okay so hard mode is too hard :|

Morpha

okay seriously wtf. i am like on chapter 5 on hard and i have never played a god of war game this hard. even titan mode in the other games were easier than this hard mode. i literally keep dying, and all this camera moving around is not helping.

honestly, this is taking the fun out of the game for me, and if i am not having fun playing the game then it is not worth the platinum. if i continue to have trouble i will just move over to normal and completely disregard trophies for this game.

/end rant

(also does this game restore health when you keep dying like in previous games?)

Edited by Morpha

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stick with it I thought this when I was on chapter 10 I had a rant on the bitching thread but it gets easier. Just use the collectible guides to get your gorgon eyes and feathers and upgrade your blades. Once you get your orkos stone that slows down enemy's upgrade ASAP it makes life so much easier and the stone that makes a decoy aswell can't stress enough how important these stones are. Hope this helps.

Well this is definitely not what is happening. I have died countless numbers of times, and never come back with full health. I need to uninstall whichever patch did this.

I have the latest patch installed and ive been coming back with full health when i die, im not sure why you arent... Or maybe its just in boss battles?

• 3 weeks later...

Learn the enemies attack ..... know when to dodge .... know when is the opportunity to attack ..... and more importantly know when to stop attack and go back to evasion (failing this step is what got me killed 80% of the time :p ) ..... it's not that hard to read the enemies attack pattern in this game, keep calm, you shall persevere ......

Oh yeah and abuse Amulet of Uroboros and Orkos OathStone as much as you can during combat, you won't regret it ....

Edited by doomgun

Ok so hard mode is REALLY pissing me off I am stuck on the Ice of Poseidon Trial and I keep getting gang raped and die in 2 secs or I'm blocking indefinitely the ice blades are the WEAKEST weapons!!!

You know you dont have to use the ice blades in that part right? Also use some magic from the fire of ares and you should be able to clear em out pretty quick.

Won't let me change to fire

Edit: Also has anyone noticed the subtitles are wrong in places.

Edit edit: I just did the ice of poseidon trial (hard mode) by grab and throw spamming....fell like I took the easy way but hey what ever works.

Edited by lothaer

Won't let me change to fire

Edit: Also has anyone noticed the subtitles are wrong in places.

Edit edit: I just did the ice of poseidon trial (hard mode) by grab and throw spamming....fell like I took the easy way but hey what ever works.

Hmmm thats wierd it let me switch weapons... But i was i gonna suggest the grab n throw strategy but im glad you got by it finally.

Im a huge GoW fan and though I enjoyed Ascension I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed after my normal difficulty play through, especially after GoWIII. I've left it a couple of months and now im doing my hard play through and Im enjoying it much more. I find its often like that with my most anticipated games. Once my own hype for it has died down i go back and replay it on a harder setting and less expectation and i enjoy it so much more.

Really come on guys it was a cake walk i played all GOWs and this is not hard at all

Well not everyone posses your skill level :p and i can see how some would have trouble in this game or any GoW on a hard setting, everyones diff and it takes awhile for some to learn the game. If it was so easy then this thread wouldnt exsist and everyone would have the plat. Try to be respectful towards your fellow gamers ;)

Well not everyone posses your skill level :p and i can see how some would have trouble in this game or any GoW on a hard setting, everyones diff and it takes awhile for some to learn the game. If it was so easy then this thread wouldnt exsist and everyone would have the plat. Try to be respectful towards your fellow gamers ;)

It's called hard, it's supposed to be. If it's too hard, just play on easy or normal/medium/whatever-the-hell-it's-called.

Hard mode is hard? Wow, I wonder if the difficulty has anything to do with how they named it...

And no, it isn't that hard. I think this is one of the easier "hard" modes.

It's called hard, it's supposed to be. If it's too hard, just play on easy or normal/medium/whatever-the-hell-it's-called.

Hard mode is hard? Wow, I wonder if the difficulty has anything to do with how they named it...

And no, it isn't that hard. I think this is one of the easier "hard" modes.

I've played loads of games on hard, some I found easy, others not. Personally I too find it hard as does OP. there may be a game we find easy on hard and you don't.

Need to relax, mate.

I've played loads of games on hard, some I found easy, others not. Personally I too find it hard as does OP. there may be a game we find easy on hard and you don't.

Need to relax, mate.

Medal of Honor hard comes to mind there!

I haven't started my Hard playthrough yet but I'm not the best at GoW or similar games so I have a feeling I will struggle, will probably resort to spamming all the buttons and cursing on a regular basis. :whistle: