Platinum Difficulty Rating

olsen77

Rate the trophy difficulty.  

285 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty.

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

NOTE: Due to the server closure, the platinum for this game is no longer attainable

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_7.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 7.22

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Darth_Krid

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are people voting so low? As far as I can tell the platinum is impossible since two online trophies are glitched. There also doesn't seem to be many people playing online. I would give it a 10 I don't know if I'll try for platinum because I don't care for the mp.

Edited by Dark_Adonis

How can so many people vote for this yet nobody has the Platinum? Makes no sense. I could understand if there were like 25 votes for the 10 rating, since nobody can get the platinum.

However, these ratings are all over the board.

Yes but if the game gets patched, those people who rated it a ten are going to look like such fools.

I've done the requirements for Payday, it took two days, purely down to the fact that the game was new and nobody knew of all the tricks to trap ghosts faster and how to take down those giant monsters with little trouble.

Once people started to use the slime tethers in survival and containment, suddenly the number of times you found your team completing that game would greatly increase.

• 2 weeks later...
Professional is really fucking hard in spots and is a definite controller tosser at times

Just managed to clear it last night. Easily the most difficult bit is in the Central Park graveyard, in front of the "Indistructable door attached to a damaged frame" where you and Ray alone have to either wrangle or slime tether charging angel's to the top of the frame. Took me several tries to get it right. The only offline one left to me now is for -100,000 damage costs. I'll be tip-toeing around alot of things I think...

Still, Im voting an 8. The online is a major hassle, glitched tropheys aside: too often I get "cannot load - different map" or a lag that makes the game hang or keeps me out of the loop.

Edited by takun23

• 1 month later...

Still have a few online to go for platinum but at this point I rate this at an 8 due to parts of the game on pro and all of the dumb people online. I hate the self servers that cause mission failures.

I was trying to beat a containment level and this guy would shoot my tether every time I tried to anchor one end by a trap. Guys like that are why I hate online trophies. There's also the never heal anybody guys and the guys that throw traps on destruction levels. New suits aren't that cool

8 + Time consumming Sounds right, that can definetely decrease to only 6 if you boost with some1 who knows how to play

I agree with a 7.5-8 rating. Online requires good team work. If you are playing with randoms it can be more time consuming because there are many who don't know how to play properly. It can drop to 6 if everyone is skilled.

Ghostbusters is a game where you want to play the single player campaign first. You'll get comfortable with the system, learn how to use all the weapons, and if you completed Tobin's Sprit Guide you'll also know all the ghost weaknesses. Which make online so much better.

The game itself is not that difficult at all. Professional Mode is simple enough, nothing compared to Shinobi's Super Mode, God of War 2's Titan Mode, or Ninja Gaiden's Master Ninja Mode.

That said, I gave the game a 9 simply because of the multiplayer trophies, specifically Gozer's Most Wanted. Achieving the necessary victories is not only time-consuming, it's downright maddening if you're forced to play with random people, many of whom have no idea what they're doing. The Cemetary Protection job is just one example of how hard things can get without a strong team.

I voted 8. Single player was a breeze. Online however was a major pain in the ass. You really need a team that knows what they're doing to be able to get Gozer's Most Wanted, definitely the hardest mp trophy imo.

That being said, Payday! was easy once Jaytime figured out how to get it. I have no idea why it wouldn't unlock for some people though. Regardless, this game has so many problems from the random freezing to invisible and multiplying ghosts, I'm surprised the difficulty is not rated higher.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...