Server Closure

charlieindia

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has anyone send an email to sony online support ?

i know i haven't might do that now

There have been others who reported that their attempts to contact the developers of the game in hope's to get some of the Error's "Patched Up" and I dont think anything is going to be done about the issues with the Servers. It's a fun game to play but the servers are crap. What kills me is the Gozer's Most Wanted trophy: 48 jobs!! all that for one trophy:mad: I can rant on and on, but what I want is the (P) ! so I will continue to play and pull out what ever hair I have left in order to get it for this game! :cool:

hey there guys sorry to be the one to piss on your parade but the servers have been closed down for good. if any of you have been playing online already youve more than likely met godzilladaddy, now i dont want to get into it but i dont like the guy but i do know he lives for this game and he tells me hes been in touch with the devs/sony and has had confirmation that the mp has indeed been terminated. he does seem to think that with enough support angry emailing etc that theyll put it back on but like i said to him they know exactly how many people are playing and stilll turned them off so even if every single person currently playing wrote to them its not going to change their minds as theyve already decided thats not enough. i actually hope im wrong and there is still some hope for you guys as i know its pretty tricky getting gozers so if you want to keep up the fight you know what to do or alternatively speak to godzilladaddy and get it straight from the horses mouth as it were good luck guys

p.s. reynososix i feel for you bro you didnt deserve this

I really hope Terminators earlier post is about servers for this game cutting off for days applies here and Atari haven't shut the servers without warning.

If they do start back up feel free to add me to boost the hell outta this game before it dies for good

PSN: Cran_89

Failing that fire it on ebay while you can still get an ok price lol:rolleyes:

This doesn't look good, from what people say the multiplayer for Ghostbusters has been down at least 5 days. I tried connecting today and failed...I hope this is the usual outage because I'm really close to getting GMW and would be gutted if I can't get platinum now.

Welcome to the club, we got jackets.... :D

hey there guys sorry to be the one to piss on your parade but the servers have been closed down for good. if any of you have been playing online already youve more than likely met godzilladaddy, now i dont want to get into it but i dont like the guy but i do know he lives for this game and he tells me hes been in touch with the devs/sony and has had confirmation that the mp has indeed been terminated. he does seem to think that with enough support angry emailing etc that theyll put it back on but like i said to him they know exactly how many people are playing and stilll turned them off so even if every single person currently playing wrote to them its not going to change their minds as theyve already decided thats not enough. i actually hope im wrong and there is still some hope for you guys as i know its pretty tricky getting gozers so if you want to keep up the fight you know what to do or alternatively speak to godzilladaddy and get it straight from the horses mouth as it were good luck guys

p.s. reynososix i feel for you bro you didnt deserve this

Thanks man... I've spoken wit godzilladaddy a few times but could'nt join a game wit him :( It does suck to hear about the servers in all... :mad:

Edited by Bounty V

the guys an asshole he likes to think hes helping people because he knows it all and ill give him his due he is very good at the game but he takes the better players that is the ones actually going for trophys out of the pool so hes got decent people to play with and noone else can find people to partner up with because he wont let people into games until whoever hes got his claws into is finished or goes offline. i tried to look up atari and threewave for info but couldnt find anything as i also heard it was because of the storms but i dont think so

Well, I believe the servers are down, since Atari gave me the cold shoulder when I asked about GB:

Greetings!

Thank you for contacting us.

Here are some steps to improve your connection to the TDU2 servers:

First please make sure your profile has been created as Online.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 uses the TCP/UDP port 8889 to communicate with servers and others players.

Solution1: Turn on UPnP on your network hardware

Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) is a standard that helps routers communicate effectively. If your router or gateway supports UPnP, make sure this setting is turned on.

Please refer to your hardware documentation for help turning on UPnP. Most hardware manufacturers have Web sites that include support information.

If you change the UPnP setting on your network hardware, restart your hardware and test your network connection by re-launching the UpLauncher.

If you receive a NAT Open:UPnPUsed message, your network is ready for playing TDU2.

If you still receive a NAT warning (orange or red), please try the next solution.

Solution2: Open network ports

Your network hardware or firewall might be blocking communication with the Xbox LIVE servers.

If you're connected to a network through your workplace or a college, ask the network administrator to open the following port:

TCP/UDP 8889 (TDU2 game port)

TCP/UDP 3478 (UpLauncher STUN tests port)

Part1:To get your computer’s IP settings

On your computer, click Start, type cmd, and then press ENTER. Note If you’re using Windows XP, click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then press ENTER.

At the prompt, type ipconfig, and then press ENTER.

Find your network connection (for example, look for something called "Local Area Connection" or "Wireless Network Connection"). Write down the numbers for the following items:

IPv4 address (or IP address)

Subnet mask

Default gateway

Read this, and all i could say is: Atari, you are morons!

I contacted Atari and Threewave Software. I've got this message from Atari:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting customer support,

We are going to pass this information to our developers so they can look into this issue also we are going to create a bug report.

Sincerely,

Atari Customer Support

http://support.atari.com/

So it seems that they have some problems with the servers or they just don't want to announce it officially. It would be strange that they closed down the servers without notice. Especially since they announced recently that they closed the Test Drive Unlimited 1 servers six years after its release.

I contacted Atari and Threewave Software. I've got this message from Atari:

So it seems that they have some problems with the servers or they just don't want to announce it officially. It would be strange that they closed down the servers without notice. Especially since they announced recently that they closed the Test Drive Unlimited 1 servers six years after its release.

That's a better answer I got. My boost partner that has the game mentioned that to me, but they are being extremely vague about it. I contacted @atari on twitter, and he contacted Atari via their Facebook page. Their forums are down also.

Wow, this sucks for new players coming online for the trophies just to be denied. :(

I remember when I purchased this game and was paranoid about the servers being closed then. Luckily they stayed online (slow as Hell, but online none the less) and I was able to do everything for the trophies.

Good thing I read this, since I was planning on buying another copy for my Brother for Christmas so we could play together online. Guess that won't be happening. lol

Wow, this sucks for new players coming online for the trophies just to be denied. :(

I remember when I purchased this game and was paranoid about the servers being closed then. Luckily they stayed online (slow as Hell, but online none the less) and I was able to do everything for the trophies.

Good thing I read this, since I was planning on buying another copy for my Brother for Christmas so we could play together online. Guess that won't be happening. lol

It also sucks for day-one purchasers who were screwed out of the platinum on account of the payday trophy.

I met the requirements for that trophy a hundred times over and it never unlocked.

Atari and Terminal Reality can burn in hell.

If this is really closed then explain how pc wii and 360 copies are still active. The ps3 copy has more active people on it then the wii and pc copy. Im calling this a network error untill atari or anyone ells involved in the game say other wise. If this game was really shutdown then I would think they would shutdown pc and wii copy long before ps3 copy. Also almost always with any game ps3 and 360 are shutdown at the exact same time yet it is still active.

This wouldn't be the first time there was a platform specific shutdown. Look at the first Army of Two, the PC version of that got shutdown over a year before the PS3 and Xbox 360 ones did and the same thing happened with Mercs 2 i.e the PC servers where turned off years ago but the console ones are still up.

Most of the time pc copy wii iphone ect are usuauly always shutdown first before ps3 or 360 copy there are plenty of games. Yet name 1 game were ps3 and 360 copy were shutdown at different times? While yes the wii copy is the only other version to realy have multi player even it have far less players is still active so why would they bother shutting down a copy were there far more players?

Edited by geralds

I can't think of any off hand but I know that it's happened as I've seen it.

Exactly but i have known of a game or 2 were they have had ps3 exclusive problems so i wouldn't be surprised to see ps3 exclusive network errors. Take black ops 2 as a good example it had to get a ps3 exclusive update to fix the online issues. Another thing atari and the company who made the online for this game both have games that are older then this that still have online active. Yet again something ells why is sanctum of the slime still active then it has less players then this game had.

Edited by geralds