To hack or not to hack?

gtraneo

I'm righteously miffed about the online closure of his game. Not because it closed, but because there was no notice given.

I've put in a lot of hours to get all trophies except for the bastard Gozer's Most Wanted which has kept me from the Platinum. I've done all missions at least twice but it never popped for whatever reason. I've put off another playthrough because I couldn't face another round with the glitchy game and temperamental servers if I couldn't be sure of getting the plat.

Rather than rant, I want to ask what others would do in this situation. In the face of the closure, I've found someone on ebay that could hack the trophy and thereby the plat without needing the GB servers. At first, I said yes go ahead and get that sucker for me. But overnight, I've been thinking and now have a moral dilemma.

Do I go ahead and have someone hack the trophy for me and ruin my 94 platinum trophy list which have all been earned by myself without hacking before? I'm not worried about platinum on every single game but I feel that I've put more than enough effort in to earn the plat. And from platinum dates it's obvious that others have already hacked it.

Basically, would you think any less of me and would that matter?

I'm righteously miffed about the online closure of his game. Not because it closed, but because there was no notice given.

I've put in a lot of hours to get all trophies except for the bastard Gozer's Most Wanted which has kept me from the Platinum. I've done all missions at least twice but it never popped for whatever reason. I've put off another playthrough because I couldn't face another round with the glitchy game and temperamental servers if I couldn't be sure of getting the plat.

Rather than rant, I want to ask what others would do in this situation. In the face of the closure, I've found someone on ebay that could hack the trophy and thereby the plat without needing the GB servers. At first, I said yes go ahead and get that sucker for me. But overnight, I've been thinking and now have a moral dilemma.

Do I go ahead and have someone hack the trophy for me and ruin my 94 platinum trophy list which have all been earned by myself without hacking before? I'm not worried about platinum on every single game but I feel that I've put more than enough effort in to earn the plat. And from platinum dates it's obvious that others have already hacked it.

Basically, would you think any less of me and would that matter?

Do whatever you prefer mate. Don't value yourself based on other's opinions. Also, they're just trophies so it's really up to you :) I'm pretty sure this kind of thing is taboo here on the site, for future reference ;)

If you hack then Sony will perma-ban you from PSN when they find out, it's that simple. Just accept you aren't going to legitimately get these trophies and move on. Also, discussing whether or not to hack a trophy is against site rules.

Edited by Terminator
Rephrased.

It sucks to have been so close to the trophy, and I'm sure others have thought about doing the same thing, but in the end it's not worth it.

Not only Sony may catch you, you will be branded a hacker on trophy leaderboard websites, meaning you can't show off your 90 something plats because of one trophy. It's not worth ruining all your hard work over.

Don't do it. The trophy timestamp will tell that you earned it in an impossible date, thus you could get caught and banned (in those ranking sites specially, such as PSNProfiles, although Sony could as well someday catch it).

Why risk a 94 plat count and your account? Just be happy with the 90%+ on the game and move on (the fact you miss only 1 online trophy still puts you ahead of many people like me who can't earn ANY of the online trophies, think of it). Yes it is unfair and totally uncalled for that you don't have the plat, but it just happens. It's only 1 plat out of 90+ you have, it doesn't make a difference as a whole.

There are many unattainable plats out there as well, but new games release every day and new plats are available to get. PS3, PSV, soon PS4 games, gotta catch them all. :)

Edited by Guimace

Yeah, after sleeping on the idea, I can see that I'm better off with my 98% on GB and keep my trophies hack free. I know I earned the plat, just because it didn't pop, doesn't matter.

I've decided I'm better off supporting the guys petitioning Atari to get the servers switched back on. It's a very long shot but maybe...

Thanks for your input guys and sorry for the taboo topic Terminator. Guess I just needed to vent. Keep up the great work that you do on the site. A lot of my 94 plats are thanks to help from guides on this site. Cheers.