Online population?

hshirako

Finished the story a long time ago, friend borrowed the game and I'm finally getting it back sometime soon. I haven't played the MP at all before so I'm wondering how many people still play this game. Is there still enough people to complete all MP trophies or will I definitely need to have a boosting partner(s). Also, how many people play during "peak hours"? Thanks.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could boost with you, only problem is actually connecting. I've tried with friends from UK, failed to connect and I've tried with others from around the world and the same error message.

It's roughly dead online, I've had like two people join in two hours, it's annoying as I only need four trophies for platinum.

I thought that overlord 2 was bad to connect online, but this is awful.

Thanks for the replies guys. Looks like I'm going to have boost all or most of the MP trophies. Quick question. How long on average would you say it takes to acquire all MP trophies if completely boosted?

The Online modes are virtually dead so boosting is a must if you want to get the online trophies. Also, be sure to wait for your stats to update BEFORE moving on to your next match else they won't count towards ANY of the trophies.

Another glitchy server? Just great... I don't understand why servers can't be reliable at all times.

If you can manage 12hrs a day then you MIGHT be able to do it 1 month or less but Gozer's, Overachiever and Payday will take A LOT of time to complete, especially as you can end up waiting up to 3hrs+ for your stats to update between matches.

If you don't wait for your stats to update, they DON'T count towards any of the trophies as myself and Crowquilt had to find out the hard way :mad:!!!

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typo

If you can manage 12hrs a day then you MIGHT be able to do it 1 month or less but Gozer's, Overachiever and Payday will take A LOT of time to complete, especially as you can end up waiting up to 3hrs+ for your stats to update between matches.

If you don't wait for your stats to update, they DON'T count towards any of the trophies as myself and Crowquilt had to find out the hard way :mad:!!!

Do you mean between every single map? As in, if you're doing a campaign and you do one room, you have to wait hours just to do the next room?

The 'bag three most wanted' trophy popped for me after only about 15 mins total playing time and bagging three wanted ghosts. There was no waiting.

With Campaign mode you have finish all 3 maps and then wait for the stats to update but with the Instant maps you have to do a map then wait and carry on like that until you have your trophies.

Thanks, that's very helpful to know.

Of course, when my PS3 just freezes for no reason half-way through a campaign, I lose all my stats anyway. :mad:

If you boost for 4hrs a day (like I did) then you're looking at a good month or two, with Gozer's and Overachiever being the most time consuming and temperamental to get.

good lord! played it for a few hours so far and the game is alright so far; not as mediocre as some reviewers made it out to be.

seeing that the road map says 25-30 hours, i was totally gonna try but playing for an extra month just to snag the platnium?! i bow to you, sir! now THAT is dedication!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Wut.

It only takes me around 30h to do the online (in one week), and i never had to wait for some stats update before going on another campaign.

I'll assume that the online is even more glitched than at the first release of the patch >_>

Edited by Aka

Wut.

It only takes me around 30h to do the online (in one week), and i never had to wait for some stats update before going on another campaign.

I'll assume that the online is even more glitched than at the first release of the patch >_>

You're saying you got the trophies without ever waiting for the stats to update?