Rate the trophy difficulty...  

403 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_4.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 4.20

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Darth_Krid

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd give it a 4.

I got my platinum today, in about 11 hours. On Hard difficulty there are some tough spots, but once you get the hang of it, it flies by. I missed the 30 second Golden Chest and the 1 minute Titan scream trophies in my playthrough, so I had to waste 1,5/2 hours more to get those..

After platinuming the game, I'm rating this a 4. Hard Mode can be rough at times and the Unscathed level in Challenge Arena is tough but with persistence, you will prevail.

Any combat related trophy (1000 hit combo, 500 incinerate kills, etc) can be done in the combat arena after beating the story mode.

The Godly Possessions, Gorgon Eyes, Phoenix Feathers & Minotaur Horns aren't hard to find and most of them can be found in plain sight.

Its a shame that the 6th Godly possession requires you to spend 1 million orbs in the Temple of Zeus. But at least the red orbs are grindable in the Combat Arena.

The only frustrating trophy in this game is Make Her Scream because it requires you to get into a good rhythm. It took a while for me to figure out how to get that trophy.

Overall, Ghost of Sparta is platinumable within 2-3 days.

I got the plat today. I agree with the rest. It's a solid 4. My first playthrough was on hard and it was a bit more difficult than Chains of Olympus. Just a little bit. There were some spots where it was tricky.

I do have to say that the Challenge of the Gods weren't very difficult in the least bit. As a matter of fact they were quite easy, both Ares and Athena challenges. Now I have all 5 GOW plats. :)

4 seems fair. Harder than chains of olympus because there arent as many cheap exploits for enemies and bosses, but easier because the blades are more powerful (i felt better about blowing all my orbs up front on the blades and the fire, knowing i wont be getting a better weapon later. on chains i saved up 14000 for the gauntlet before i even got it).

also, the magic was lacking until the erysis or whatever one (left on dpad). that things awesome.

@Kieben I missed those as well. Rather than look for saves nearby from my Hard playthrough I just pimped out my Kratos with all of the godly possessions and tore through it on normal difficulty. Could have saved time sure but I had a great time on the second play as well so I didn't mind one bit. Great games with fairly quick(10 hrs each give or take an hour) and enjoyable platinums.

3-4 sounds about right. I find this Ghost of sparta a lot easier than chains of olympus. The challenges were also very easy and those 1000-hit trophies and others can be gotten in the arena easily instead of in the playthrough like u have to in Chains of olympus.

Overall , great to have all 5 gow plats :dance:

I gave it a 4 also. Out of all the GOW games this one by far has the worst camera to deal with. It also has the most annoying enemy to deal with, freaking wraiths. Hard mode was made easy by excessive health chests. 2 of Ares challenges can be difficult, and Athena challenges are a great relief.

http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/9/bebop87ss.png

Edited by bebop87ss
signature

I just platinumed GoS 5 minutes ago and I'm giving it a 6/10.

IMO, CoO was way harder (which I gave a 9). There were some rough areas in this game, but the reason for the 6 was that ridiculously easy final boss battle (easiest in the series) and those "challenges". I beat those in less than an hour and some were a complete joke. I needed to do a quick playthrough (less than 2 hours into the game) to get a trophy I missed and one relic, but I could do those on easy so it was simple.

5 God of War plats look absolutely beautiful (it was my 10th plat). I'm now set up in case a GoW 4 is ever made. :)

Edited by JH1

I just platinumed GoS 5 minutes ago and I'm giving it a 6/10.

IMO, CoO was way harder (which I gave a 9). There were some rough areas in this game, but the reason for the 6 was that ridiculously easy final boss battle (easiest in the series) and those "challenges". I beat those in less than an hour and some were a complete joke. I needed to do a quick playthrough (less than 2 hours into the game) to get a trophy I missed and one relic, but I could do those on easy so it was simple.

5 God of War plats look absolutely beautiful (it was my 10th plat). I'm now set up in case a GoW 4 is ever made. :)

How can you give a God of War game a 9 in difficulty?

This rating is reserved for games like Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Super Street Fighter IV and WipEout HD (which is my hardest platinum).

For me, CoO is no more than a 4 on difficulty.

Can't say that about GoS because i still didn't play it, i'm platinuming CoO, but i expect it to be easy after seeing all those "4" ratings in this poll.

This rating is reserved for games like Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Super Street Fighter IV and WipEout HD (which is my hardest platinum).

Can't say that about GoS because i still didn't play it, i'm platinuming CoO, but i expect it to be easy after seeing all those "4" ratings in this poll.

You just answered your own question.

Maybe, he is a casual gamer, as are millions of other PS3 owners.

It's the same with other daily stuffs you encounter. You may think that the burger they serve at the bar right across you may be a 8/10, but how can you say that when you haven't tasted them from 99.99% of places in the world?

I gave it a 3 out of 10. This one slight harder than the COP one but I still found it easy and the Challenge of the Gods literally only took me 49 minutes.

Not bad for an 11 hour platinum. Was a fun game to play. And I loved how it was the setting for God of War 2 that lead up to 3.