last boss on hard

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't evade, parry. Her first form is easily the hardest.

Parry when she rushes you, dodge her rock throw, which isn't all that difficult, you don't even have to roll.

Then spam R1 + Square.

After 6 or so hits she'll throw the rock at you, doge again and continue spamming R1 + Square until your magic bar is depleted.

Then continue the strategy except, instead of spamming R1 + Square after the rock throw, attack with Blades or a charged punch, whichever method you prefer.

Also be sure not to get too close to her while attacking or she'll double punch.

After the bar is about halfway down you'll get a checkpoint then have to do some QTE. After that it's pretty much a piece of cake.

That was my method at least.

Just finished the fight in hard. For me , The attack where she lunged at you with green glowing claws , parrying it instead of dodging is ALOT easier and safer. The rocks , roll left/right and straight after try slashing her with hitx2 or 3 .. lastly , just make sure u stay as far from her as possible .. slash her from as far as your blades will allow. Really easy after u figure out her pattern..And before that i thought she was harder than zeus on chaos as well haha

After many attempts, I worked to use the fists of Zeus and stay near it, and be very attentive when he attacks, block it twice and then attack with their fists and repeat, careful when throwing the stone as well.

When she have half of life, there is a checkpoint and the following is MUCH easier. ;)

Yes, I cannot stress this enough. The Blades of Chaos are pretty much crap against her, as they're too slow and deals very little damage. Use the Gaunlets if you aren't already.

It took me like 20 times before I figured out her pattern. Using a combination of parrying, magic spam, and the gloves eventually gave me a victory.

Stand there. Her fists glow green and she's about to charge you. You need to perform a "parry" block (perfect timing), then hit square for a mini-cyclone of chaos. You need to stay right on her ass by either not moving and letting her push you around or move right on her. By doing this, she will ONLY attack you with the easily blockable "green fists" attack again & again. You need to perform this about 80 times or something in order to get her down enough health so that the next part of the battle will happen, which is mash L+R until they disappear, then the context sensitive Atlas part, then she plays a little game of "catch" with Kratos as you wander in circles around the room. At first you will have to only reflect (parry) one green ball, but then that number goes up to 2, 3, then 4. Once she's hanging off the pillar, double-jump and give her the ol' salami...errr... cyclone of chaos 3 times. After that, it's back to playing catch with her, and NOT doing it on the glowing sun spot on the floor. When she's lying on the floor with barely any life left and a cloud of black & green gas around her, finally step on the golden sun spot, and hold L while you spam circle for a couple seconds until the red "O" marker in the bottom-left of the screen disappears. After that, there's only one final context-sensitive sequence left. Good luck.

After finally beating her I don't get why I had so much trouble lol. It really isn't difficult you just have to take your time.

I think my biggest gripe is that you only get a bronze trophy for beating her. Shouldn't the last boss of the game get you a silver at least? They gave a silver for dieing three times and having to watch that cut scene (cool story bro.) That doesn't make sense to me.

Im stuck on this and so far i just cant see how people are voting this game as 3/10

It comes down to the atttack pattern of Persephone. I died 4-5 times during this fight, but on my fifth one, I nailed it without even taking any damage. It might be a good idea to check out youtube, where people are doing "No Damage" playthroughs.

It comes down to the attack pattern of Persephone. I died 4-5 times during this fight, but on my fifth one, I nailed it without even taking any damage. It might be a good idea to check out youtube, where people are doing "No Damage" playthroughs.

I just finished it actually on my 5th try, the first part was only hard one and frustrating because you need to watch cutscenes again and again.

she telegraphs her rock throw quite well. she jumps backwards before doing this so you can see it coming. and she throws the rock where you were before she jumps backwards. So when you see her jump back move two steps to the side and she wont hit you.

use the gauntlets of zeus, and save your magic for the second half of the fight which is much much easier (provided you're somewhat decent and reflecting ranged attacks back).

and as people said, parry her first attack where she glows green. If you successfully do this she almost always jumps backwards and throws the rock.

I found this fight damn hard the first attempt or two, but once i noticed she telegraphs the rock throw i made it through without getting hit.

For the first part, I found it easiest to double jump, and use the Tartarus Rage (http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/images/smilies/L_1.png + http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/images/smilies/Triangle18x18.png). I actually got a combo of 120, and didn't get hit :) It's pretty powerful as well.

This is great advice for anyone struggling with this fight, i used this tactic and hardly lost any health :)

Two things.

1. You can skip all cutscenes by pressing square and X.

2. If you get close, press square square with Gauntlet of Zeus and then jump back when she tries to hit you trice, rince and repeat, she will never hit you and fight is easy as pie. As others said, if she swoops in, just double jump, or throw a rock, just walk casually away from it, haha.

Got it on my second try on hard on my first playthrough. I just spammed Zeus Fists and immediately after used Efreet (it makes you invincible) and since after 2-3 Zeus fists hits she would attack me the Efreet would usually get in a fair amount of damage and negate her punches and the rock throw.

Once you get the timing right dodging her rock throws and parrying her attacks it's not that dificult though it did take some practice I wound up parrying and just hitting her with a couple of punches with the gauntlet, anymore that that and you gotta have super quick reflexes to parry up close to her, so hit fast and dodge.