Best place for the 1000 Hit Combo trophy?

Yes, i've got the game for a week now and the only trophies i'm missing are the one where you've got to get a 1000 Hit Combo and the MP Training.

Does anyone know a good place for the combo? I've tried for several hours without success and the highest i've got is like 300 hits or something. The enemies seem to die way before i get that high and i'm also playing on Hard since i assume they have more HP.

Thanks a lot, have you gotten the trophy this way yourself?

Gonna try it out now :D

Edited by Bounty V

FINALLY I just got the trophy I tried a lot of things to get it, just discovered a way to get it easily, in chapter 20 you need max lighting of zues, when that spider/bugs lady comes to ground and fight you just beat her so she gets up to a building again now DON'T hit her she will spawn an infinite number of Spartans use lighting of zues magic to kill them all and after they all die spam L1 square so your combo doesn't break when they spawn again use the magic, if you're low on magic use L1 square instead and if they block your move use L1 triangle good luck :whistle:

FINALLY I just got the trophy I tried a lot of things to get it, just discovered a way to get it easily, in chapter 20 you need max lighting of zues, when that spider/bugs lady comes to ground and fight you just beat her so she gets up to a building again now DON'T hit her she will spawn an infinite number of Spartans use lighting of zues magic to kill them all and after they all die spam L1 square so your combo doesn't break when they spawn again use the magic, if you're low on magic use L1 square instead and if they block your move use L1 triangle good luck :whistle:

yeah i think its safe to say the ONLY way to get this is with the maxed out lightning and magic bar. I've come semi-close but always seem to lose the combo around the 700's

yeah i think its safe to say the ONLY way to get this is with the maxed out lightning and magic bar. I've come semi-close but always seem to lose the combo around the 700's

Well you can get it with fire of ares as well at the same place I mentioned earlier by spamming L1 square and moving kratos with the left analog you need to be on easy and it would take a lot longer this way but you only need blades of ares at level 2 >.>

Edited by DEVILx155

I have 2 questions for the OP;

1. how hard are the trophies compared to previous GoWs?

2. how did you get the game 1 week earlier? most I've seen is 3-4 days earlier

1. They arent hard just annoying :D

2. I got mine 2 weeks ago almost if you see the "Trophy list here" i got i friday the 3rd but people get it earlier if they are reviewer (Like Me) are working places where they sell games, or know someone.

Easiest way I found is on the Furnace level. Once you get to the point where Kratos is trapped in between the 2 canisters pouring flames, you will have the Satyr enemies spawning. You will need full magic and Zeus's lightning blades maxed out. Start out with the Blades of Chaos and start with a combo, switch into Zeus's lightning blades and use the magic, hit L1 and R1 repeatedly. Once the magic stops switch back to Blades of Chaos and use L1 and square attack, then switch back to the lightning blades and use magic. Repeat 4 times and you should be able to obtain the trophy. :dance:

Easiest way I found is on the Furnace level. Once you get to the point where Kratos is trapped in between the 2 canisters pouring flames, you will have the Satyr enemies spawning. You will need full magic and Zeus's lightning blades maxed out. Start out with the Blades of Chaos and start with a combo, switch into Zeus's lightning blades and use the magic, hit L1 and R1 repeatedly. Once the magic stops switch back to Blades of Chaos and use L1 and square attack, then switch back to the lightning blades and use magic. Repeat 4 times and you should be able to obtain the trophy. :dance:

By Blades of Chaos, you mean switch back to the Ares one right? How do you equip the default blades? I've been using the elemental ones throughout.

Looks like PowerPyx is on the guides already, so as promised here's the video of how I did the 1000-hit trophy. Note that I wrote this guide before checking out the infinite Spartans/boss fight in Ch20, so since those are easier to get to, you may have better luck there instead.

--- --- ---

I got 1000 hits on the conveyor trap just before the Chapter 24 checkpoint, meaning you'll need to start from Chapter 23 and spend the 10 minutes activating the forge then getting to the conveyor belt before you can start.

Make sure you have Electric (:up:) fully upgraded so you can use magic (:r2:), then when the conveyor trap starts, wait for most of the enemies to spawn then use it, spamming the buttons until they all die and start refilling your magic meter. While the enemies respawn, try to hit them with one or two :l1:+:triangle: attacks to keep your combo meter up, then hit :r2: again. Repeat until they're all dead, and if everything went well, you should have 1080+ hits when the checkpoint activates.

If at any time you lose your combo or you feel like you won't reach 1000 and you're close to the end, quickly hit :select: then restart checkpoint, because otherwise once all enemies die you will automatically reach the next checkpoint.

--- --- ---

I use :l1:+:triangle: because it's an instant-hit when you use it, as opposed to :l1:+:square: which takes 1.5s to activate, giving enemies that much more time to hit you and interrupt your combo. You can also interrupt the :l1:+:triangle: animation with :r2: at any point, activating the next magic button mashing sequence.

Video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaZXwF84nH0]God of War: Ascension 1000-hit trophy - YouTube[/ame]

Looks like PowerPyx is on the guides already, so as promised here's the video of how I did the 1000-hit trophy.

I am :D

Your method works fairly well, I have tried it at the same place. Can take a few tries though. Doesn't always give you 1000 hits. Sometimes I ended up with a little over 900.

There is another, kinda funny and weird way...

You can do it in chapter 19. Immediately after the chapter starts you need to push a rock out of the way to continue to the next area. Instead of pushing the rock away you need to attack it with the Lightning of Zeus. Use the L1+Square special attack. Each attack gives you 4 hits! It will take 6 minutes to farm 1000 hits. There are no enemies nearby, so nothing can break your combo.

Really all you do is hitting a rock. Can't get any easier than that. Might not be the fastest way, but if you consider how long it takes to replay chapter 23 it's probably faster and you do not have to fully upgrade a weapon for it. At least you won't have to worry about magic attacks or enemies.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoPRP1bJO1A]God of War Ascension - 1000 Hit Combo (Can't Stop, Won't Stop. BadBoy! Trophy Guide) - YouTube[/ame]

I am :D

Your method works fairly well, I have tried it at the same place. Can take a few tries though. Doesn't always give you 1000 hits. Sometimes I ended up with a little over 900.

There is another, kinda funny and weird way...

You can do it in chapter 19. Immediately after the chapter starts you need to push a rock out of the way to continue to the next area. Instead of pushing the rock away you need to attack it with the Lightning of Zeus. Use the L1+Square special attack. Each attack gives you 4 hits! It will take 6 minutes to farm 1000 hits. There are no enemies nearby, so nothing can break your combo.

Really all you do is hitting a rock. Can't get any easier than that. Might not be the fastest way, but if you consider how long it takes to replay chapter 23 it's probably faster and you do not have to fully upgrade a weapon for it. At least you won't have to worry about magic attacks or enemies.

LOL! :D They could have a 100,000 combo trophy for that one!

Thanks for this. Got the trophy this way, really easy lol.

Here's a really easy way at the beginning of the game. As soon as you obtain the Fire of Ares one enemy will spawn and prompt you to L3/R3, hit him with it. At this point an infinite number of enemies will spawn until you hit R2 to unleash the power, DO NOT unleash it. Now what i did was just grappled an enemy with R1 and slammed him in to the rest of the group with triangle. Keep spamming R1/Triangle as during the grapple and slam motion you will not be damaged, this took approx 7 minutes and i also got the Rage Meter for 2+ minutes trophy. I believe this is the earliest opportunity you can get both trophies also. Hope that helps.

Edited by aSockMonsteR