Tips for the rookie (and not-so-rookie) online Ghostbuster

LibertyGeis

Heya guys. Recently achieved the Platinum in this game after the long slog through the multiplayer campaign, and while there is some fantastic information here, I've noticed a dire lack of specific techniques in the trophy guides available. So I'd like to share a bit of my own experience to try and make the Herculean online tasks a little less daunting.

*** Differences between SP and MP ***

First of all: when starting the multiplayer, you're warned that you need to play the single player beforehand to familiarize yourself with the game. While this is good advice, there are some large differences in mechanics between single- and multiplayer that no one's warned you about. Rather than expecting you to learn the hard way I'll start with the differences.

• You don't have limitless access to all 4 weapons. You have unlimited Proton Stream use, and all three other weapons you have to pick up as "ammo packs." Specializing in one of the other three weapons in the game lobby starts you with a full pack of that weapon automatically.

• Boson darts do not exist in MP except when you've picked up the special "Proton Accelerator" item. See Items, below.

• The Overload Pulse weapon works nothing like its single-player counterpart. Rather than a homing machine-gun, it essentially fills the Boson Dart's role. See Items, below.

• Your capture stream DOES NOT deploy automatically against ghosts in MP. This can be a bracing change to get used to. When your enemy's health bar goes red, that's when you need to press L1 to wrangle them.

• Enemies behave largely the same in MP, but capturing/destroying them is often a little harder, especially with the stone gargoyles/angels. There are also a couple enemies that never made it into the main game. See Enemies section.

• When your pack overheats in MP, you vent automatically. In SP it takes longer to cool down when overheated than when venting using R1, but in MP there's no appreciable difference. Overheat away.

*** Items ***

Note: throughout this guide, in many places I'll be referring to weapons by color for convenience. It should be fairly obvious, but by Blue is meant Stasis and Shock Blast (which I'll often call Shotgun), by Green is meant Slime Blower and Slime Tether, and by Yellow is meant Meson Collider and Overload Pulse.

• The Proton Stream is a good all-purpose weapon for low-pressure waves. If you're not getting surrounded, it's a good way to save your disposable ammo for tougher adversaries. It's the weapon of choice against stone gargoyles/angels.

• Green ammo is fantastic against ghosts -- and not much else. With 5 slime tether shots per pickup, you can bag 5 ghosts easily. Try and aim your tethers so the ghosts hit an open trap for an instant capture. Even if you miss the dunk, though, it always knocks the ghost down to 1 bar of health, which makes for an easy Proton Stream wrangle and trap. The primary fire, Slime Blower, is fairly useless in multiplayer; it's weaker and harder to aim than the proton stream. It can clear black slime of course, but I find it's usually not worth the time, except perhaps in the Rotunda where black slime always seemed to pop up in the most annoying spots. (There's one important exception: the boss wave of Lost Island Survival. See "Bosses.")

• Blue ammo is second to none against golems. Ten shots of the Shotgun at point-blank range will reduce a golem to one bar of health (zero if you're lucky). It's excellent for close-up cursed relic kills (~3 shots), and pretty good against nearby ghosts and swarmers. For gargoyles/angels you're better off with the proton stream. The Stasis Stream is of limited usefulness (especially without a coordinated team), but with good teamwork it can work wonders on final Protection and Survival waves.

• Yellow ammo is very versatile. One pickup allows 12 shots of the Meson Collider (a fairly powerful and accurate sniping mode) or 3 shots of the Overload Pulse (a large explosive blast). The Pulse is the best thing in the world against swarmers. If you're surrounded and panicking, aim at your feet and let loose; you won't hurt yourself or your allies, and you'll kill every swarmer within a decent radius. It's also great at bunched-up Relics in Destruction. The primary fire Collider is decent against golems (though shotgunning is better) and excellent at taking out far-off relics (~4-5 shots apiece). And you may as well get 3 Collider shots out of an ammo pack if you're using the Pulse, since a Pulse with 1 ammo remaining is just as strong as with 4.

• Rule of thumb: Ghost wave, green; swarm wave, yellow; golem wave, blue; gargoyle/angel wave, red (i.e. Proton Stream).

• Slime tethers are broken by the Proton Stream. Don't fire the stream at a ghost someone is trying to dunk or you'll ruin their shot. Conversely, if your teammates are in the process of blasting a ghost, you'll waste your time if you try and tether it. (Occasionally you can sneak in a shot if you aim the anchor end first, though.)

• Try to play with an eye to the items that are currently on offer at the pickup sites. For instance, if three out of four items on display are blue, get up close to your enemies and go crazy with the shotgun, but try and keep a clear line between you and the item if you run out. The more you play, the more you'll develop an instinct for this.

• If you get knocked out, you lose ALL ammo packs. This is a massive setback, especially in later waves where it's all too likely to happen. Don't hold back when things get bad, especially if you're full on ammo -- better to waste a few Overload Pulse blasts and have to pick up one item than to get knocked down and have to pick up all three again. And don't hog ammo after you revive somebody, because they'll be in urgent need of restocking.

• Use your ammo! That's what it's for -- don't be shy with it. The pickups come back quickly enough. Grab all you can carry, unless someone has recently been downed and needs it more, or you're working with a specific strategy in mind (such as in Protection). The more you grab, the more likely you'll see a rare item show up!

• The Ghost Stunner is a rare pickup that is best saved for swarm or gargoyle/angel waves, as it will kill any destructible creatures instantly (and give you a ton of money for it). It'll knock all ghosts down to 1 bar, leaving them dazed, and will put a reasonable dent in any golems around as well. This thing can be a godsend in late waves especially, so don't just grab it as soon as you see it. Wait until there are plenty of targets to maximize its utility. (Don't be the newbie who grabs this in the downtime between waves. *Nothing* is more frustrating to experienced players than seeing these wasted when they can make the difference between winning and losing, especially in late-game Survival. And don't mistake it for blue ammo.)

• The Ghost Shrinker does exactly what it says on the tin. Shrunken ghosts are harder to aim for, but they seem to take about twice the damage and dish out about half. Plus, shrunken golems are so cute! Don't underestimate them though -- a direct smash can still one-shot you. Like the stunner, don't waste this between waves. Grabbing it during stone angel waves can be a bad idea, making them hard to spot and hard to hit, but I don't mind using it against gargoyles.

• The Proton Accelerator supercharges your Proton Stream and enables Boson Dart usage, but only for a short while. Make the most of it -- it'll put a big dent into anything you aim for.

• Pink Slime can't be used for slime tethering. Instead, it makes enemies friendly and causes them to attack other enemies. You'll know it's worked once they change color. A "charmed" enemy will keep fighting for you until it gets dazed (if a ghost) or destroyed (if otherwise). During survival waves, the stage won't progress if nothing but "charmed" enemies remain, so you'll have to take down your new buddies. Before you do, though, leaving them alive for a while allows time for your whole team to restock on ammo without danger. Needless to say, pink slime doesn't work against golems, so don't waste ammo trying.

• The Etherial Sheild is self-explanatory. It prevents pretty much all damage from smaller enemies. Golems can still knock you out with their smash attacks when it's up, so don't let your guard down. I find these are best saved for swarm and gargoyle/angel waves.

• Picking the Proton Stream as your equipment specialty means you won't have an ammo pack at the start of the match, but I'm reasonably sure it strengthens your stream's power. This seems helpful especially in swarm-heavy stages, particularly when you've run out of yellow ammo.

• In Campaign mode, the item you choose to specialize in will level up (topping at level 3 I think) as you accrue money. This doesn't have a huge bearing on its efficacy, I've found. And do be aware that this is (disappointingly) not a permanent upgrade. You'll be back to level 1 with all four weapons upon starting the next game, whether Campaign or Instant.

• A tip that I didn't realize until I practically had the platinum already: When wrangling ghosts into the trap, your controls are basically digital, not analog. You can move the ghost in four directions (down, up, right, left), and there are no diagonals in between. So if your ghost is about to pull free on the left side of the trap cone, pull your control stick right, not down and right (which will almost certainly be parsed as simply down, letting the ghost escape). This would've saved me so much headache and so many escaped ghosts had I known it sooner.

Edited by LibertyGeis

*** Enemies ***

• Enemies fall into five main classes: Ghosts (flying, must be trapped), Swarmers (ground-based destructibles), Stone Gargoyles/Angels (flying destructibles), Golems, and bosses. Broad-stroke tactics are enumerated under Items, but it bears repeating: green for ghosts, yellow (Pulse) for swarmers, red (Proton Stream) for flyers and blue for Golems.

• Aiming the slime tether is its own little skillset, but it's totally worth cultivating, because ghosts are a breeze once you do. The point to remember is you want the ghost to slam directly onto the trap, which often does NOT equate to aiming the anchoring end directly at the trap. Most new players I see will use the first shot on the trap and second on the ghost, but I find it's better to work the other way around. For one thing, if you miss the ghost, you can quickly tap R2 to fire a tiny jet of slime, which will reset the tether and let you take a second shot without losing precious ammo. You'll also have the freedom to toss the trap again if your ghost strays to an inconvenient spot. If your ghost is low to the ground and far away from the trap, you'll need to aim the anchor at the ground on the opposite side of the trap, some distance away, or he'll slam the ground too soon. You also need to factor the ghost's current momentum, so it's often better to fire the anchor tether as soon as you see your target stop moving. All these tips make more sense with practice.

• There's an interesting technique I haven't completely explored, but I wanted to toss it out there: If you hit two separate ghosts with the ends of the same slime tether, often they'll slam into each other and both wind up down to 1 health and dazed. This doesn't work 100% of the time, though; sometimes they just whip right past one another. (It might only work if there's something solid like a wall or a column between them. As I said I've still got some experimenting to do here.) The majority of the time you're better off aiming for a slime dunk, but if you're overwhelmed with ghosts or don't have a clean shot at a trap, this can possibly buy you valuable time.

• Most swarmers do exactly as it sounds, trying to overrun you. Your best friend here is overload pulse. Shotgun is decent, but you'll usually take damage if they're close enough to be effective; I prefer the proton stream unless they're really bunched together. Most swarmers (candelabras, mini-mallows, statues & fiends) have ranged spit/throw attacks, but these are easily sidestepped.

• I see a lot of people who try to kill angels and gargoyles by bringing their life bar down to nothing. This wastes so much time and is very dangerous when they come in large waves. Both of these enemies can be killed with a single wrangle-and-slam. However, unlike in single player, you can't wrangle them as soon as they appear; you have to weaken them first. Angels can be wrangled after knocking off about 3 bars of health, while gargoyles have to be at about half health. Get used to quickly tapping L1 then L2 the instant their health bar goes red. Do be aware that this slam animation leaves you immobile and vulnerable for about one second.

• An Overload Pulse shot can kill a whole group of gargoyles/angels at once, but this is excessively difficult to aim because the shot is slow and your targets are very mobile. It's usually a waste of ammo.

• Unlike most projectile-shooting ghosts, stone gargoyles and angels will lead you with their shots. This is *very* important, as two direct hits will knock you out easily, and running in a straight line will just get you killed. To fool their aim, run in a figure 8 as you fire. They will miss you about 80% of the time, and even lucky hits will tend to do less damage. (You can try just running a circle, but I found that a figure 8 works far better especially when you're being shot at from multiple directions.) You can shoot down their projectiles as they fly at you, though this is very tough for anyone but the host, due to lag. Also, stay near cover (columns, trees, etc.) as much as you can to give yourself an even better chance to avoid their shots.

• Golems come in four varieties: book golems (Library levels), marshmallow golems (Times Square levels), black slime golems (Museum levels), and grave golems (Graveyard levels) -- as well as a special boss wave Lost Island golem (see Bosses section). Golems in later waves often spawn destructible mooks as well (candelabras, mini-mallows, slime fiends and tombstones, respectively). Tactics don't differ a lot for the first four. The best weapons against them (in order) are shotgun (only good up close), overload pulse (especially against the spawning ones), then proton stream or meson collider. Book and grave golems have heads that can be ripped off via wrangle-and-slam when their health bar goes red. This kills the book golems, but not the grave golems.

• All golems have a charging slam attack with a good-sized shockwave; jump sideways or backwards as soon as they leap to dodge this, or run straight past them if you won't risk getting hung up on terrain. Marshmallow and black slime golems also have a vomit attack that is hard to predict and very damaging; just try and stay clear of the stream. Grave golems can summon a meteor-like flaming coffin to strike the ground. This is the slowest attack in the game but does tremendous damage, has very large range, and can easily catch you off guard if you're looking the wrong direction when it launches, so keep an eye out.

• An excellent (if somewhat risky) tactic against golems is to get as close as you can, nose to nose, then unload shotgun blasts in their faces. If you fire quickly enough you'll stun them out of any attacks they begin to make. If you can, circle strafe them at the same time for added safety. Be aware that this tactic works best if you're the host, because lag can cause your attacks to fail and you can be killed by a slam attack.

• In the Museum, some waves are purely possessed statues, and some waves are possessor ghosts. Be aware of this. Possessed statue waves are like any other swarm wave -- smash 'em and you're done -- but if a possessor spirit inhabits a statue, killing the statue is only the first half of the job. Two or three seconds after the statue dies the ghost will reappear at 1 bar of health and dazed. Wrangle and capture them right away! You don't want to waste this shot or they will re-inhabit another statue (at full health) and you'll have to start over.

• When a statue has a shield, you can use the Capture stream and slam it to destroy it. However, if you've got good teamwork, it often pays to flank them and kill them from behind while they still carry their shields, as they get much faster without them and you'll be immobilized for a second or so after the slam. An overload pulse shot can kill a whole group of statues, shields or no. A well-aimed shotgun can make short work of a statue even with shields up, but I find this ammo is much better saved for golems (unless it's just lying around in spades).

*** Modes ***

• Containment is largely a matter of Slime Tether skill. With a team of two, you'll have to capture 15 ghosts to win; with three, you need 18, and with four you need 20. I didn't find it much easier or harder to do this with small or large groups, as long as they're skilled. (In fact, check the math: a team of 4 all specializing in slime tether will start with 20 tether shots, precisely enough to finish the stage!) Keep your traps spread out to opportune locations, usually crossroads/junctures between corridors. And don't waste time lining up a perfect slime dunk, as the ghosts sometimes make a break for it; better to slam them down to 1 life and then wrangle a capture than to spend the next 45 seconds searching for them.

• In Times Square Containment levels, focus on the construction workers first. They like to sabotage your traps, which makes them spark and renders them unusable and unrecoverable for a few precious seconds.

• Destruction is worlds easier with a full team of 4. The difficulty of the monsters doesn't seem to ramp up very much, and you've got twice the destructive power as you would with only one partner, which is critical with a 5 minute time limit. For the most part you shouldn't bother killing enemies here; just go for the relics. (But as usual, an overload pulse aimed straight at your feet can sometimes spare you lots of lost ammo pickups.) Use the proton stream to destroy green relics unless you're getting swarmed. Overload Pulse works beautifully on clustered relics; the shotgun is excellent against any relic you can get right up next to.

• Survival mode is often better with a team of 2 than a full team of 4. I'd recommend not trying any of the three Library survival levels until you're very well versed in multiplayer tactics.

• The waves to watch out for in Thief mode are candelabras and stone angels. The candles come in huge numbers and you definitely want to save plenty of overload pulse ammo for their arrival. The angels are extremely irritating due to their strong attacks; I actually prefer it when they go for the artifacts instead of me, as they're much easier to weaken and slam.

• It's been said dozens of times, but I'll confirm it again, for Gozer's you only need to preserve one artifact in Thief levels, not all four.

Edited by LibertyGeis

• Protection mode is the hardest mode in the game when communication is bad and the easiest when communication is good. Every stage has the exact same strategy. Have all players pick the blue ammo specialty, but *save it*. Grab anything that isn't blue ammo in the hope that you'll have plenty lying around once wave 3 gets there. During the first 2 waves, try and wrangle the ghosts without trapping them. (This isn't crucial; cap them if you want, they're small potatoes next to wave 3.) When the mook-spawning golem arrives in wave 3, have a designated person freeze him with stasis. Once he's frozen, he'll stop spawning creatures (let the other players kill the ones already spawned) and you can keep him in stasis by firing intermittently. (There's a rhythm to this for conserving ammo; count 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3... and hold L2 down during count 1.) When the designee runs out of ammo, either grab a nearby blue pack and continue, or fire your proton stream into the sky to alert your allies that someone else needs to take over. Newbies will often blast away at the golem, which will break your stasis and undo all your hard work. I wouldn't bother trying this mode with randoms.

• Slime Dunk mode is the only one of the six modes to be competitive rather than cooperative. Green Slimers are worth $2000, yellow $3000 and blue $4000; the most money wins. And you can shoot down your opponents in this mode, but this is a cheap way to play and often leads to rage-quitting which will not get you credit for the victory.

• In Slime Dunk, don't waste time weakening the Slimers! Their life bar goes red at full health, meaning you can wrangle them instantly. Just grab them and slam, slam, slam. And although it's a bit counter-intuitive, slime tethering (heck, pretty much everything but the Proton Stream) is a complete waste of time in Slime Dunk mode.

*** Levels ***

• Reading Room Destruction is a huge headache; it's tough even with a full team of 4 experienced players. Two people just won't have time to do the job and usually can't rescue each other effectively when they get knocked out. The final 4 artifacts are a massive hurdle here. Try and save a full pack of blue and yellow ammo once you get to artifact 20 or so, and watch for the etherial shield which often spawns on the bridge; it can be a lifesaver. Focus everything you've got into killing the 2 red artifacts on the bridge or you'll get overrun by candelabras. Blast the floor right between them with Overload Pulse, then shotgun off their remaining life. The artifact at the far end also spawns candles, so it's your second priority. The book golem is an afterthought, as his artifact is a breeze once you're not drowning in candles.

• Cemetery Destruction has a very dangerous wave at about its midpoint, when 3 crystals appear clustered together on the hillside. Tons of cultists and cultist summoners will emerge and it's not uncommon to see your whole team go down in moments. Have everyone save their yellow ammo for this, and carpet bomb the hillside with overload pulses. If you're quick enough it'll be over before you can blink; take too much time and you'll meet a hail of skulls and purple energy orbs. If a teammate goes down, leave them! Revive them after these crystals are dealt with.

• Lost Island Destruction has a lot of relics in very inconvenient spots. Some spawn near the roof, some floating way out above the bay. Yellow ammo is golden here. Snipe them with meson collider shots.

• In the Office Destruction stage, be aware that some of the later relics will appear outside the windows suspended in midair. From the big broken-out face of the building, you can turn left or right, and once through either door you'll have to break the windows to have a shot at the relics.

• In Basement Stacks Survival mode, save your slime tethers for the large fisherman ghost wave near the end. The final wave has at least two book golems (three with a full team). This is the only Survival spot I've seen where I believe it's better to freeze the golems with stasis and take them out one by one, rather than let them chase you around the stage (which often gets you sandwiched). This stage more than most others will punish you if you try and rush in to revive a fallen teammate without waiting for the right moment.

• Twisted Stacks Survival mode is basically swarm city. Don't pick slime tether as your specialty for this stage, as ghosts are the least of your worries; I picked the Proton Stream for its added punch, but yellow works well too. There is a semi-safe spot in the stage, on the ledge immediately to your right as you begin (go up the right staircase, then U-turn around to the right). Here you can't be flanked as you can only be approached from one side, and if things get ugly you can jump off the ledge back to the table area; anything chasing you won't jump down and will take the long way around. The gargoyles of wave 4 or so will also have a hard time hitting you behind the columns and the debris next to the staircase. There's also an item pick-up here to boot! It's the perfect spot to camp out. (I found this stage to be MUCH easier with 2 people. We had a full team of 4 skilled 'Busters and must've died a dozen times here, but I finished this stage paired up with a complete newbie without too much headache.)

• In many Library levels, between waves you'll see the Librarian ghost appear to shush you. Don't waste ammo on this! It's just for atmosphere and cannot be interacted with.

• In the Streets level, during later waves, keep an eye out for the Ghost Taxi. This thing can't be stopped and can knock you out in one shot. The semicircular loop of road seems to be the most dangerous area, as it's hard to see the taxi coming; stick to the edges of the road if you're forced into this spot.

*** Bosses ***

• Survival mode in the Office and Rooftops will end with a confrontation with the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man. He won't usually attack you directly unless you get right in his face (in which case he has a one-shot-kill, so stay clear; I've seen all three of my teammates go down in an instant to this attack, even when spread out a good bit). You want tons of yellow ammo here. His main tactic is throwing a swarm of mini-mallows at you, making this a battle of crowd control. You have to keep on the move to avoid the mallows. An overload pulse will clear a whole swarm of them, and a pulse to Stay-Puft's face knocks off a huge chunk of his life. He'll fall off the roof and climb back up twice; once you knock him off the third time you're done with the stage.

• Stay-Puft also makes an appearance on wave 3 of Rooftops Protection (though I don't believe this happens every time). This is good for you, though, as 90% of the time he glitches and one of his mini-mallows gets stuck on his shoulder. Kill the ones that make it to the roof and just let him sit there glowering at you while your tower builds to 100%.

• The only other stage with a unique boss monster is Lost Island Survival. At wave 10 you'll encounter some golems that are unlike those in any other stage. They look reminiscent of a hybrid between the black slime golems and the key guardians from the last stage of single-player. They have a special lightning attack with similar range to the marshmallow/black slime golems' vomit attack, but much quicker. This is the one spot in the game where the slime blower saves the day. As far as I can tell, the only way to hurt these guys is with green slime, or with a ghost stunner pickup. A full pack of slime ammo only takes out a little over 1/3 of their health, so you'll spend a good long while scrambling for items around the stage. Other than this, though, they're not much tougher to fight than any other golem. Be mindful of the black slime pools that will have appeared all over the stage though; they're not really worth wasting green slime on, but it's easy to get yourself knocked out unwittingly just by walking through the wrong spot, causing you to lose your slime ammo.

Hope this proves helpful. There's a lot of stuff here I just wish someone had told me going into it. It's a frustrating, and at times infuriating, road to the platinum, but in spite of all its flaws I love this game enough that I hope I can help a few others to get the most out of it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

LibertyGeis, that is one hell of a guide, I wish I'd seen it before I completed Gozers Most Wanted lol. I got it last night, still waiting on Overachiever though... nightmare.

I'd like to add a few tips and strategies if I may whilst they're fresh in my head. Sorry if I repeat a few things you already mentioned!

1. If you're starting out Gozer's Most Wanted, start off with Containment levels. I didn't, in fact I finished them all last, along with three library Survival levels. So why do I wish I'd done them first? Simple answer: it forces you to use the slime tether. You cannot win without tethering most of the ghosts in containment, some can be captured with the proton stream but zapping them down to stun them eats up too much time. Even if they don't go in the trap they will be instantly stunned for an easy capture. Practicing with the slime tether during these games, I realised just how easy some of the other missions would have been, especially Destruction (to move ghosts blocking relics out of the way) and Protection (during 2nd wave especially). So try and get the Containment levels first, it's a matter of practice. Also, without good slime tether skills, don't even bother trying Reading Room and Basement Stacks Survival missions, you'll never get past wave 9. The ghosts will keep on multiplying and you'll fast be overwhelmed. Which leads me onto Survival:

2. Easiest with only 2 players by a long shot. The hardest without doubt are the Library levels. Always use pickups, allowing others to spawn in their place. For the Reading Room mission, on wave 5 I think it is, you get stone angels. Best strategy here is to stay at one end of the room - where you start, close to the wall. If you're in the centre, they can easily surround you and everyone goes down very quickly. But from here, they can only attack from in front, they cannot get behind you. Be ready to quickly revive your teammate, dodge the arrows and you should be fine. For wave 9 of both Reading Room and Basement Stacks, slime tethers are essential. However, once you get down to one ghost, DO NOT TRAP. I will explain hither:

3. Capturing the last ghost in wave 9 without trapping allows you to run around and stock up on crucial ammo for the last wave. I would also heavily suggest picking up ghost shrinkers/stunners/proton accelerators/pink slime until a shield spawns. Once a shield spawns (and it may take a long time, items spawn from the same spot every 2 minutes or so and are random), and everyone has full ammo, trap the ghost. Good luck! Shockblast the big guys and one of you grab the shield and just keep going at them whilst the shield is up. Revive downed teammates as quickly as possible. Essentially, this strategy is a race against the clock, but it does work - I've done it twice in Twisted Stacks and once in the other two. I'm sure it'd work for the other ones too, but those ones aren't nearly as hard (maybe with the exception of Lost Island, but we managed to beat that on our first attempt with 4 players).

4. Protection. Not much to say that hasn't been said, but if ghosts damage the tower too much in 2nd wave, try tethering them into walls for a quick stun rather than blast them with your proton stream. Cemetery is tough, you're gonna both have to freeze the guy together. Have one freeze until ammo is nearly out, then quickly swap. It's tough, but it is doable. If he gets to the tower, you're screwed (although there was one instance where he took it down to 0 from 88%, we destroyed him and the second one got stuck where he spawned, this is a very rare occurance though).

5. Thief. Easy, destroy all angels/gargoyles with proton beams, making sure to slam them. Save meson and shockblast for crawlers. When ghosts appear, DO NOT trap them. Keep stunning them with slime tether - when all are down to one bar of health, you can easily fling them away when they try to steal an artefact with the capture stream. Keep an eye out for any artefact that strays too far - they eventually return as long as another ghost doesn't pick it up. LibertyGeis, I'm gonna take your word for it that you only need 1 remaining at the end of the match, but I just wanna say we made sure we had all 4 at the end to be safe (like I say, I wish I'd read your guide sooner lol). Anyway, this strategy worked 4 out of 5 times I'd say and in all locations.

6. Destruction. Found Cemetary and Reading Room to be the hardest, but Lost Island was tricky too. Best with 4 players, and we tried to concentrate all fire power on the same relics where we could to destroy them faster.

That's it! I hope I could add something without repeating too much of what LibertyGeis already mentioned. I'm still waiting for Overachiever, not sure what to do - the buddies I played with got it without even expecting it to pop as we worked through the missions. Good luck!

Also, a couple of things for people who want to get Payday. As far as I know you must be hosting the match. But since you must also be the top earner, you'll need boosting buddies for sure. The only job you must get victory for is Protection, so you'll need to familiarise yourself with this one, especially the Times Square levels as it's rare to get a Times Square campaign that doesn't feature Protection (if you get a Thief job in the first round, you may escape it).

However, this one took a while to unlock, even after we completed all 4 of them. On repeated attempts, we found that it unlocked after doing the Museum campaign again. Not sure why. Just keep at it, and you should get it eventually.

Also, and this is very important: make sure to keep a record of your stats between games and ALWAYS let them update, even if you lose. The reason is because if you don't let them update, you may earn less in the next job and it will then appear that you have lost money, which makes it confusing as to whether the stats have updated or not. So always wait, just to be safe. If not sure, check with your online buddies, stats update for everyone at the same time.

Thank you so much! This may help me if I can find some good people to help me get Platinum on this. I only need the multiplayer/online trophies. I need someone serious enough to help and have only received 2 proactive people. And they aren't even on most of the time. If someone sees this.....help! :eek:

To be honest being the Host makes no difference to getting any of the trophies :).

I don't doubt what you're saying about hosting campaigns for Payday, if it worked then cool! We hosted our own though just to be safe. For Gozers Most Wanted, I can definitely confirm you don't have to host even 1 of the matches, since I hosted pretty much all of them and my buddies still got the trophy. Where you rank does not matter as long as you get the Victory screen :D

I just got the Overachiever award, and since this is a great thread for online tips (mainly LibertyGeis's lol), I figured to post what I think here. With my online buddies, I kept getting the same post-job awards, and I have a theory that mighr be because we were fairly similar in rank, ie. we all ranked up to the same level every few matches. I finally got the trophy playing a campaign with a random who was at Rookie level, and I got two different awards - We Came, We Saw and Demolitions Man. Trophy popped right after the latter. I'm currently standing at $9,094,950 and I just got it after dozens and dozens of only getting either Ain't Afraid of No Ghost or Light Show. If you still haven't got it, maybe try playing with rookies or newbies, if you're experienced enough you should do most of the work while they're still figuring the online mode out (I still see rookies zapping ghosts on Destruction levels and luring the golem to the PKE tower in Protection for example). And we didn't accomplish victory for any of the jobs in the last campaign either (we had Destruction, Containment and Survival in the library levels). Just keep at it - it's a long road but with dedication and patience, you'll get your well deserved plat :D