Anyone complete the Protection Campaign?

ichris26

I completed it. I have done all of the different objectives and have came in first place but have not gotten the trophy for it. I have not even got the trophy for completing 1 online campaign, and I don't know why. Anyone else have this problem?

I completed it. I have done all of the different objectives and have came in first place but have not gotten the trophy for it. I have not even got the trophy for completing 1 online campaign, and I don't know why. Anyone else have this problem?

You may have to have 4 players to get some of the online trophies. I am not sure of it though. And when it shows who came in 1st,2nd,etc, you need to look at the job amount because the ranks are based on the total campaign cash not the individual job cash in which you may not have been number 1.

I've gotten it to 91% on the final wave but the large monsters knock it to 0% in ONE HIT. The trick is the monster is AGGRO to one Ghostbuster only. And that ghostbuster has to run away to lure him elsewhere while the other two/three stand in the zone and kill his little minions. If you see the monster coming toward you and you are in the zone. Leave the zone because he might be coming for you. Never let him get near the zone and he won't bother it.

I can play with the monster and just jeep jumping behind him everytime he swings, but when he's chasing me for some reason my partners leave the zone like fools and the little minions start pecking away at it while they shoot him. If you need a partner let me know.

You may have to have 4 players to get some of the online trophies. I am not sure of it though. And when it shows who came in 1st,2nd,etc, you need to look at the job amount because the ranks are based on the total campaign cash not the individual job cash in which you may not have been number 1.

I got the trophy for completeing 1 online campaign in an unranked match with just one other person. I was in first place the whole time though, so I think thats how I got it

Yeah, I've finished protection on all maps. I think the museum is the only one I have not won or finished in first. Its very possible, just some teamwork is required when the bigger ghosts come in the last wave.

One player definitely needs to protect the PKE tower at all costs and the other(s) destract the rest of the ghosts away. One match we were on the last one, and it was up to 94% with about a minute left and my partner got knocked out. Stupid ole me had the "revive at all costs" attitude going and it got knocked down to 2% and eventually we lost in sudden death.

Yeah, I've finished protection on all maps. I think the museum is the only one I have not won or finished in first. Its very possible, just some teamwork is required when the bigger ghosts come in the last wave.

One player definitely needs to protect the PKE tower at all costs and the other(s) destract the rest of the ghosts away. One match we were on the last one, and it was up to 94% with about a minute left and my partner got knocked out. Stupid ole me had the "revive at all costs" attitude going and it got knocked down to 2% and eventually we lost in sudden death.

Yea, the only protection I've completed is the Museum

I just sat at the PKE tower while everyone else did the work

If you've got competent people with mics, these should be no problem

• 4 weeks later...
i´ll got some troubble with portection on rotunda and cementary, i got failure everytime..=(

i'm missing cementary. if you wanna, we can do them together. rotunda is a quicky if we stick to the tactic that one draws the big guy away.

btw, haven't we played a few rounds recently? your nick sounds familiar. i'll give you an add or add me if you wanna.

Protection is super easy if you follow the strategy of having one player guard the PKE tower, while the other players distract the majority of the ghosts and the big guys at the end. The only level this doesn't work on is the cementry. The big guy at the end always goes straight for the PKE tower and takes it out with one hit. The key here is getting the stasis beam and freezing him before he gets to the tower, when the freeze effect wears off freeze him again. It helps to have at least 2 players with the stasis beam because just one won't have enough ammo to hold him off, unless that one player runs off to grab more ammo after running out. Make sure one player is also guarding the tower at all times to smash the flying skulls that head toward the tower. And make sure that the player guarding the tower does not shoot at the big guy, on the off chance the other players actually manage to distract him without using the stasis beam.

Edited by Indy815

Just a heads up, but you guys probably know this already.

Cemetery Protection is glitched. All subsequent golems (after the first) will immediately run straight to the disruptor and smash it. The trick is to either (a) distract the first golem but don't kill him; (B) pray the golem gets glitched (he got caught on a fence for me, how lucky!); © beat the crap out of him with four Ghostbusters to prevent him from slamming his cage against the disruptor. He'll get knocked back after enough power.

Note: pulling off his head seems to stop the "auto-run" to the disruptor.

Me and a friend just did all the protections, with 2 players its very manageable....4 is very hard!

The first PKE is easy, just hold the 2 ghosts in the stream til the time is up, you dont have to trap them....the second PKE, both players should slime teether the ghosts and protect the circle, the last one, one player NEEDS to be the bait and freeze the big golem, and repeat while being the bait....hopefully your teammate can protect the tower well....with 2 players, there is ONLY 1 golem. Having a headset helps, so you can tell each other where the weapon upgrades are in the room.

Graveyard- same tactics work, but both players should severely weaken this golem before freezing him.

i'm missing cementary. if you wanna, we can do them together. rotunda is a quicky if we stick to the tactic that one draws the big guy away.

btw, haven't we played a few rounds recently? your nick sounds familiar. i'll give you an add or add me if you wanna.

yes., then i saw the most wanted ghost on cementary 2, and it says that u defeated a most wanted ghost and then i got failure after that lol..

• 4 weeks later...

Protection mode is easy if you know how to complete it.

For the first 2 rounds just keep the ghosts away from the tower (I suggest just keeping them wrangled/frozen; new ghosts won't spawn till the old ghosts are dead).

For the final round the trick is to have 1 person stay near the tower to kill any small spawns from attacking it, while the other person/people keep the big guy far away from the tower. With 2 people this is a cinch; just 1 big guy, so as long as the person keeping his attention stays alive you can easily get the tower to 100% without it getting hit.

• 2 weeks later...
Protection mode is easy if you know how to complete it.

For the first 2 rounds just keep the ghosts away from the tower (I suggest just keeping them wrangled/frozen; new ghosts won't spawn till the old ghosts are dead).

For the final round the trick is to have 1 person stay near the tower to kill any small spawns from attacking it, while the other person/people keep the big guy far away from the tower. With 2 people this is a cinch; just 1 big guy, so as long as the person keeping his attention stays alive you can easily get the tower to 100% without it getting hit.

Except for Cemetery Protection, you need skill and a bit of luck for that one.

BIG-gwap i had same problem with survival, i survived all rounds and came first but no trophy! maybe that one is glitched for some people too ?

You need to do Instant Ranked matches, nothing else counts (Campaigns, Unranked Instant).

I've got all but Payday! and No Job Too Big, waiting for that patch... looks like it could today/very soon.

Edited by AceSoloMcCloud

• 4 weeks later...

Yea protection is a toughy. I had particular trouble with the cemetary. If you have trouble with this here is how I did it. Get a team of 3 people (I reccomend only trying with people who seem at least semi-intelligent and preferably with mics so you can communicate). Everybody start with stasis as their specialty, then during the first two rounds while charging the two easy pke disruptors, run around collecting power-ups that are non-stasis to try and get them to spawn extra stasis rounds. Also, try to get the final pke disruptor to be the bottom one by standing next to it (it seems that the game doesn't like spawning the next pke disruptor right by you). When the third round starts find the golem and one person freeze him with stasis beam while the other person hits him with a meson overload to kill any skulls. Continue to shoot him with bursts of stasis stream to keep him frozen. If you dont' allow him to unfreeze, he will never again spawn skulls. When you get low on stasis, let your teamates know so one of them can take over while you go grab one of the many extra stasis rounds you should have spawned. That's how me and two others did it just about fifteen minutes ago and it worked easily.