Cheap Ass A.I.

This is one of the cheapest f*cking games I have ever played. And I am only on the beginning. On the elevator with the multiple enemys with double swords. I love hitting a enemy 50 times to his hitting me twice and all my life is gone!!

Oh and blocking, it never works. Not to mention if I do get past those assholes I have a cheap mini-boss at the end.

This game is shite. Ready at Dawn can kiss my hairy bean bag.

Blocking, dodging and fighting while in the air all helped me. The only real issue I had was the camera - being hit or frozen by an enemy off-screen was a bit annoying. Oh, and I wish they had more boss battles, but that's just me.

Overall, I was really impressed by the PSP ports. Good games!

Edited by DieSpawnDieAgain

No disrespect but considering that nobody describes any similar problems with that part the only options are that your copy of the game is glitched (which would most unfortunate) or that you're not really playing it right (in which case I'd suggest to step back, take a break and try again when you cooled down a little).

• 4 weeks later...

Well, if it's about the guys with the double red glowing swords: as long as you constanly block, they can't hit you. Then, when NONE of the guys swords is glowing red, grab the one nearest by with :circle:. Rinse and repeat, takes a lot of time, but is the best way to handle this guys if you're struggling with them.

• 2 months later...
Little translation for who didn't understand: se7en tries to tell us he sucks ass at God of War and thus hates the game, instead of improving his skills to tackle his problem. I really can't imagine how hard an actual difficult game would prove on you...

Well said, very well said. Lol, effin' awesome translation.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This is one of the cheapest f*cking games I have ever played. And I am only on the beginning. On the elevator with the multiple enemys with double swords. I love hitting a enemy 50 times to his hitting me twice and all my life is gone!!

Oh and blocking, it never works. Not to mention if I do get past those assholes I have a cheap mini-boss at the end.

He's probably talking about the Temple of Helios. Where you get on the elevator and the Fire Guards start attacking. Really not that hard at all...Dodge their first attack, Square, Square, Triangle to knock them in the air, than spam Circle.

I never thought I would see someone post or talk about how "hard" Chains of Olympus is. :eek:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
He's probably talking about the Temple of Helios. Where you get on the elevator and the Fire Guards start attacking. Really not that hard at all...Dodge their first attack, Square, Square, Triangle to knock them in the air, than spam Circle.

I never thought I would see someone post or talk about how "hard" Chains of Olympus is. :eek:

are you playing this on easy? im playing on hard and im having just as much trouble, ive platinumed 1 2 and ghost of sparta easily, but this one spot is brutal, its totaly random when they are effected by hits, and blackoes does not work most of the time, and they can hit you nomatter what your doing, and the reason i asked if your playing on easy is because you say square square triangle, and circle? whats circle doing, you have to hit them with more then 2 full combos before you can grab them, you just bounce off on hard

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah not going to lie I though this Tread was of importance maybe so i know what problems or issues the game has but after doing a first play though and not having any real issues and reading the first post i realized that this guy is out of his mind and really that i did not read to much more in this tread because I'm sure we all have figured out that this game well is easy.

So moving on to read other treads.

Collipso

• 9 months later...

The reason this game feels cheap is because the game is from last gen. Whilst it was/is a great challenge, most of the time the challenge came from cheap tactics and the distance in how far you could be hit from.

The last part is hard to explain but I will try. You look at FIFA games now. You head or kick the ball and in slow motion you can see the ball touching the body part which hits it. Last gen you do the same thing and the ball is probably a good inch from actual contact. This was down to the tech the devs had available.

So on this game when it looks like your miles from damage but still getting hit, its because of the old tech. Even with a HD paint job, the game is still old tech. Thus the cheap feeling to you.

Cheers you just helped me because thats where I just got to lol.

I think some of the difficulty can come from what you wouldn't expect to be able to do. Take the Basilisk. Not for one moment would I have thought I could block its bite attack. I was dodging and rolling and getting hit even when it was no where near. Its only when I hit block by accident that I found out lol.

• 2 weeks later...

This game is fucking garbage. I would snap the bitch in half if I could. It's sad this us part of the GOW series. The graphics are nowhere as good as I & II, the UI is bullshit, and it the drabbest, most dull looking game I've ever played. I guess green, red, & shit, were the only colors available. Also, a vegetable could have been more creative; fight enemies, go through the opening no longer blocked by a red demon, progress 50 feet, repeat. FUCK.

• 3 weeks later...
are you playing this on easy? im playing on hard and im having just as much trouble, ive platinumed 1 2 and ghost of sparta easily, but this one spot is brutal, its totaly random when they are effected by hits, and blackoes does not work most of the time, and they can hit you nomatter what your doing, and the reason i asked if your playing on easy is because you say square square triangle, and circle? whats circle doing, you have to hit them with more then 2 full combos before you can grab them, you just bounce off on hard

I only ever play God of war on Hard. What I meant was, square square triangle knocks them in the air. When they are in the air spam Circle to grab them with your chains and slam them to the ground. Usually around 4 slams will put the O prompt above their head to finish them off (if you want), or you can just slam him one more time to kill him.

• 4 months later...

I can concur that the game feels cheap at times. I can also admit that I'm probably pretty bad at it. BUT. I only suck at it because I'm used to better games. This game is fucking garbage.

This is the umpteenth HDcollection I've bought that has left me sorely disappointed. The only good HDremaster that has been released is FFX. The others really show their age in gameplay-mechanics. I'm actually fearful of buying Ascension now that I'm afraid my GoWmemories are in fact studded with zirconium and not diamonds.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

To all who say this game is easy I would love to know what version of the game you are playing because it's not mine.

The controls suck, the camera sucks and the ai is absolute bullshit completely ignoring the games own rules. The other games are hard by design this is just because of nonsense. Inb4 "git gud" I've done all God of wars so far on titan/god/whateververyhardis so it's not like I'm new or untrained in the series. It's just this game it's cheap as fuck. End rant.