I've only completed one challenge on GoS so I cant really comment on them.

The challenges on CoO were a nightmare considering there were only 5 of them.

You mean they were a breeze? The challenge where you need to break everything seems the hardest one for me. The last battle is okay.

I am about to start GoS challenges, hopefully they won't give me a headache (like the one bumping enemies in GoW3).

Wow, The challenges in Ghost are a joke, so easy.

There was one that i wasnt sure of, It was the one where you had to smash the box, after seeing the correct technique i beat it first time.

The grind to buy everything is annoying, but still this is the Easiest God of War game to Play, still very enjoyable though. Glad to have all five now.

Wow, The challenges in Ghost are a joke, so easy.

There was one that i wasnt sure of, It was the one where you had to smash the box, after seeing the correct technique i beat it first time.

The grind to buy everything is annoying, but still this is the Easiest God of War game to Play, still very enjoyable though. Glad to have all five now.

The grind only takes about 10 min with God armor+king's ring equipped. And you can leave your controller there with "up" held tight. So it's zero effort.

well i hope so as to be honest i feel like i just finished detuned,...that psn effort i (maybe others?) bought just to bump up their trophy level...my excuse was i'd only just begun,...still it's a bit embarrassing,....i'm not like some members of this site though...you know loads of plats and starting every game on the highest difficulty,...whish i was half as good,..i do want more of a challange from this one though,..but no god mode ones,lol...probably because i got my plat in GOW3 ,which for me was hard,...(imo) all the HD re-releases have been so easy,...still totally outstanding games/stories, which is why i'd (personally) like to be able to have more respect if i earned their plats,...i hope i ain't sounding like a knob or that by saying this?....anyway am off to give ghost a go, Still Hoping for a GOW4 though...

You mean they were a breeze? The challenge where you need to break everything seems the hardest one for me. The last battle is okay.

Not for me. I spent about 7 hours dying throughout the 5 challenges. Those were easily the hardest challenges on the series for me.

this might be the best place to ask this without starting a new topic.

how hard are these on Very hard compared to GoW 1-3 on Hard mode? i had a lot of trouble with part 3 on Hard mode against Zeus, both fights. i am wondering if these are easier or just as hard.

i played the PSP version but i think these would be easier with the dodge mapped to the right analog.

I am asking this since to get 2 of the costumes you have to beat them on the hardest difficulties and me being a perfectionist i would have to go for those.

thanks in advance for the replies

So far i would say Gos as i have actually died more than a couple times! Only by the little blue guys with shields, not far into the game i dont think, anyone have any tips for these as i didnt seem to hurt them and couldnt be ased so gave up after a couple deaths cos you have to watcch the cut scene every time after?

if you mean the guys after the scene where a soldier is holding onto half of his mates? body ? ...then thats easy...just break the shields with fireblade and you can deal with them easily,....,same applies to any other shielded or armoured enemy...or even just a enemy thats giving you trouble i suppose?....though i'm not sure how much more, if any damage that will do...obviously if you allready know that and that wasn't the part you meant then please just ignore my advice,...as i'm not that far into it myself just yet.

Personally I found Chains of Olympus harder, it seemed to me in Ghost of Sparta they gave out way too many health & magic chests, like damn near after every fight!! I passed by so many cause I already had full health & magic & barely died. Only trouble I had in Ghost of Sparta was the 4 wraith/2 cyclops fight & the unscathed challenge.

Dunno, in Chains it seemed like the health & magic chests I actually needed most of them when they came & the fights in the tower of persephony were a pain as was that 2nd challenge.

I realised after my earlier post how easy these guys were to beat lol, just couldnt be ased because of the cut scene everytime you die, but i would say this is alot harder than the chains, i thought every part of chains was easy and this one i always seem to die when i have to watch a cut scene again!!

There were a few spots on Chains that were tricky and took me several tries, but Ghost has been harder for me so far. That said, both games have made me want to tear my hair out. I loved the first 3 GoW games and really enjoyed getting the plats, but these games have had some seriously frustrating moments. Most of the frustration comes from the tight fixed camera angles and enemies flying at you from off-screen. It drives me crazy when the fight is hard because I can't see what's going on and can't control the camera.