Rate the trophy difficulty...  

400 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

diff_plat_45.png 

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 4.56

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Viper

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting poll votes so far. I voted a 4 out of 10. Nothing difficult expect for the Trial of Archemedes which took me three tries. You can still spam enemies like in other previous GoWs games. I missed only two trophies on my hard playthrough which were Swinger and Lupe Up. I forgotten to get the club at the end of chapter 18 which is no big deal with the chapter select. As for Lupe Up, I screw myself out of getting it on my first playthrough because I made a backup save which just in case which wasn't a good thing to do. :p

Didn't really matter since chapter select easily gives you any clean up trophies. The MP trophy was a short and easy and only took 5 minutes to compete the training tutorial.

All in all, my Hard Playthrough was 10 hours and 35 minutes. I died for like 1+ hour and online was another plus 5 minutes. Making a platinum time of about 12 hours.

Nothing too bad here for GoW vets. I died a lot at the start but it got way easier as you upgrade and get stronger. I found plenty of Gorgon's Eyes and Phoenix Feathers and subsequently got Fully Loaded on my first 1st playthrough, you just have to find all the chests you can. The Trials of Archimedes only took me a few tries. Lame that all the attention this game got was for a trophy name and a part that isn't really that tough. Took me 17 hrs.

Edited by Jeevz

4/10 for me. My first playthrough on Easy didnt present my problems and I used that playthrough to get all the trophies, except Hard. On Hard the only times I died a lot were on the Manticore fight in Chapter 5 and the Trials in a chapter 28. But with a good strategy for both they were very possible to beat.

I honestly don't see how the fuck you get a 2 or 3 with this game? A 2 and 3 is a Disney game or an on rails game, games where you basically never die or fail. This is NOT a game where you die < 5 times the whole time. If this is a 2 please tell me what makes this different from Hanna Montana? I mean if they're the same difficulty what's the difference? And please tell me whats a 5 and 10 game?

/:rant:

On topic I game it a 5. I have all the GOW plats and nothing is as hard as Zeus on Titan in GOW III. But I still don't see how this game is easier than Kung Fu Panda or Madagascar so I can't give it a 3 because its obvious by the near 10 threads about the difficulty (and the upcoming unnecessary patch) that this game will give some people problems. So an average 5 scores seems right. Easier for more experienced gamers and trouble for more casual players. I can't justify giving it a lower score than a Ben 10 or Generator Rex game.

Edit: And another question? If the game is so damn easy then why are there at least 5 different walkthroughs (video & text guides) for ToA? I don't see 5 different strategy guides in the Megamind thread???

Edited by M-Easy

2's and 3's go to show how jacked up this has gotten, it's no kids game. Think it's funny how games are getting the same difficulty as Hannah Montana or UP these days. I would think this would be at least a 5 minimum but everyone has their opinions I guess.

Funny thing is you will see the same names crying about how hard this was and will vote it a 2... These platinum difficulty threads have lost all credibility with me.

Edited by SWAT_brigadeCT

I am very surprised at the difficulty ratings you're giving this game. 3 or 4? Maybe when compared to other GoW games, but definitely not a 3 or 4 overall. Compare your 3 or 4 rating on this game to similarly-rated games:

Lego Harry Potter (or pretty much any Lego game)

Ratchet and Clank (pretty much all of them, including other series such as Sly Cooper and Jak/Daxter)

Far Cry 3

Okami HD

Assassin's Creed II

Cabela Dangerous Hunts 2013

And plenty more. These games are all longer in length overall but definitely nowhere near the combat proficiency you need to learn to pass GoW:A.

I give this a very solid 6, simply because you have to learn new tricks and modify your combat tactics as you progress through the game, culminating in the very difficult Trials of Archimedes near the end in Hard mode. There's no way you can compare a child's-play Disney Universe game with this one.

Compare your 3 or 4 rating on this game to similarly-rated games:

Lego Harry Potter (or pretty much any Lego game)

Ratchet and Clank (pretty much all of them, including other series such as Sly Cooper and Jak/Daxter)

Far Cry 3

Okami HD

Assassin's Creed II

Cabela Dangerous Hunts 2013

This is exactly why I give it a 4/10, the same rating I gave to Puss in Boots. I seldom died in the game, and there wasn't a single frustrating moment where I had to repeat one section numerous times. However, in Puss in Boots, I had plenty of hair-tearing, controller-breaking moments namely the first challenge, that is why, erm... well... I suppose... well, maybe, I guess I ought to give this game a 3/10 then.

So, there, 3/10.

Edited by EEHHHHHH

I gave it a 4/10. Of course as stated ToA was the only real tough spot as I died there maybe 7 times total. Having platinumed the first 5 GOW games, once you know the combat system and the in and outs of gameplay of course it will seem easy. Some noob to the GOW series walking into this game might give it a higher rating as far as trophy hunting goes and boss battles in general. Game #6 in a series with basically the same controls throughout the whole series should not cause any veteran of the series that much grief.

I gave it a 3. I found it very short, and aside the Trial of Archimedes, and,to a lesser extent, the fights when you get the different magics, even on hard difficulty, quite easy. Not a walk in the park, but a little of trial and errors, and a bit of patience, and voilà ! a (P) !