Is it worth it to start this game?

Warped Midnight

I've read all about the difficulties that go along with tackling this platinum. So...is it still worth it to start this game. It's been on my shelf for weeks and I just haven't put it in. Can this game be beaten still?

This is such a good game and the pro difficulty playthrough can be done as your first as it's not difficult at all. The online is fun but I'm not sure how busy that will be. So long as you find one good reliable boosting partner in the thread, your sorted!

I'm going to provide an opposing view compare to the above user:

When I started Ghostbusters it was decent enough but once you get to the halfway mark, the jokes dry up, the levels become samey and repetitive and it becomes more about destroying ghosts rather than capturing them. Professional Difficulty is made harder then it need be because of the moronic A.I.

The online could and should have been great but thanks to idiotic and clueless randoms, freeze prone servers that take forever to update your stats, buggy as heck trophies (Gozer's I'm looking at you).

All of this comes together to form a deeply unpleasant experience that I wish I'd never had. If it hadn't have been for a good friend of mine who agreed to help me boost the online trophies, I would NEVER have got the (P) as the Randoms you meet don't have the first idea about how to play this properly. The fact the servers can take up to 30mins to update your stats doesn't help.

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typo.

I last played this in 2009(just checked the last trophy i got)

I dusted it off the other night when the bf3 servers were down and started a fresh game(already had 45% of the trophies).

Its a fun game, the only online trophy i have is for the earn $100,000.

Maybe its cos i'm older and went to see ghostbusters in the cinema when it first came out,for me you can never have too much ghostbusters....its like saying too much Star Wars(i specifically refer to the original trilogy only!!) :D

Add me if ya wanna go for the online stuff! PSN: mnbvdsa

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta say, I disagree with terminators assessment of the game. Im not boosting at all and so far I've had no troubles with servers or horrible randoms. I earnt payday quite comfortably just before and I'm looking forward to cracking out gozers. I've had such a great time playing this online to be honest, it could well be my best online experience. I've found servers don't take more than a few minutes to update and when I create games, there's usually someone joining within a couple of minutes.

That being said, I installed the game after the fatal update that's been giving people grief. I can see how some randoms could be a pain, but I'd say give it a go. I was going to give it a miss but I'm really really really glad I didn't.

Gotta say, I disagree with terminators assessment of the game. Im not boosting at all and so far I've had no troubles with servers or horrible randoms. I earnt payday quite comfortably just before and I'm looking forward to cracking out gozers. I've had such a great time playing this online to be honest, it could well be my best online experience. I've found servers don't take more than a few minutes to update and when I create games, there's usually someone joining within a couple of minutes.

That being said, I installed the game after the fatal update that's been giving people grief. I can see how some randoms could be a pain, but I'd say give it a go. I was going to give it a miss but I'm really really really glad I didn't.

In that case you have been extremely lucky and for that I congratulate you :) as you've managed to avoid the worst of the problems so far.

In that case you have been extremely lucky and for that I congratulate you :) as you've managed to avoid the worst of the problems so far.

Let's hope that luck keeps up :) I'm hoping overachiever unlocks once I hit 2.5 with no dramas. Another common problem apparently. We shall see :)

Edit: so I'm up to 6mil with no overachiever :p I keep getting ain't afraid of no ghost awards every match. Once I get gozers I might try specific award actions only and see from there.

Edited by kraven_15

• 3 months later...
I'm going to provide an opposing view compare to the above user:

When I started Ghostbusters it was decent enough but once you get to the halfway mark, the jokes dry up, the levels become samey and repetitive and it becomes more about destroying ghosts rather than capturing them. Professional Difficulty is made harder then it need be because of the moronic A.I.

The online could and should have been great but thanks to idiotic and clueless randoms, freeze prone servers that take forever to update your stats, buggy as heck trophies (Gozer's I'm looking at you).

All of this comes together to form a deeply unpleasant experience that I wish I'd never had. If it hadn't have been for a good friend of mine who agreed to help me boost the online trophies, I would NEVER have got the (P) as the Randoms you meet don't have the first idea about how to play this properly. The fact the servers can take up to 30mins to update your stats doesn't help.

This is exactly how my cousin felt. He hated it by the time it was over an wanted nothing to do with it ever again, and he gave up after two weeks of grinding the last trophy!

I, on the other hamd, adore Ghostbusters and this game gave me a rich rewarding experience. So i would say play it.

At first I was a bit skeptical about starting this game due to the online trophies. I read how they are difficult and I was worried about finding enough people online to even play with. But in the end I am happy I started this. Not only is the single player campaign fun but online isn't bad either. I was surprised at how many ppl still play this game and although i'm still a ways away from completing the online portion I am enjoying it and have no regrets.

Let's hope that luck keeps up :) I'm hoping overachiever unlocks once I hit 2.5 with no dramas. Another common problem apparently. We shall see :)

Edit: so I'm up to 6mil with no overachiever :p I keep getting ain't afraid of no ghost awards every match. Once I get gozers I might try specific award actions only and see from there.

If you haven't got Overachiever yet, I got mine around the 9 million mark. I've heard it can take more, but should pop eventually. Concentrate on the other trophies first with a good boosting partner, then try playing jobs with randoms to get different awards (you won't have to win the jobs so if the randoms are clueless then it won't matter).

I kept getting the same awards whenever I played with my boosting partners, as soon as I only had Overachiever to gain I got it this way. I think the difference in experience and rank helps you gain different awards that you might not get with someone who ranks very similiarly to yourself. Of course I may be wrong, but if I am that's one damn big co-incidence.

I'd say if you can find someone who's willing to put the time into it (and it can take a long time, though we managed to get all the online trophies we both needed in just under 2 weeks), go for it. Mics are pretty much essential to communicate, but once you learn some of the basic strategies for each job (look to LibertyGeis' thread here for online tips: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/ghostbusters/165066-tips-rookie-not-so-rookie-online-ghostbuster.html ) you can get by without them, though it is much more difficult. Example, my mic cut out just before we were about to start Twisted Stacks Survival, which is notoriously difficult. But since we'd been playing together and communicating for so long, we managed to get to wave 10 without being able to talk to each other. We lost in the end, but some of the waves in that mission are pretty damn tricky, even when communication is good.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Now that the PS3 servers look DOA, I don't think starting up this game now is worth it in the slightest. Before the server closure, I would say it's definitely worth starting up... for any fan of the Ghostbusters movies.

Hope Atari rots in developer hell for this stupid decision.

I would say that the mulitplayer was fun, but just seem tacked on. If you are a Ghostbusters fan, the main singleplayer story is awesome and well worth playing on its own.

If the servers are down, they stayed up for a long time compared to many sports games(looking at you EA and 2k).

you obviously did not play it enough. It was a uniqe experience that didn't involve fragging other players for once, and when you had a community like the GB multiplayer community it made it all the more fun, joing new modes with the same like minded players. I got to know people by name and all. Hell, even had Godzilladaddy on my team alot.

The only thing that sucked was you got capped at lv20. They should have done like RDR and capped you at lv50, and even then you could "pass into legend" and re-rank up to 50 like 4 more times over and then TRULLY get capped. Man, it will REALLY suck if rockstar takes there servers offline for that game, I play that and GB the most online.

If you are a Ghostbusters fan, the main singleplayer story is awesome and well worth playing on its own.

True, but it made the game a thousand times more enjoyable being able to play online co-op with three of your friends, who also happen to be HUGE fans of the movie.

Closing down the GB servers without any notice was a big mistake by Atari, IMHO... I'll most likely never support them again. They can join the growing list of other game developers that I've written off...

• 1 month later...