Nice Shootin', Tex! Trophy Help.

EternalDownfall

I found/finding it helpful to let your team (when they're around) to do most of the preliminary work, as any damage they cause isn't counted. Once they've done a fair bit of demolishing I'll go in and finish the ghosts off, since there isn't too much valuable things loafing around.

As said before, do your hardest not to hit any cars in the times square level. Breaking one of them, will make it harder for the rest of the game. The museum is filled with expensive artefacts (well, what museum wouldn't be!) so watch yourself in that level too.

The tactic I'm using at the moment, is to get as close to the ghost as possible, and fire a boson dart at them. Back off, and wait for them to move then when they are still, get close and fire again. Then finish them off with the proton stream (upgraded to reduce beam wandering) and trap 'em.

:)

I think the main tip is really to avoid the cars and set pieces in the museum. They're the ones that stack up. Also once you've passed the fourth level (I think?) then you won't rack up any more damage. You just need to avoid hitting the cars and cannons.

Also watch out if you die and have to carry on as it sometimes carries over your score

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I did my first run through of the game on Professional and used that to get the $3,000,000 damage. My second playthrough for the $100,000 trophy I played on Casual, which makes me and the others harder to kill. Just let your fellow Ghostbusters do a good portion of the work and be extremely careful on the Times Square and Museum levels, as that's where the damage can really go from low to breaking the limit.

Once you get past the level where you return to Sedgewick, you don't have to worry about causing any damage (cemetary and the castle levels have nothing that cause damage). I just did this trophy and managed to clock in just under $10,000 for the whole game.

I got both of these trophies in one go. Got $28,500 in damages. You just have to be very careful at what you shoot. I got up real close to the enemy and either shot them point blank or used slime tether to my traps to avoid shooting expensive cars, exhibits, etc. I know you might think why'd he do it on professional, well... I fucked up in amatuer, lol. On Time Square I accumulated $88,000 without notice. I think I must've shot a car or one of those big trucks. $33,000.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm wondering if I'm on track for this trophy. I'm not through with Times Square yet, but I'm at the part where I follow Ray into the office building. And at that point my total is $42,000.

At this point in the game, is my total far enough along that I'm in danger of crossing $100,000, even if I'm careful? If so, I'll just start over, since I haven't been playing for too long anyway.

I'm wondering if I'm on track for this trophy. I'm not through with Times Square yet, but I'm at the part where I follow Ray into the office building. And at that point my total is $42,000.

At this point in the game, is my total far enough along that I'm in danger of crossing $100,000, even if I'm careful? If so, I'll just start over, since I haven't been playing for too long anyway.

Times Square is barely halfway through, and if you managed to do $42,000 now, it seems you may be being a bit too "gun-ho" with your proton pack. Yes it will be possible to do it under $100,000 and as you know you're going for the trophy, you're going to be a bit more careful than usual. Keep going, but take EXTRA special care when you get to the Times Square level and the Museum.

Thanks for the input. At this point, I've been playing for less than 1.5 hours, so I'll probably just start over.

BTW -- I assume the best strategy for 2 playthroughs is:

• 1 time on Easy + Nice Shootin’, Tex
  • 1 time on Professional + The Destructor

???

That's the strategy I used, and it worked well for me :)

• 5 months later...
I haven't gotten this yet, but it seems really hard. And those multiplayer ones? Ouch. Thanks for the tips because I was about to write this trophy off, haha.

That's what we're here for! :)

If you want to look for someone to help you boost, use the following thread:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/ghostbusters/14750-trophy-boosting-thread.html

Hope you have fun!

:)

• 1 month later...

Do I have to delete my my old save file or start a brand new game?

Because I got well over 3,000,000 and I heard the damage carries over (I started on hard level if I am correct and got the Destructor trophy first)

Please let me know, because I would hate to delete my current save.

Or can I continue with my last end game save and set it to easy but the current damage will not effect my Good Shooting Tex?

(P.s. I am thinking about deleting anyways because my Payday and other online trophies are glitched and I was told I have to delete and reinstall the game with new patch so I can get online trophy. So maybe saves effect trophies too?)

Do I have to delete my my old save file or start a brand new game?

Because I got well over 3,000,000 and I heard the damage carries over (I started on hard level if I am correct and got the Destructor trophy first)

Please let me know, because I would hate to delete my current save.

Or can I continue with my last end game save and set it to easy but the current damage will not effect my Good Shooting Tex?

(P.s. I am thinking about deleting anyways because my Payday and other online trophies are glitched and I was told I have to delete and reinstall the game with new patch so I can get online trophy. So maybe saves effect trophies too?)

If you've gone over, you will need to start a whole new game. It's been a while since I played, and I may be getting confused with another game, but you just need to choose "New Game" from the menu, set it to easy to make it...well easy! Then you should be all set. :)

Your save file has nothing to do with online trophies. It's all stored on the server, hence the tons of threads about the servers not updating.

Hope this helps. :)

• 1 month later...

This one was totally easy for me. Don't get in a snit, you can do it too.

There are ways to pull it off. Unlike most trophies, which I suggest you get on first playthrough. Ala The Destructor, I've quit better jobs than this..., I love it when you rough-house, and any others that require destruction. That should put you up there in the high dollar range. If you don't get The Destructor don't fret. Just replay missions until you get EVERYTHING you need for trophies then beat the last level. All the trophies should pop.

Now... On to Nice Shootin' Tex...

1. Play a New Career on Casual difficulty.

2. Enemies are easier to harm and you are harder to knock out. Take careful aim.

3. DO NOT hit, step on or run into anything that you know is expensive in real life (cars, buses, tables, chairs, etc).

4. Let the other guys do as much work as possible.

5. Use Slime tether to move obstacles since it does little to no damage.

6. After you get to the Lost Island you're golden. Nothing counts on the last levels.

All I can say now is to just keep an eye on how much damage you've done using the PKE screen. I made it (barely) with $95,286 total damage. Nothing you break counts on the last 2 levels so you can bust up Shandor's crap all you want. You can wreck the graveyard too.

Hope it helps. It's not as hard as you think it is.

:lightsaber:

• 2 months later...

Anyone else got glitch on this?

I was in the sedgewick and I hadn't even fired my stream once and when I pressed the button for the elevator it gave me $5,000 in damage.

WTF?

Edit:

Did it again and it was okay. But fuck -- if it does this in times sq. I'm screwed.

Edited by Hotspur000

Okay this is really pissing me off. I'm in Times Sq, I get hit by something, I fall over, it charges me $30,000 damage. FFS.

I'm backing-up my saves after each successful mission so I can reload it if it does this shit.

Edit:

Okay -- did it with $9,000. Phew.

And there's the Platinum! :)

Edited by Hotspur000