35 Gigs!!!! holy jesus crackers!

shathe

i just finished yakuza 4 and was so happy to get my 22 gigs back. ...then i bought this on sale. WoW. that's 70 gigs to install. looks like this one goes on the back burner.

Yeah..... I cleared off Bioshock 2 and Assassin's Creed Liberation HD and had like 22 gigs open. Bought game saw how much space it was, went back and cleared another 40 gigs from my Game Utilities on things I'm not going to revisit. Had 60+ gigs but still got the "not enough free space message" so wtf. This cant be right so I trouble shoot, delete more, restart system, etc. Screw it, switch to my girlfriends newer, emptier system and start downloading..... Here's where it gets funnier.

Start download 35 GB around 630pm, it finishes it's morphine drip some time after the sun came after my Girlfriend left for work at 6am. I wake up at 1030am today and go to install it. Still not installed before I leave for work at 11:45. Get home at like 830pm and fire it up, GAME ON!!!!...... No just kidding, needs an update. it's now 1030 at night, on day 2 and I'm still only 5/9 the way through the updates. Yeah, 9 updates. All huge.

I'm not playing this till after work tomorrow afternoon, am I?

Usually I agree 100%, except $8 was extremely appealing. And It's the only GoW game I didn't play yet. Not that that $8 is all too enjoyable right now.

at update 6 of 9 now. 907MB, 39 percent to go before installation. 55% for total update completion.

Well $8 is certainly a steal so I can't blame you! Sucks you have to wait forever though :(

Just hope something like a power outage happens when you are installing updates so you have to do it all over again :p

D: dear god man the universe heard you! And it doesn't need any fresh ideas!

Actually it just hit a speed spurt after everyone else stopped using the bandwidth on Hulu and Netflix so It's installing the last part now. Still... Gotta work at 7am (in 6 hours) so I'm calling it a night........ Maybe after I see if there are no other surprises, lol

D: dear god man the universe heard you! And it doesn't need any fresh ideas!

Actually it just hit a speed spurt after everyone else stopped using the bandwidth on Hulu and Netflix so It's installing the last part now. Still... Gotta work at 7am (in 6 hours) so I'm calling it a night........ Maybe after I see if there are no other surprises, lol

I'll be praying for no mishaps :p I gotta get to bed myself. I gotta wake up early for work tomorrow soon too :francis:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yea, try living out in the sticks and having to use DSL :( I have the fastest package that the only ISP offers (5.12Mbps down .75Mbps up) :(

I started this download day of release for PS+ 08.04 and it ran straight downloading and finished up today around 11-12am then had to install it, then got the 9 updates.... I'm still waiting lol on 4/9 ...guess I'll finally see this game tomorrow

Yes you do still need it but all digital games that need an Online Pass, will have it pre-installed with the game :).

Well damn, I can get a copy down the street for like 10 bucks used. Maybe I just try and download it then but my PS3 takes forever to download games. Thanks for the in for Terminator.

Well damn, I can get a copy down the street for like 10 bucks used. Maybe I just try and download it then but my PS3 takes forever to download games. Thanks for the in for Terminator.

You could try to download the online pass (mine installed before the rest of the game started downloading) then see if it works with the disc version.

Took me around 4 hours to download and what seems like just as long to install... why is this game so large?

Started the download at around 5pm EST and have not turned the PS3 off... still not playing the game. :( Finally installed the game just to get hit with another 9 update downloads totaling over 3GBs.

Edited by NowEat05