Ghostbusters Road Map

Harold_Cakington

Overview:

-Estimated trophy difficulty: 8 Out of 10 (Link to poll)

-Offline: 40 (4 (G), 36 (B))

-Online: 10 (10 (B))

-Approximate amount of time to (P): 25-30+ Hours

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

-Number of missable trophies: 1 (Nice Shootin' Tex)

-Glitched trophies: None

-Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheat codes available

The Introduction

This game has a good mix of trophies, for both offline (the majority) and online. The game has a nice chapter select feature, so you can replay any chapter to pick up anything you missed (e.g. PKE Scan, Cursed Artifacts, etc.).

All trophies can be obtained in one playthrough by completing Professional difficulty with under $100,000 in damages, and then using chapter select to replay the N.Y. Times Square level to do over $3,000,000 in damages. Due to the difficulty involved in doing this, I wouldn’t recommend it and so in this Road Map I will focus on a 2 playthrough approach.

Missable Trophy

The trophy "Nice Shootin' Tex" can be missed in playthrough 2, so be careful. The trophy requires you to do less than $100,000 in damages throughout the campaign. Due to the way the campaign saves work, if you go over the limit, you can't re-do the chapter to get a lower damage value, it will only ADD it to your original value. If you do go over the limit, the ONLY solution is to start a new career game all over again.

The Walkthrough

Recommended Links:

Cursed Artifact

PKE SCANS

Drinking Fountains

Trophy Guide

Boosting Thread

Gozer’s Checklist

Step 1: Playthrough 1 (Get everything, Professional Difficulty)

In your first playthrough, you want play on the hardest difficulty (Professional) and to take your time learning the game mechanics as you go through the levels, and gain every single trophy except “Nice Shootin’ Tex”.

On each level, use the Recommended Linked Guides above to make sure you obtain all PKE scans, scan all the cursed artifacts, get the level specific trophy (“Kosher”, etc) and where applicable drink from the water fountain.

Try to cause as much damage as possible as you play. The best levels for this are the NY Times Square, and the Museum Level. (Blow up the cars and buses for huge damage, and in the Museum fire your boson dart on pretty much everything)

As you progress, buy all the necessary upgrades for your proton pack first, as this will help you progress through the levels.

Once you have finished this play through, check to see if you have all PKE scans etc. If you are missing anything, now would be a good time to go back using the Chapter Select feature to find whatever you missed. When you choose a chapter to play, it will tell you if you have missed any PKE scans, or Cursed Artifacts, but it will not tell you if you missed any water fountains. Before you go to Step 2, you should have every single offline trophy, except “Nice Shootin’ Tex”.

Total Trophies: 4 (G) 35 (B)

Step 2: Playthrough 2 (Casual Difficulty, little damage as possible)

Start a new game, and set it to the easiest setting. Now go through the game again, but this time with the aim of causing as little damage as possible. The main levels to be aware of are the NY Times Square Level, and the Museum.

Try to let your fellow Ghostbusters do most of the work, as any damage they cause does not count towards your total damage. Once they've done a fair bit of demolishing, go in and finish the ghosts off, since there won't be too many valuable things lying around.

Do your best not to hit any cars in the Times Square level. Breaking one of them, will make it harder for the rest of the game. The museum is filled with expensive artifacts so watch yourself in that level too.

The tactic I used was to get as close to the ghost as possible, and fire a boson dart at them. Back off, and wait for them to move. Then when they are still again, get close and fire your dart at them again. Then finish them off with the proton stream (upgraded to reduce beam wandering) and trap them.

After the credits roll, that’s it for the offline trophies. Now let’s get online!

Total Trophies: 4 (G) 36 (B)

Step 3: Online (Boosting Partner Recommended - BOOSTING THREAD)

I highly recommend learning how to use the Slime Gun’s “Slime Tether”, as it can capture ghosts instantly if used correctly. This can be crucial in modes when you’re against the clock.

Consult the Gozer’s Most Wanted Checklist, found in the Recommended Links section of this Road Map. Go through the list, ticking off each one as you fulfill the criteria. All players that start the match must finish the match for it to count. Any dropouts and you will have to replay the level.

Next you need to work on the "Payday" Trophy. To get the trophy, you need to be the overall top earner in each campaign stage so just take turns winning with your partner. You win a campaign (earning the “On the Payroll trophy in the process), then let them win a campaign. There are some caveats to be aware of, though. Just like in "Gozer's Most Wanted" all players that start the campaign must finish the entire campaign (i.e. nobody can drop out mid-way through) otherwise it will not count. In addition, if a round finishes because your entire team got knocked out, the whole of the campaign will not count either. GLITCH NOTE: Depending on when you got and played the game, you may be unable to achieve the "Payday" trophy. If you played the game before 26th August 2009 please check out THIS THREAD for further insight.

Next is "Employee of the Month" (If you didn’t get this doing “Gozer’s Most Wanted”) Play through each multiplayer game type, win it AND be the top earner. Again, just take turns with your partner.

Now you need to finish off all the Most Wanted Ghosts. You probably will have caught a fair few whilst doing the other trophies, so now finish the rest off. You can see who you’re missing (and how to make them appear) by checking your multiplayer statistics.

By now, you should have every trophy except ‘Overachiever’. Continue playing matches until you reach $2.5 million, with 30 Post Job awards, and 50 Jobs Completed. If somehow you’re still missing an Online trophy, just aim for it whilst playing all the games for "Overachiever".

Total Trophies: 1 (P) 4 (G) 46 (B)

There you go, that’s my road map and I hope you’ve found it helpful.

Edited by Harold_Cakington
Added Missable Trophy

You should really review the trophy difficulty poll again because it clearly states that the estimated difficulty is 6.68 and not 8.0 like you say.

Also the estimate time to platinum should be more flexible than you put it. It took me more like 50 hours to platinum this game since I had a hard time with the online trophies. If you are lucky enough to get all the online trophies on your first try then you could probably finish in 25-30 hours, but just to be on the safe side I would put 25-30+ hours to indicate that it can take longer.

The online portion of the roadmap needs to elaborate more on the requirements for the Payday trophy. You should add that everyone must complete the entire campaign without quitting midway. Also you should add that the round must not end because everyone was knocked out. If this happens the round will not count towards Payday even if you were the top earner.

That's all I can think of for now. Great job with the rest of the roadmap though. Hopefully you will implement the suggestions I gave above.

Edited by Abuebao

You should really review the trophy difficulty poll again because it clearly states that the estimated difficulty is 6.68 and not 8.0 like you say.

Also the estimate time to platinum should be more flexible than you put it. It took me more like 50 hours to platinum this game since I had a hard time with the online trophies. If you are lucky enough to get all the online trophies on your first try then you could probably finish in 25-30 hours, but just to be on the safe side I would put 25-30+ hours to indicate that it can take longer.

The online portion of the roadmap needs to elaborate more on the requirements for the Payday trophy. You should add that everyone must complete the entire campaign without quitting midway. Also you should add that the round must not end because everyone was knocked out. If this happens the round will not count towards Payday even if you were the top earner.

That's all I can think of for now. Great job with the rest of the roadmap though. Hopefully you will implement the suggestions I gave above.

Ahh thanks for picking up on them. This is my first so I appreciate the feedback. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Have you submitted this? It is pretty good. I was gonna do one when i saw there wasnt one stickied then i saw this and i was like "hey that pretty freakin good" lol if you havent submiteed this i suggest you do :)

lol, I have submitted it, and I actually PM'd mendle about it yesterday. He said that the guide team are really busy but he's aware of it, and will look at it when they get round to it.

Thanks for the praise, and if you have any suggestions, feel free to suggest! lol

:)

Please also mention anyone who played this game before 26th August 2009 could be stuck unlocking the Payday Trophy and point them to the facebook group.

Also worth noting the Xbox version Payday and No Job Too Big still haven't been patched at all (not that the PS3 patch was a 100% success).

Thanks, added a caveat, and linked to your thread.

Cheers :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The Nice Shootin' Tex trophy IS missable as you can't get it if you already have the Destructor trophy unless you delete your save and start over! I'd recommend Switching Playthroughs 1+2 around so you do Playthrough 1 on Casual Difficulty and get everything except the Destructor and Professional Trophies, then get the Destructor and Professional trophies on Playthrough 2.

Also the Platinum Difficulty Rating is out of date as the majority reading is now 8 out of 10.

Edited by Terminator
Rephrased

The Nice Shootin' Tex trophy IS missable as you can't get it if you already have the Destructor trophy unless you delete your save and start over! I'd recommend Switching Playthroughs 1+2 around so you do Playthrough 1 on Casual Difficulty and get everything except the Destructor and Professional Trophies, then get the Destructor and Professional trophies on Playthrough 2.

Also the Platinum Difficulty Rating is out of date as the majority reading is now 8 out of 10.

After a bit of deliberation, I've decided to agree, and add it as a missable trophy. The guide does kind of imply it, however I didn't think it was clear enough to some people, so I added another paragraph. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

I am however keeping the playthroughs the current way round. Yes you could do it the other way, however I chose it to be this way round because it makes it easier for you to kill/trap the ghosts without causing too much damage, which is the whole reason for a 2nd playthrough for one trophy.

Also updated (P) difficulty, thanks. :)

After a bit of deliberation, I've decided to agree, and add it as a missable trophy. The guide does kind of imply it, however I didn't think it was clear enough to some people, so I added another paragraph. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

I am however keeping the playthroughs the current way round. Yes you could do it the other way, however I chose it to be this way round because it makes it easier for you to kill/trap the ghosts without causing too much damage, which is the whole reason for a 2nd playthrough for one trophy.

Also updated (P) difficulty, thanks. :)

You're the boss! After all this Road Map is your baby :).

Now to get the updates added to the main main guide :D!

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...